• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides White fluff vs DS

So my comment about trying 'needle point' is irrelevant as it turns out the acid I've been taking is Gamma Goblin/GG and apparently is of this grade anyway?

I'm tempted to try the DS but GG is so good I can't really bring myself to not buy the GG.

So my comment about trying 'needle point' is irrelevant as it turns out the acid I've been taking is Gamma Goblin/GG and apparently is of this grade anyway?

I'm tempted to try the DS but GG is so good I can't really bring myself to not buy the GG.
Just to be clear, the terms “needlepoint” and “white fluff” refer to a particular purity of acid, but it’s not just one chemist’s signature thing, ya dig? Meanwhile DS and GG refer to the actual chemists’ brand. In other words, both DS and GG are capable of producing needlepoint acid, but GG can’t produce DS acid and vice versa anymore than McDonald’s can produce Burger King’s burgers.

According to that theory anyway to which I don’t fully subscribe.

crystal size has nothing to do with purity it has to do with slow crystallisation of the salt from a solvent (ive made MDA crystals that were larger than an ozzie 10 cent piece and they were brown)

it is possible to trap impurities in large needle crystals and to be honest the shit goes brown black with uv light when you chromatograph it if your not careful so white powder is just

as capable of being the purer product.

but with most drugs impurities synergise for better or worse with the drug.

most ergolides that they make the stuff from are serious vascular constrictors (hence the cold nose toes and fingers with dirty acid I think) and were used in WW2 to stop bleeding as well as in child birth.

it may be that although the vascular constricting effects are not present in the dosage of the impurities in the crystal that with LSD they synergise as well.

not a lot of research in this field as science is dead set on purity.

as a side note if it was purified with modern HPLC systems that auto sample I can not see how either would be more pure than the other unless uv touched them 95% for a good hplc purification is not good at all.

but ye pure acid is much better than dirty acid.

there is also aztec crystal and good old peaceful up in Queensland as well.

Last edited:
Have you tried both chemists products and noticed any difference?
Yes, I've tried both chemists' products, and I think I can tell some differences, but I'm just not sure if I'm psyching myself into believing these things or not, and I'm very aware of how powerful placebos can be.

I'm going to get some DS and see how it goes compared to GG.
Without GC-MS, how can you be sure you're comparing the same doses? Most LSD vendors will claim their blotters are 100 µg each, but are they really? A few years ago, the DNM avengers proved otherwise and showed how all over the map blotter dosing sometimes is.

Like most ppl, I prefer acid that's highly visual, moderately euphoric, and carrying very little anxious body load. For me, DS 3.0 and GG needlepoint are probably indistinguishable. DS has lots of very upfront visuals – they tend to be melt-y/liquid-like visuals with long, flowing trails and most straight lines undulating in my field of view. The GG needlepoint's visuals remind me more of neon lights, smooth, clean electric lines and the geometries having a bit more of a circuit board feel, if you will. Trails tend more to be many quick, dotted, staccato repetitions of form rather than the long, flowing, legato types. I think the DS I had was laid a little more potent than the GG tabs (Dr. Hofmann dollar bills print).

However, prior to this, GG had this batch called Aztec that was unbelievably good for some reason, and I'm really not sure why. And I know at least a dozen people who tried it and 100% agree with this point. I've always wondered what it is about a particularly good batch of acid that makes it so good. Older heads who actually tasted the original Orange Sunshine acid produced by Nick Sands and Tim Scully circa 1969 swear the same thing about Orange Sunshine, which for years people thought was ALD-52 based on a failed criminal defense attempt in the infamous United States of America v Nicholas Sands and Robert Timothy Scully case. Years later, Nick Sands admitted it was made up and was actually just a really well-made batch of LSD.

Good LSD has been purified twice via chromatography column, the first time to remove synthetic impurities and the second time to remove the inactive isomers (LSD is the only active one of four positional isomers). While neither the impurities nor the inactive isomers have any psychotropic effects, they certainly still have an effect on the peripheral nervous system, lending that muscle cramping, cringing, “strychnine”-rumor-building anxiety acid is somewhat known for causing (no, there's no strychnine in LSD). I think this is at the heart of the qualitative differences some ppl notice with various batches of LSD.

BTW is there a website that shows current/past blotter sheet designs of chemists? It seems I can kinda figure out what is legit or not but more resources be good.
Probably, but a cursory search did not reveal one. However, GG—or a pretty convincing imposter—evidently has an IG page, I discovered. The mindfuck of it is that on this IG page right there on display is DS blotter, go figure… I'm thinking that's probably an imposter and not the real GG. I seem to remember GG warning about a fake clearnet address. Weird. I would not suggest interacting with this character whoever they are.

