• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what tryptamine or phenethylamine psychedelic did you try first?

what psychedelic did you try first?

• LSD

Votes: 114 26.8%
  • psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 194 45.6%
  • mescaline cacti

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • morning glory or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • MDA

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • ayahuasca/pharmahuasca

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • DMT (without MAOIs)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 4-HO-DMT/4-AcO-DMT

• 4-HO-DET/4-AcO-DET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-HO-MIPT/4-AcO-MIPT

• 4-HO-DIPT/4-AcO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-MIPT

• AMT

• 5-MeO-AMT

• synthetic mescaline

• 2C-C

• 2C-B

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • 2C-D

• 2C-E

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • DOC

• DOB

• DOI

• DOM

• DOET

• bromo-dragonfly

• DIPT

• MIPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• DPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• Total voters

psycadelified

Bluelighter
I have some friends who really want to try tripping, they have never done it before. (they smoke weed and do pills though so its not like they are unexperienced) ..

i told them a few weeks ago that they should probably try shrooms first too see what its all about and then do cid. but now i think about it, im not sure, i reckon i had a great first time on acid, probably better then my first time on shrooms. BUT. this could have been because i was used to tripping on shrooms a fair few times before the acid so i was used to the whole hallucinations thing. im not sure.

so what i want to know is what psychadelic you tried first (out of shrooms and mushrooms, dont have experience with peyote or anything) , and what the experience was like when you next tried the other one (like, if you tried acid first, what was your first shroom trip like)
and if you have any recommendations for my friends, go ahead! thanks

psycadelifed %)

I tried shrooms first. However, acid would have been just as easy if not easier to handle.

Acid =D was the first time i ever tripped

after my first time a few months later I ate 2.8 g of shrooms and hated every moment of it...i lost time, forgot what i did that day and i minute seemed like forever. i was able to handle acid better than shrooms

but thats just me

and i will eat shrooms again just not that much

First psychedelic: MDMA (some may argue that its not psychedelic)

First "real" psychedelic: LSD

First tryptamine: Mushrooms

First PEA: 2c-i

Last edited:
I guess MDMA, though I don't really think of it that way. 2ce was the first "trip" I've had. After that I was hooked :)

i just recently did shrooms and im looking forward to acid this weekend
but with shrooms i ate an 1/8th for my first time and freaked out....Just make sure they do it together and get a sitter.

Good old lucy. Was a great first trip, I love acid!! Haven't tried shrooms yet, though I must by summers end.

i tripped on shrooms the first time, and i ate an entire 1/8th of some good mushies. tripped hard as hell and loved every minute of it.

i prefer acid, but always recomend shrooms to a first time psych user... its easier to guage dosage, your always sure what your getting (no dox blotter or bunk gels or any of that nonsense). lasts a bit shorter and all

I started with morning glory seeds. It was a good day, but I'd definitely take LSD or shrooms for a first trip instead, if they're available. (Whichever. They both rule. I've had friends who tried acid before shrooms and vice versa, and they all had good times.)

marijuana, lsd, dxm, mdma, mushrooms, mescaline, then other various designer phens and tryps...

definitely felt like lsd was the first major breakthrough.

first psychedelic i ever tried, if it counts, was weed
after that i tried acid and did it every weekend for awhile until i had a bad trip, then i went off it - ive had flashbacks ever since
then i tried E, then shrooms then salvia
oh and does special K count cos i did that after trying E
id recommend starting with shrooms - ive never had a bad trip on shrooms and as someone else said, theyre easy to dose, esp with an experienced user with u (dont ever trip alone - this does not have good vibes)

First psychedelic was DXM.

First "real" psychedelic was AMT.

AMT is still number 1 in my mind.

I actually had AMT before I'd ever even had MDMA...