• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what tryptamine or phenethylamine psychedelic did you try first?

what psychedelic did you try first?

• LSD

Votes: 114 26.8%
  • psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 194 45.6%
  • mescaline cacti

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • morning glory or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • MDA

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • ayahuasca/pharmahuasca

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • DMT (without MAOIs)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 4-HO-DMT/4-AcO-DMT

• 4-HO-DET/4-AcO-DET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-HO-MIPT/4-AcO-MIPT

• 4-HO-DIPT/4-AcO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-MIPT

• AMT

• 5-MeO-AMT

• synthetic mescaline

• 2C-C

• 2C-B

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • 2C-D

• 2C-E

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • DOC

• DOB

• DOI

• DOM

• DOET

• bromo-dragonfly

• DIPT

• MIPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• DPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• Total voters
First Psychedelic: MDXX ( tried mdma and mda around the same time) then mushrooms
First tryptamine: Mushrooms
First phenethlyamine: 2c-b

LSD. I was 13 and it was like love at first drop. It literally "blew my mind" and I thought I'd never come down.

My friends and I were pretty heavy into it for about a year (1-2 times per week). After we all stopped, I never got back into it again. It's been nearly 10 years now since I dropped LSD (still partake in mushies and mdma from time to time... hippie flipping is divine). Might be time for a reunion soon with the wife. She was really into it as a teenager just like me, but we've never dropped together.

had some incredibly fun experiences with legally brought psilocybin mushrooms in my youth, glad I tried them before getting into acid a few years later..

LSD, first, at unknown but low to moderate doses between the ages of 17 and 20, then psilocin/psilocybin mushrooms in Amsterdam in when I was about 22, followed by many more occasions with 'shrooms bought legally elsewhere. Aside from one unsuccessful (threshold) attempt with each of pFPP and LSA (as HBWR), the third psychedelic I took was 2C-E, a couple of years ago or so.

(If you count cannabis, that came first; and if you count MDMA, that slots in between the LSD and the 'shrooms; and if you count Methylone, that comes between the 'shrooms and the 2C-E.)

ETA: Correction... Salvia divinorum came after 'shrooms, and before Methylone. Don't know how I forgot the Salvia.

ETA: Oh, we're talking about tryptamines and phenethylamines? Oops, forget the cannabis and Salvia, then, I guess. :)

Last edited:
Er, I can't actually remember...

Ironic? Maybe.

I know it was either LSD or mushrooms. I think it was acid. Yeah, acid for sure. Or maybe shrooms. We're talking about over twenty years ago, anyways. And the two entered my life around the same time (experiencing one led to an immediate search for the other - and peyote, which definitely came third... I think).

What was the question again...?

Peacelove,
Aldousage

P.S: I voted "LSD", because I'm 95-99% sure I dropped acid first.

2c-b

it was a minor trip... but the first I ever took.
a week later I took 2c-e.
and that changed my life in so many ways.
the most fateful day of my entire life
=D
2c-e still ranks #1 on my list.

My first psychedelic was LSD. My first phenethylamine was 2c-i. Then cubensis mushrooms as my first tryptamine experience.

Order:

LSA(400 morning glory seeds chewed and swallowed)
DXM
Extasy pill(not sure what was in it but I was seeing warping visuals, MDA?)
LSD
Sacred Mushrooms
Salvia
DOx

I tried an 8th of psilocybin mushrooms and cannabis in the form of honey oil for the first time on the same night, which was a very intense experience. Later that year I tried MDMA, and since I wanted to be sure I had good quality LSD before I ventured in to those realms, it was 2 years before I was able to try Lucy :) Worth the wait though! The first PEA I tried was 2 more years after my first LSD experience, which was 2C-I.

I think that mushrooms are an awesome first psychedelic experience, the fact that they grow in nature makes it's easier for most people to be comfortable taking them, as opposed to the newer synthetic psychedelics which can sketch a lot of first timers out. And also because of the intense experience they bring. I think that 2C-I is a good introductory phenethylamine because of the clear-headedness, euphoric push, active visuals and lack of body load, but not a good first psychedelic because in my opinion it's not all that psychedelic, more recreational if anything. But I know others who tried this for their first psychedelic may have something different to say.

2C-T-7, insufflated.

Why isn't this a choice in the poll?!

Salvia, a lot of salvia,...
6 months, of this, later or so, and more pertinent to this thread,
2c-i, a magical molecule, gentle as all get out...
and a bit more communication orientated, if you will, than other psy's, so far that I've been able to experience...