It's also interesting how many vendors on eBay and Etsy sell blotter art on perforated paper (undosed, of course). That's not very helpful, but fun to look at nonetheless, lol. If you find a good site for this, pls let us know. And good luck!

Last edited:
crystal size has nothing to do with purity it has to do with slow crystallisation of the salt from a solvent (ive made MDA crystals that were larger than an ozzie 10 cent piece and they were brown)
This is not actually true. Slow-growing long, contiguous, crystals is a purification process, not just something done for aesthetic purposes. As the crystal forms, impurities are pushed to the outside of the lattice formation, mostly locked out. This is where a two-solvent recrystallization comes in and is important. The second solvent scrubs clean each new layer of freshly formed crystal lattice as it's forming. Once formed, the impurities trapped in the second solvent can be removed through filtration. Purity is thus improved. The slower the recrystallization, the larger and more contiguous the crystals will be, as you know; but this also means purer crystals.

but with most drugs impurities synergise for better or worse with the drug.
True. I recall reading (I think this was in something Strike wrote, perhaps Total Synthesis II, can't remember) something about the common impurities of MDA and MDMA being isolated and tested and how they seemed to have a counteracting effect to CNS stimulation. This is interesting.

but ye pure acid is much better than dirty acid.
I think so, but I've also had some incredible trips on what was described as dirty acid by others… I had this Lavender in liquid form circa 2000-2001 that was some breathtaking stuff.

there is also aztec crystal and good old peaceful up in Queensland as well.
Aztec – so good.

I was really really surprised how much better 105ug tabs of GG white fluff tabs were over 100ug ug DS3.0 tabs...
But I definitely think I need to try 200-300ug of the DS3.0 blotters to give a final definitive comparison but the difference between 105ug GG white fluff vs 100ug DS needle point is dramatic. IMHO.
YMMV as always!

I was really really surprised how much better 105ug tabs of GG white fluff tabs were over 100ug ug DS3.0 tabs...
But I definitely think I need to try 200-300ug of the DS3.0 blotters to give a final definitive comparison but the difference between 105ug GG white fluff vs 100ug DS needle point is dramatic. IMHO.
YMMV as always!
exactly all you got to do is get your acid and put it in a warm solvent and let the solvent cool really slow to get needles even black ones from dirty acid.

its harder to keep a powder white than a crystal after it is formed as there is more surface area for the air and light to touch.

so really there is nothing in a name and the only way to truly know is to taste it and see.

when I had acid taken by the feds I was told it is too hard to get a purity on blot as there using to small amount.

it normally takes 1mg or so I think for testing and that is with a good operator which the cops are far from thankfully (saved my arse many times in the past)

I love dirty acid I find it has a soul in it and clean acid is just colour.

I am truly thinking of trying some ergot wine in the near future just for this reason.

This is not actually true. Slow-growing long, contiguous, crystals is a purification process, not just something done for aesthetic purposes. As the crystal forms, impurities are pushed to the outside of the lattice formation, mostly locked out. This is where a two-solvent recrystallization comes in and is important. The second solvent scrubs clean each new layer of freshly formed crystal lattice as it's forming. Once formed, the impurities trapped in the second solvent can be removed through filtration. Purity is thus improved. The slower the recrystallization, the larger and more contiguous the crystals will be, as you know; but this also means purer crystals.

True. I recall reading (I think this was in something Strike wrote, perhaps Total Synthesis II, can't remember) something about the common impurities of MDA and MDMA being isolated and tested and how they seemed to have a counteracting effect to CNS stimulation. This is interesting.

I think so, but I've also had some incredible trips on what was described as dirty acid by others… I had this Lavender in liquid form circa 2000-2001 that was some breathtaking stuff.

Aztec – so good.
the idea of purification with crystalization is not to make big crystals.

we use a dual solvent and nearly crash the crystals out to get our first recrystalization.

we then do it again.

each time as the crystals are so small the solvent keeps the impurity.

once we have it at the purity we want (still white fluff) we then use a single solvent to grow the crystal.

if one puts an impure substance in a single solvent and then slowly crystalizes it there can be three possiblities that I can think of.

1 as you say the crystal matrix forces out impurity (normally works for impurities that are drastically different from chemical you are trying to purify)

2 you dilute the impurity and then crystalize it into the crystal diluted.

