• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what tryptamine or phenethylamine psychedelic did you try first?

what psychedelic did you try first?

• LSD

Votes: 114 26.8%
  • psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 194 45.6%
  • mescaline cacti

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • morning glory or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • MDA

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • ayahuasca/pharmahuasca

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • DMT (without MAOIs)

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 4-HO-DMT/4-AcO-DMT

• 4-HO-DET/4-AcO-DET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-HO-MIPT/4-AcO-MIPT

• 4-HO-DIPT/4-AcO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-DIPT

• 5-MeO-MIPT

• AMT

• 5-MeO-AMT

• synthetic mescaline

• 2C-C

• 2C-B

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • 2C-D

• 2C-E

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • DOC

• DOB

• DOI

• DOM

• DOET

• bromo-dragonfly

• DIPT

• MIPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• DPT

• 5-MeO-DMT

• Total voters
MDA if it counts. if not shrooms. I would say either shrooms or acid should be fine for a first experience, they're popular for a reason

If MDA gave you psychedelic effects, it definitely counts as a psychedelic. I get crazy psychedelia from MDA so yeah.

For a first experience, I agree with shrooms or acid being good... but at the same time, I think smaller doses of DXM (less than 400mg) are more forgiving than either and can prepare you for more difficult experiences on LSD or shrooms.

DXM is a bit more malleable than LSD or shrooms (mostly LSD) and so if something starts going amiss, as long as you haven't gone crazy with the dose, you can pull yourself out of it fairly easy.

With shrooms, you're stuck with it for a bit and with acid, you can get stuck with the same thing throughout your entire trip (endless thought loop), which can really suck when you're up a good 14 hours and tripping hard for 10, coming down for 3...

LSD was the first drug I took, aside from things prescribed to me and the like (not abused).

I have a crazy story!

I have only been doing drugs for the past two years. I stared with weed. But the first time I tried anything other then weed my friend told me we where going to a club and going to take ecstasy. At the time she was “talking” with our friendly local drug dealer. We got there and she didn’t have tabs but she did have shrooms so we all took some. I think I took two grams. One of my friends with me is a habitual drug user and he is like my own little drug encyclopedia. I kept asking him how I would know when it kicked in. He kept telling me I would just know. So about twenty minutes after taking the shrooms we all leave the club. We are heading out to a friend of our drug dealers apartment. I was told her were would roll. I was in the car (we actually had a sober designated driver that night because we knew we were going to get fucked up) looking out the window that I started to feel it. I can’t explain it but the driver in the car next to me was so intense. Even though we wasn’t looking at me and we were passing him. I felt like me and his moving car were the only two things in the whole world!

When we get to the apartment we are all chilling. Are driver is just enjoying watching us and talking to friends on the phone. My roommate, two friends, the dealer, and I were the people on shrooms. There are about eight to ten people in the house and they are all fucked up on something or another. I kept waiting to roll and after about 45 minutes they called me into the kitchen. We all handed the guy that lived there ten bucks and he told us to open our mouths and stick out our tongues. We do this then head to the dining room table to we pass around a pipe and two people plan chess.

Sitting there I was feeling REALLY REALLY good. I decided to ask questions (mind you I am HIGHLY fucked up)
So I ask…. “If I fall asleep while rolling will I still feel like this?”
They respond “Fist of all you WONT fall asleep while rolling and second of all you aren’t rolling”

My response “THEN WHAT AM I ON!!!!”

At this point the told me I had just taken acid!

So I was on Shrooms and some very awesome acid.

I kept asking questions because I was curious. I remember my roommates boyfriend moving his hand to grab something off the table. I then asked if I was supposed to see trails because I was seeing some crazy shit!

I remember sitting on the front porch of this apartment staring at the trees with my friend and asking her if she had a favorite branch. She said kinda laughed and said no. I told her she could borrow mine because it was doing some awesome things!

