What great band have you just discovered?

^ Listening to this now and am loving it. Agreed on the gif.
Are the first 25 minutes a snooze fest or something?

Listening to the rest of it now.
Do you listen to 65daysofstatic Max? If you've never listened to them I'd recommend the album "One time for all"

Glad you liked it too!

I actually love the song start to finish. I felt like people would think the whole song was like the piano-beginning and wouldn't stick around for 25 minutes so I linked straight to the 'crescendo' much the same way an action movie trailer showcases the biggest explosions.

I have listened to 65daysofstatic but only Heavy Sky. I'll check out the other one, thanks brah.

not just discovered, but only recently have i really delved into their work: ween. i have been listening to their music almost exclusively for about 2 weeks, especially the albums "god ween satan" and "the pod".

not just discovered, but only recently have i really delved into their work: ween. i have been listening to their music almost exclusively for about 2 weeks, especially the albums "god ween satan" and "the pod".

Have you seen them live yet? I saw them in about 2002, then again in 2011. Fantastic both times.

Not a new discovery exactly, but like BigFan w/ Ween, I'm delving into Real Estate's work. I like it, but it sounds pretty uniform - not much variance.

Have you seen them live yet? I saw them in about 2002, then again in 2011. Fantastic both times.

No, they broke up earlier this year :( I have several live performances downloaded, though, and I love those. Damn I wish I could've seen them live.

I just noticed that the OP also discovered ween lol

I just rediscovered a band I saw live once before they had a record deal... Profane Omen. They were clearly pretty new, but their energy, tight groove, and raw Fuck You made an impression on me... Many years later, I YouTubed them after somehow recalling a song that really had me going in the mosh pit, and they've come a long way - pretty awesome, in fact.

I'm not much of a metalhead anymore, and the particular genre they seem to fit into (though not very snugly) was one of my least favorites. On the one hand, they combine a thrash/groove metal with hardcore, but they don't sound as angsty as most of the other bands I would lump into the same kind of wide group. Or maybe it's the nostalgia talking. Either way, my neck hurts from all this headbanging.

Wastehead

Predator

I've recently discovered this cool new band called "Lead Zeppelin". I think these guys are gonna be big.

Laika said:
Do you listen to 65daysofstatic Max?

Pretty awesome...on a similar note, Secheron Peak is fucking rad, laying somewhere near the intersection of 65DaysofStatic and Plaid.

ebola

me too!

saw them live in a pretty small club in sacramento at the weekend. very, very impressed.

alasdair
Built to Spill are awesome. Just recently got into Parenthetical Girls after seeing them live. Like experimental indie pop. They put on an amazing show. And Allo Darlin, pretty cool twee/indie pop group.

Listening to Blackout Beach at the moment and from them also discovered Frog Eyes - two cool bands at once. Very trippy, at least to me.

I don't know if it's because I'm really out of it but I'm really digging Blackout Beach.

Last edited:
I really like the mousey house barns but I have really been into the empowered milk station there grooves are almost too much. I saw them at a little club not that long ago and the fact that they were relatively unknown really impressed me.

^ jimmy kimmel called - he wants his bit back.

alasddair