3 you can often crystalize solvent in some cases into your chemical depending on solvent and chemical being used.

best bet is after HPLC do three dual solvent crystalizations for purity then if you want to make it look nice one single solvent crystalization to grow the crystals from.

its the same for all crystals mostly, ICE or meth being the most common that we use here and after a resolution from DL meth this process is exactly what should be followed as well.

so big crystals can be seen as a sign of purity but then again they can also not be.

it all depends on if the impurities will fit nicely into the crystal matrix with out upsetting the way they stack.

something of note for acid (though I can not be 100% sure but it makes sence) we are dealing with amides that are all very simular in shape and polarity (does not vary anywere near as much as amines and acids do)

I would guess that a lot of ergolides will stack quite happily in the crystal matrix because of this.

so say we do a curtius on LSA to get to LSD.

the LSA and any broken amide could quite possible crystalize into the matrix if not purified correctly.

think of the crystals made by mixing things like meth and isopropyl benzyl amine.

or the fact that meth and amphet do not stack when racemate yet all of the other phenethylamines do.

there structure is more complex so there is more gaps in the matrix for impurity and optical isomers to co crystalize.

now think LSD is one big and complex molecule its bound to have heaps of things that will fit in the gaps between the molecules in the matrix.

I have never been able to form a large meth crystal from resolution of DL unless I do multiple dual solvent recrystalizations first and then go the single solvent.

that is because meth is so tight and simple in its structure so it wont let most impurities crystalize with it.

this its self proves that growing crystals in a single solvent is not the way to make pure substances though it does argue in your favour of big crystals means pure until we take the rest of the phenethylamines into mind

and the complexity of acid as a molecule.

then we can look at tryptamines like DMT.

how many get large yellow crystals of DMT.

DMT is clear.

"Crystallization is frequently used to affect a separation. The ability to achieve purification of materials that are free of impurities at the parts per million level is due to the ordered lattice of a crystal, and more precisely, the energetic penalties for disrupting this order. In order for an impurity to enter the lattice substitutionally (Figure 3.10), impurity molecules must replace host molecules at lattice sites. If the two species are significantly different in size, shape, or chemical composition, this replacement can only be achieved at the expense of distorting the crystal lattice. Distortions, in general, cost a great deal of energy, and thus are energetically unfavorable, i.e., the total energy of the soUd solution is greater than the energy of the two pure solids, each in an undistorted crystalline state (Sandler 1977)."

and

"impurity uptake is proportional to the concentration of impurities in the crystallizer, xuig, thus efforts should be made to minimize their formation or introduction into the crystalhzation stage; and (2) the segregation is predicted to improve with increasing solute concentration, XH.iiq"

from

so if the molecules are alike as many impurities in synthesis can be they will fit into the matrix with out kinking it and distortion.

so large crystals are not a way to purify and as stated in my bad copypasta above (blame the ocr of sciencedirect) it is best to make sure there is efforts made to minimise there concentration in the final crystallisation

which is done either by chromatography dual solvent crystallisation or a myriad of other purification techniques.

Last edited:
I think it’s best to say, yes crystallization is a purification technique but isn’t one that can rid the product of all impurities based on the reasons stated above.

Big “crystals” can also be had by adding various cuts or the process of fusing the salt by bringing up to melting point then letting it cool. Neither are true crystals but the average user doesn’t know that.

Also I disagree with the notion most of the LSD these days is from EU. Let’s just look at DrugsData…

When looking at samples of “LSD” on first page of “outside US and Canada” (all from either Austria or Switzerland) we have 16 samples sold as LSD containing something else as the main psychoactive. And roughly 40 samples containing Iso-LSD. It should also be noted many samples contain low quantities of LSD as well.

Now if we look at US/Canada we see only 8 samples sold as LSD that didn’t have appreciable quantities inside. There’s a lot more samples with other drugs but almost all are trace quantities likely from cross contamination. Even more important is we aren’t seeing samples contaminated with Iso-LSD or synthesis impurities.

From this data alone I think we can conclude that at the very least, the US has a better more reliable LSD market. History will agree with this notion as we’ve always been the number one market, not sure why that’s suddenly change. I think we can also further extrapolate that EU is not the worlds supplier of LSD.

The fact Ismene JUST tried LSD like he did after 20yrs, tells me most of it is likely impure ISO heavy product. Whereas for me in the US, that experience is the norm not the exception.

-GC

I can also say that DS and GG itself is underdosed by about 15-20 ug. I have taken self-laid tabs from a plug that were 120 ug of some crystal from cali and were just as strong as GG 155 ug flower of light tabs.