On our way home our driver was hungry so she took us to whataburger. We were sitting there and my drug dictionary friend was in some really intense deep conversation. Once he finished all I could say was “Dude did you know your sideburns keep growing!”

I have to say it was the one of the funniest nights I have had in my whole life!

I haven’t done shrooms since then and I haven’t had good acid since then. I hope to change that one day.

Id say start with acid

Its a long trip if things go bad but i find mushroooms to be much more intense and given that my acid loving friend is now afraid of mushrooms stating they were just too strong (although dose was fairly uncertain)

I just find mushy trips to be a lil to real feeling sometimes

Then again we started one girl on her psychedelic journeys with DMT and she loved it.

MagickalKat777 said:
If your shrooms are stronger than your acid, you're getting really bad acid.

I have never done acid by itself... it has always been joined by x with the exception of the fist time on shrooms.

What is good acid like?!?!

Good acid will whack you in the head so hard that you won't remember who you are anymore for the entire trip. This is off just a few (less than 5) hits.

when I was on shrooms and acid.... do you the visuals were caused more by the shrooms or the acid

do they both give the same type of visual effect?

How does acid effect how your body feels?

Sorry for all the questions just curious!

I really want to try good acid all by its self.

Acid tends to overpower most psychedelics.

I find that acid and tryptamines like mushrooms, the mushrooms color the trip but don't override it.

As for the body high... I don't care for the LSD body high... its like an amphetamine rush that doesn't end for hours and it puts me in panic mode (my main reason for not doing LSD anymore).

Back when I used to enjoy LSD though, the body high was like a mild MDMA with a major amphetamine-style rush. That's not the norm though from what I heard and just seems to be my own personal experience.

The thing about acid is that its very forceful. Mushrooms are forceful in high doses but I find LSD to be forceful 100% of the time, no matter the dose. It makes acid a lot edgier.

I've heard though that those that had shrooms first (like me) tend to prefer shrooms over LSD, which is definitely the truth in my case, though I don't care for either lately.

I have been really good lately... finishing up this past sememster in school and all. Now I have a three week break before my classes start up again... so I plan on splurging.

Actually been home rolling tonight! It has been a great experience. Got some tabs with some freinds but they are all planning on taking them this weekend which is bad for me because it is my roommates wedding. I haven't rolled in quite a while so I just decided to take my considering I have only minor commentments in the morning.

Hopefully some shroom fun to come!

I wish I was rolling right now.

I would be... but I don't think rolling while still recovering from lung surgery (left lung collapsed randomly) is a good idea.

psycadelified said:
so what i want to know is what psychadelic you tried first
and what the experience was like when you next tried the other one

had 3 doses of high powered silver liquid LSD my for my fiirst psychedelic experience and it was the most wonderful experience. when i tried shrooms it was a more chilled trip compared to L, the visuals and body buzz were much more tame felt more "natural" in a way. also shrooms didnt give me the incredible mind fuck acid did. for your friends whichover yall decide to trip on is to just do it in a good setting. i think thats most important.

MagickalKat777 said:
I wish I was rolling right now.

I would be... but I don't think rolling while still recovering from lung surgery (left lung collapsed randomly) is a good idea.

Ya sounds like you should take care of yourself first!

Hope you are better soon!

Yah see, you just proved my point, dapurpman.

You did acid first so you think more highly of its effects... but me doing shrooms first, I can tell you that the visuals and the body buzz were a lot more intense... I had DMT-like hallucinations on shrooms a few times whereas I've had lots of neon patterns and things on LSD but nothing near my first mushroom trip where I watched the room literally explode and morph to the point where I couldn't even tell what the cat was until it brushed up against me but I don't get a mind fuck from anything but acid and AMT.

crazyt - Thanks. I'm tryin. But god its hard.

Again I lucked out my first time!

We had an awesome older friend who knew it was my first time doing hard drugs and she kinda wanted to see and keep an eye on us (her motherly instinct) so she just drove us around! All night!

We got so lost in Dallas Texas but none of us cared. We were having the greatest time!