• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what tryptamine or phenethylamine psychedelic did you try first?

what psychedelic did you try first?

• LSD

Votes: 114 26.8%
  • psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 194 45.6%
  • mescaline cacti

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • morning glory or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • MDA

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • ayahuasca/pharmahuasca

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • DMT (without MAOIs)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 4-HO-DMT/4-AcO-DMT

• 4-HO-DET/4-AcO-DET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-HO-MIPT/4-AcO-MIPT

• 4-HO-DIPT/4-AcO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-MIPT

• AMT

• 5-MeO-AMT

• synthetic mescaline

• 2C-C

• 2C-B

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • 2C-D

• 2C-E

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • DOC

• DOB

• DOI

• DOM

• DOET

• bromo-dragonfly

• DIPT

• MIPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• DPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• Total voters
tried mushrooms as my first psychedelic expierence. (not counting marijuana)
I actually ate shrooms well over 50 times before injesting any other psychedelic substance.
From there it went to lsd, mdma, and then i entered the world of more exotic and newly developed synthetic psychedelics.

Nowadays i eat synthetic and natural psychedelics regularly. I tend to go towards the synthetic side as natural ones are a little more mild generally.(FOR ME)

I believe it was LSD. Shrooms were soon after, though.

I would say that mescaline or mdma/mda are *great* introductory psychedelics.

I'm the only person who started on ayahuasca.

It says 5-meo-dmt twice... and there is a single vote on each one :(

psychedelicious said:
I would say that mescaline or mdma/mda are *great* introductory psychedelics.
Personally I'd never recommend MDMA, as it seems to me that (repeated?) MDMA use damages "something".
If it weren't the gazillionth time would potentially be as great as the first, which is definitely not so.
Any thoughts and/or contrasting opinions on this matter would be welcome of course.

thanks for ur opinions guys, getting tabs of a this arvo for them, im taking some too and we got a sitter and a nice place to go to, should be good fun :)

heh cant wait to see my friend tripping balls !

Ptah said:
Personally I'd never recommend MDMA, as it seems to me that (repeated?) MDMA use damages "something".
If it weren't the gazillionth time would potentially be as great as the first, which is definitely not so.
Any thoughts and/or contrasting opinions on this matter would be welcome of course.

I should have clarified a bit, as you are completely right on the damaging feel of MDMA. A low dose would be good at introducing the psychedelic mindset and smoothly prepare the user for more intense experiences - most psychedelics have the potential to be very dark and scary, but with MDMA, it's hard to not enjoy yourself (so long as set and setting are well planned), unless you are allergic to it.

I think a few MDMA sessions would benefit most everybody (perhaps not someone prone to depression, although there is interesting reports of depressed folks taking MDMA and recovering with a combination of followup therapy).

MDMA showed me the Grace and Beauty of reality very clearly 7 years ago. So Pure.

I don't take it anymore though, since its basically a trip that I have been down enough times.

my first trip was off some weak acid blotter. I took one hit, got some giggles, mild visuals and it was enough to get me interested. My second time it was 2 acid red gel tabs. it was amazing. just a wonderful time. looking back on it, i can't believe i was taking acid when i was 15 years old. it's so weird, us little kids gettin acid...

i'd recommend a medium dose of shrooms or acid. just make sure you know the quality and it should be all good. just don't have someone try some drug that the strength hasn't been gaged. also i found mescaline cacti extremely smooth and easy to handle and is another i think would be a good first time trip.

either way as long as you're friends are smart about it, i think everyone should trip sometime in their life so long as they don't have a family history of mental illness

My first trip was with HBWR seeds. It was a very difficult trip, but really changed my life for the better.

my first was 2c-i, to this day i have not seen as many visuals as i did that night at a show.. carpets crawling up walls, everyones bobbing heads in the crowd looked like one mass of vibrating/tracing blur that i was a part of, ahh i love it..

then came some 5+ more times in experimenting with 2c-i, then onto a gentle mushroom dose which outweighted all that ive experienced with 2c-i.. most recent was my first time with ms lucy but i can't seem to weight it over the mushrooms, who cares about comparing anyway, it was fun as hell

LSD. It was the only one I tried for years but sorta disappeared around the time I discovered RC's. Mushrooms were actually pretty late in the order.

Ha, pretty obvious results on this one.

I'm with the shrooms camp myself (Psilocybe semilanceata, picked them by ourselves).

Btw, why is there an MDA option but no MDMA? I'm glad though, would have had to go with that one otherwise =D

Edit: lazy me, should have read the thread first, this has already been discussed

I believe it was a small, small amount of mushrooms (1/32 of an eighth). Felt mildly, but pleasantly stoned. Then, half a year later, while in a position where marijuana couldn't be smoked, tried LSA. Felt nauseous and had stomach cramps.

But when it really began it was mushrooms (due more to availability than anything else) for a few years then MDMA (and 2CI, and 2CB and some other unknown chemicals)... the entire time searching for LSD. After that....

Oh yeah, LSD is indeed the holy grail. I know some people here will disagree, but I haven't tried DMT yet ;)

So far my track record has gone..

Mushrooms, MDMA/MDA/MDE, 2C-I, 2C-E, DOC, LSD(?), 2C-T-2, 5-MeO-DiPT, 2C-B, 2C-C, DMT & 4-HO-DiPT

Mushrooms, MDxx, 2C-B/E/T-2, DOC, 5-MeO-DiPT and DMT have all been my favorites so far, can't even say one is better than another, they've all been special in their own way.

And I've still got AMT, 5-MeO-DMT and DOM on the table to try... they've been sitting in my little box for sometime now and may sit there for a little more cause honestly those 3 make me a tad anxious, the AMT especially, lol

Honestly nothing can prepare you for your first psychedelic experience, no matter the substance, you just have to be ready for it and know your ready for it, in my case I had quite lofty expectations and was somewhat underwhelmed on my first few trips, and as a result have had smooth rides from there on out.

Start small and slow and build up as you get more comfortable is the best advice I can give. :D

mine was MDA but I didnt see it until after I posted Morning glory! skewin the data!

Then came LSD then Fresh P. Cubensis (picked myself) then 2c-I- 4-ho-dipt - 5-meo-amt - 2c-e and on and on!

Yeah, now that I think about it, mine could have easily been MDA as well because I did my fair share of pills before the shrooms found me.