And G_chem

European LSD is far more potent and stronger than american acid. Go to swizterland and see the testing of tabs there. Still 250-300 ug legit tabs.

It only takes one chemist to produce all the worlds LSD supply for a year.

The chemists in america make like ten million hits thats enough to keep the american supply for a long time. My fav crystal i ever took was def the cali stuff I had in 2020.

I can also say that DS and GG itself is underdosed by about 15-20 ug. I have taken self-laid tabs from a plug that were 120 ug of some crystal from cali and were just as strong as GG 155 ug flower of light tabs.

And G_chem

European LSD is far more potent and stronger than american acid. Go to swizterland and see the testing of tabs there. Still 250-300 ug legit tabs.

It only takes one chemist to produce all the worlds LSD supply for a year.

The chemists in america make like ten million hits thats enough to keep the american supply for a long time. My fav crystal i ever took was def the cali stuff I had in 2020.

that is a good point.

we all know that with acid there is a magic spot were the body load is gone and the trip takes over.

it may be in some cases that as the trips are dosed so low that its not a purity problem making for the side effects but rather that you have not punched through the veil so you are still aware of your body.

Also I disagree with the notion most of the LSD these days is from EU. Let’s just look at DrugsData…
I'm going off the prevelance of LSD on the darkweb.
The psychedelics market on the darkweb is dominated by a small handful of European manufacturers. This has been the case for many years now.

Europe has always been a key player in the global psychedelics market right back to the sixties.
Leary mentioned how he got LSD from Europe when he couldn't get it in the US in bulk. Makes sense because Leary knew Sands and Sands had a partner who sourced large amounts from Europe. It used to come flooding into the US from Europe back then despite what popular opinion might have you believe of the likes of sunshine acid and the like being cooked up on American soil and being the only LSD there was. Lots of bulk for ingredients to make LSD came from Europe too during that time. It was at one point the only place you could get it. After LSD was outlawed and the US government went after the handful of networks responsible for entire countrys supply, the connections from Europe opened up even more.

Europe doesn't get the spotlight though because of the public obsession with the swinging sixties being a solely American affair.

well sandoz is german/swiss and they produce most of the ergolides to my knowledge so its plausible that a great deal of acid does come from the EU

but I do know there is a massive lab in south america and I know of two labs in Australia.

its not a hard synth if you know what your doing and have the ergotamine.

most of the people I have known that have done it actually use asian ergotamine obtained believe it or not over the counter at a pharmacy.

one goes to vietnam or cambodia and then walks in the the pharmacy and if there white (I know its wrong) they are given almost anything without script.

but does the fungi that was originally used come from asia, probably not.

there was a big push to make acid on vesp and they had the halls and stevens culture as well as purp.

could they get the thing to continue making alkaloid ?

nope

there is a lot of work in making a culture that will continue to produce and that is if you purchase the commercial culture to begin with.

to mutate your own from the wild and get somewhere is well beyond most of the underworld cooks out there.

and to use purp one has to have a rye field to impregnate which will not happen in the tropics.

so I think other than some more inventive cooks in colder climates that most ergotamines do come from the EU.

but where its cooked after that god knows.

there is no way I would say I was making it in the EU if I was :)

sig test jul 31:2022

Last edited:
well sandoz is german/swiss and they produce most of the ergolides to my knowledge so its plausible that a great deal of acid does come from the EU
Sandoz is now Novartis and they took LSD off the market in 1965. They let the patent run as well (Patent here). They had two, both expired.
They completely wiped their hands of LSD after they found themselves inbetween increasing recreational use in the public and legitimate scientific research.
Understandable really considering today that would be brand suicide. Ever since the sixties they have distanced themselves as much as possible from their involvement in psychedelics.
Then they manufactured psilocybin for a while after Hoffman managed to synthesize it in his lab after he visited Mexico with Wasson and company. He collected samples which he sent back to the lab and made psilocybin pills. That stopped as well not long after.
Despite what most people know, they also had a monopoly over LSD research and refused to release their paperwork needed for filing research with the FDA, unless they approved of the research. That essentially halted most research because nobody could cite the research methodology/data. People blame it on the government but it was actually the FDA that kept the door open to research.

Sandoz was trying to shut it all down. Hoffman didn't call it his problem child for no reason.
Most manufacturing of LSD is done today by private pharma companies who work on behalf of approved researchers because the big pharmaceutrical giants won't entertain the topic.
And academic institutions too who make it in-house.

