• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what tryptamine or phenethylamine psychedelic did you try first?

what psychedelic did you try first?

• LSD

Votes: 114 26.8%
  • psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 194 45.6%
  • mescaline cacti

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • morning glory or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • MDA

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • ayahuasca/pharmahuasca

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • DMT (without MAOIs)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 4-HO-DMT/4-AcO-DMT

• 4-HO-DET/4-AcO-DET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-HO-MIPT/4-AcO-MIPT

• 4-HO-DIPT/4-AcO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-MIPT

• AMT

• 5-MeO-AMT

• synthetic mescaline

• 2C-C

• 2C-B

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • 2C-D

• 2C-E

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • DOC

• DOB

• DOI

• DOM

• DOET

• bromo-dragonfly

• DIPT

• MIPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• DPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• Total voters
salvia me too. then shrooms. next 2c-b...hopfeully ;-)

edit: salvia isnt a tryptamine or phen i guess...so ill guess its shrooms for me

Last edited:
the world turned into pixels when I took mushrooms for the first time (6 or maybe 7 years ago)

Acid/morning glory alkaloids are ergolines, not tryptamines or phenethylamines.

Personally 1st tryptamine - psilocybin, 1st PEA - mescaline

fastandbulbous said:
Acid/morning glory alkaloids are ergolines, not tryptamines or phenethylamines.

Personally 1st tryptamine - psilocybin, 1st PEA - mescaline

I know this, but the option was there.

Voted Hbw but my 1rst powerful experience was salvia.Weird stuff indeed..

2c-e was my first psychedelic experience... funny how no one else shares that with me.

I have to admit, it really set a high expectation from psychedelic drugs for me...

My first psychedelic experience is with mushrooms that I grew myself at the age of 15 during high school. Did them a bunch of times, then got some acid from a guy I met at the Shroomery forums a couple months later..

I still had interest in them, but I wasn't able to find any/didn't look for anything for a couple years till I was maybe 18 or so. Did them twice since then, and I'm now about to be 21.. I really should do them again. For being one of my favorites, and for as much as I trip, I'm really surprised I haven't done them in at least 2 years now.

LSD. Pretty high dose.
I actually recommend that to anyone but dumb people in stupid or reckless set/settings.

I started on acid, just one hit of medium quality. I had loads of fun on it, and became a psychedelic enthusiast instantly.

my first mushroom trip was already after I'd gone down the route of doing LSD too often and too irresponsibly, and didn't want to fuck with it anymore. I was very young. At this point I'd been psych-free for about three months. I ate a large starter dose of these mushrooms, somewhere between an 3.5 and 7g. My experience was profound and euphoric in many ways, but turned pretty sour when my parents freaked out on me in the middle of it, causing me to have a potent, terrible time. That's my own fault, though; I don't blame mushrooms by any means.

I say either one of these drugs is a good place to start, provided the dose, set, and setting are agreeable. I would not recommend any of these other chems considering they're all somewhat unpredictable, largely potent, and often carry with them an array of physical side effects.

AMT.

Wow what an experience that was.

Its not a chemical for everyone... but I and a number of my friends have lots of fondness for it.

Psilocybin is the best for a 1st time tripper because, barring an alergic reaction and anaphalactic shock or an underlying heart condition, it will not kill you. If more 1st time trippers knew this, there would probably be less freakouts on psilocybin. It was my 1st trip as well.

My first experience with a psychedelic was around 10-15 mg (if not more) of 5-MeO-DMT, which i smoked... pretty intense first trip.

The second one i tried was psilocybin mushrooms...

^5 meo dmt as a first psychedlic?

You are now prepared for anything a psychedelic will throw at you.

Did you leave MDMA out on purpose? Saying MDMA is not psychedelic is like saying alcohol isn't intoxicating, but whatever.

My first was MDMA (MDMA and MDE actually). I wanted to see how a mild psychedelic like MDMA affected me before trying mushrooms or LSD.

it was Psilocybin for me, and oh boy what a life changing experience that was, certainly i have entered some interesting realms, but not the realm i reached whilst tripping on a heavy dose of mushrooms.

I must get round to trying a higher dose of acid,, i have had some really nice trips, but nothing as earth shattering and life changing at the same time. I really want to try 2C-E for this reason. Also i think i would love DMT.

anyone ever try something such as DMT or a rare chem when first entering the psychedelic world ??