What great band have you just discovered?

^ Check out Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Explosions In The Sky as well, they are a couple of my fav post rock bands

oh godspeed you black emperor was what started me on the genre initially, and do make say think and explosions in the sky have been well known and often listened to for years. i knew of mogwai also, but never listened to them. my reasoning? their dumb name. yeah stupid, i know.

oh godspeed you black emperor was what started me on the genre initially, and do make say think and explosions in the sky have been well known and often listened to for years. i knew of mogwai also, but never listened to them. my reasoning? their dumb name. yeah stupid, i know.

Whaaaat? lol.
Haven't you ever read their song titles as well? They're goofballs.

^ Yeah, like I'm Jim Morrison I'm Dead among others

i actually consider that one of the greatest song titles ever. beautiful song also. but the whole point being: sometimes i'm a huge idiot.

We Came as Romans - Kinda a mix between Emure (heavy screamo metal type) and I guess ADTR. I'm not so much a fan of ADTR, but I like We Came as Romans... Good stuff.

There are probably better bands to use as analogies but best I could come up with at the moment...

Purity Ring out of Toronto. Fineshrine is an epic song. Sick beats with beautiful melodies and vocals.

They'll be in Seattle September 5th : )

Tune-Yards. I saw a video of them at Coachella and was floored. Amazing.

I've gotta say seeing xiu xiu live was the most weird and awkward thing I have ever seen live. It didn't help that I was on acid and they held the show in a TINY little church room with about 15 people attending.

I've gotta say seeing xiu xiu live was the most weird and awkward thing I have ever seen live. It didn't help that I was on acid and they held the show in a TINY little church room with about 15 people attending.

That gives me a pretty hilarious mental image.

Yeah dude it was not what I was expecting. The room had 4 rows of pews split down the middle, each side could fit 4 people and we came a little late so I was in the second row & my other buddy who was on acid was in the back row. He had never listened to Xiu Xiu before, but I was just trying to find something fun for us to do in the city while he was in town. Their music is weird to begin with, but this must have been a special weird event because the songs were awkward, the way Jaimie looked at everyone from only a few feet away while playing & singing about his "behind being a beehive" & another song where all he did was emotionally repeat "I'M SORRY MOTHER I'M SORRY MOTHER I'M SORRY MOTHER I'M SORRY MOTHER I'M SORRY MOTHER" this will resonate in my mind for a long time.

I remember periodically turning around between songs to look at my friend who was tripping and his eyes were bulged and it was like we were speaking telepathically. We were clearly having the same RIDICULOUS experience going down.

especially if they played their knife play era material. so, apart from that experience, do you enjoy xiu xiu?

My gf has got me into Deer Hunter
At first I figured Bradford Cox was a super strung out junkie or something lol

This song is pretty good
Deerhunter - Helicopter

Oh yeah, Wavves is another one
They seem pretty cool and make bitching surfer psychedelic rock, I guess you could call it

Dude don't forget to check out Atlas Sound then if you love Deerhunter. It's Cox's solo project. The past 3 albums have been awesome.
Same goes for Deerhunter. Work backwards through their discography as it gets weirder the farther back you go.

@xxxyyy - I sort of like them. I guess it depends on the conditions I'm under.