And yeah, you are right about Europe and getting the material from rye. It's been grown in Europe since forever. The climate has a contributing factor because it grows really well in colder climates. Interesting fact - rye actually comes from Turkey and began being imported into Europe during the Bronze era so it's not originally a cereal grain that is native to colder climates. For centuries, Europe was plagued with episodes of poisoning from contaminated rye, St Anthony's Fire. Documented cases go all the way back to 1000BC in places like China and Egypt so there is that to take into consideration too.

Last edited:
there you go :)

I thought they still made ergotamine which was used but I have not been in the loop for a long time.

It grows in Australia we even have references to it in history.

we had a big push to collect it for WW2 and it was used in tasmania to make sure bread went off and the convicts could not store food.

it is also a large part of the USA's history salem being an example that comes to mind.

I think it’s best to say, yes crystallization is a purification technique but isn’t one that can rid the product of all impurities based on the reasons stated above.

Big “crystals” can also be had by adding various cuts or the process of fusing the salt by bringing up to melting point then letting it cool. Neither are true crystals but the average user doesn’t know that.

When looking at samples of “LSD” on first page of “outside US and Canada” (all from either Austria or Switzerland) we have 16 samples sold as LSD containing something else as the main psychoactive. And roughly 40 samples containing Iso-LSD. It should also be noted many samples contain low quantities of LSD as well.

Now if we look at US/Canada we see only 8 samples sold as LSD that didn’t have appreciable quantities inside. There’s a lot more samples with other drugs but almost all are trace quantities likely from cross contamination. Even more important is we aren’t seeing samples contaminated with Iso-LSD or synthesis impurities.

From this data alone I think we can conclude that at the very least, the US has a better more reliable LSD market. History will agree with this notion as we’ve always been the number one market, not sure why that’s suddenly change. I think we can also further extrapolate that EU is not the worlds supplier of LSD.

The fact Ismene JUST tried LSD like he did after 20yrs, tells me most of it is likely impure ISO heavy product. Whereas for me in the US, that experience is the norm not the exception.

-GC

I noticed that the not same organizations do the analyses: DrugsData in the USA, Check It or SaferParty.ch in Europe...

I know that the analysis methods can be different depending on the laboratory. Some are better equipped and can detect more things. It would be a more logical explanation because I find it strange that DrugsData never detects iso-LSD, whereas it is a product of degradation it seems to me?

I think that could be due to the difficulty in detecting isomers of some compounds

I do not know a lot about LSD analysis but with THC detecting delta 8 vs delta 9 which are isomers can be a real bitch.

flame ID on your GC or GC/MS/MS is needed for delta 8 vs delta 9.

I noticed that the not same organizations do the analyses: DrugsData in the USA, Check It or SaferParty.ch in Europe...

I know that the analysis methods can be different depending on the laboratory. Some are better equipped and can detect more things. It would be a more logical explanation because I find it strange that DrugsData never detects iso-LSD, whereas it is a product of degradation it seems to me?

Yea you are right, upon viewing each we see Iso-LSD only with SaferParty. That said, I think the decreased number of samples containing other drugs (not in trace amounts) still drives home the point. If all the LSD came from the EU we’d see an even larger number of samples with drugs like NBomes such as in EU. I know personally I still have grams of the stuff but good LSD is cheap and plentiful.

From the data on there it seems most of the samples without LSD in the US were also simply inactive. Much less risk. Maybe we just learned our lesson a decade ago when NBomes were popular.

I still stand by my statement that at the very least, the US market is better than EU. I’m not saying we produce it all but we definitely got our domestic supply under wraps.

-GC

I still stand by my statement that at the very least, the US market is better than EU. I’m not saying we produce it all but we definitely got our domestic supply under wraps.
I don't think you mean under wraps – the term means “top secret.” I believe you meant to say we have our domestic supply down pat, maybe? Something like that.

Also it just depends on the drug in question. If you're looking for cheap ketamine, or, say, 4-MMC, Europe delivers…

I don't think you mean under wraps – the term means “top secret.” I believe you meant to say we have our domestic supply down pat, maybe? Something like that.

Also it just depends on the drug in question. If you're looking for cheap ketamine, or, say, 4-MMC, Europe delivers…

It’s gotta be top secret or it won’t stay “down pat.” ;) Words n stuff..

Honestly the Ketamine sounds bashed to hell in a lot of places over there. K is surprisingly pure around me, although K supply varies wildly in the US from one place to next. And it’s pretty damn cheap although maybe not as cheap, not sure. It’s one of cheapest drugs I can get when talking party crystals.

True on the 4-MMC, the US never really got going on that one.

-GC