• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what tryptamine or phenethylamine psychedelic did you try first?

what psychedelic did you try first?

• LSD

Votes: 114 26.8%
  • psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 194 45.6%
  • mescaline cacti

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • morning glory or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • MDA

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • ayahuasca/pharmahuasca

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • DMT (without MAOIs)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 4-HO-DMT/4-AcO-DMT

• 4-HO-DET/4-AcO-DET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-HO-MIPT/4-AcO-MIPT

• 4-HO-DIPT/4-AcO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-MIPT

• AMT

• 5-MeO-AMT

• synthetic mescaline

• 2C-C

• 2C-B

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • 2C-D

• 2C-E

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • DOC

• DOB

• DOI

• DOM

• DOET

• bromo-dragonfly

• DIPT

• MIPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• DPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• Total voters
shrooms, acid shortly after. i found acid much easier but the length of the trip mght be difficult for a first timer. mdma i did before both but i was fucking flying on some overdosed caps, best trip i ever had on e, dude capped the mdma himself and must have fucked it up because I have never been 1/10th as high as that time

I bought a cubensis grow kit and grew my own first psychedelic experience. Best thing I have ever done in recent years. Completely opened my mind.

i think its quite common for people to trip on mushrooms their first time, although that always isnt the case. I think that mushrooms can be one of the most intense experiences in your life and people who try them first will probably be thinking all psychedelics are a rough ride. but things like aMT.. or even 2C-B there more fun recreational drugs with a slight psychdelic twist.. 2C-B more so than aMT.

I have never experienced a large dose of LSD :(

THC Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol
MDMA 3,4-Methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine
MDA 3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine,
LSA Lysergic Acid Amide
Salvia Salvinorin A
Ayahuasca Dimethyltryptamine & 2-(5-methoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)-N,N-dimethylethanamine
Ketamine 2-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-methylamino-cyclohexan-1-one
LSD (6aR,9R)-N,N-diethyl-7-methyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo-[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide
n,n DMT Dimethyltryptamine
2CB 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine

In that order.

Edit: Added full names of chemicals because i'm bored. :)

Last edited:
acid for me. at one point i was an aeroplane, complete with engine noise, running through the house preparing for take-off.

LSD was my first and remains to be my favorite. Mushrooms and MDMA just don't compare (in my own mind/experiences) to the power and intensity of acid. Acid too me was just so mind expanding and really showed me what psychedelics were all about.

I have yet to try any of the PEA's though, but would gladly try if the opportunity arose. I would also recommend any first psychedelic user to stick with an 3.5g or less of mushrooms and go from there...mushrooms just seem so much easier to handle than an intense dose of LSD...but thats just my opinion...

I would recommend either low dose shrooms (>2g) or 1 - 2 tabs of acid (>250ugs) for a first time tripper.. higher doses of mushrooms can be VERY scary where as i've found that LSD can be alot friendlier.

Actually.. go with MDA. You can't go wrong ;) The way it pushes you into a good mood will be good for a first timer as to not freak them out, and the hallucinations you get from MDA, imo, are much more interesting than LSD + Shrooms.. infact they're the most interesting i've ever had.

1st: LSD
2nd: Psilocybian Mushrooms
3rd: Mescaline Cacti

Then on into Morning Glory (LSA's) and soon I was into RC's. 2C-I was my first there.

Alot of people look at LSD as being a rough start, but it was the perfect start for me. To be honest, my first mushroom trip was more perplexing, and then I really started to understand psychedelics after I got ahold of some Peyote Cacti.

As available as RC's are and even givin that they all have very specific characteristics that one might find appealing for a first time user, I am typically against the use of them for someone who has never experienced another psychedelic. I prefer nature, but I have had some wonderful experiences with RC's, especially 2C-E, 4-HO-MiPT, and DOM.