machine shoulder press
dumbbell side raise
dumbbell front raise
cable side raise
upright row
rear delt dumbbell raise
barbell shurg

3x10 each

Yesterday I did my secondary muscle group at the gym. Today I danced to hardstep in my car.

wide grip pulldown
reverse grip pulldown
low row
high row machine
dumbbell row
seated curl
preacher curl
hammer curl

my usual 3x10

Did a run for the first time in a while. Feeling good! Love the post-run buzz. Also looks like my new running shoes & inserts (and rest) has improved my shin splints immensely. :)

yesterday

7-7-7-7
bench press

4 x superset
dumb-bell fly
dumb-bell press

3 x superset
incline dumb-bell fly
incline bench press

incline bench burnout

today

2 supersets
7 right-arm dumb-bell snatch squat
7 burpees
7 left-arm dumb-bell snatch squat
7 burpees

4 supersets
250m row
200m sprint

flat bench press
incline dumbbell bench press
chest press
butterfly machine
cable crossovers
tricep pushdown
rope pushdown
cable kickback

Hitting the crossovers hard to try and get that inner/upper chest development.

I need to take a day or two off. I am feeling a bit over-trained.

^ hey man. long time. good to 'see' you.

i seriously need to get in better shape so i have targetted a 10k on april 1st. i started running on tuesday. today i ran 3m and it did not kill me. just starting out but it feels good...

alasdair

Good job Ali! :)

It's amazing how good it can feel after doing it regularly for a bit. It's still not my favourite exercise, but I do love the post-run euphoria. :)
Are you running anywhere nice, or just your neighborhood (like me)? I envy PI being able to run on mountain-tracks in the wilderness. :|

Edit; today I swam a few laps while the kids splashed around. Great balmy night for it. :)

Last edited:
Hey there folks of Healthy living :)
I really need to start hanging around here a bit im @ the age where i need to get healthy i have had a pretty bad past abuse wise and im in a rut atm where im not eating right and can barley do anything without heavy medication. So diet and exersise are of the upmost importance to me to basicly get better and be here for my kid.... Thats my intro soz didnt see a thread for it.

OT: today i swam for 25 mins, and ran a 200 m cuircit @ good pace. Been shown squats there good to do @ home. im out b4 i start going on again8(

2 hours Ashtanga Vinyasa last night so aching a lil.

3 x 20 PC contraction exercises
45 squats (weighted)
isometrics.

250m row
25 push-ups

as many reps as possible in 20 min. got 11 + 100m row. exhausted.

^ hey man. long time. good to 'see' you.

i seriously need to get in better shape so i have targetted a 10k on april 1st. i started running on tuesday. today i ran 3m and it did not kill me. just starting out but it feels good...

alasdair

3 miles or 3 metres? ;)

Seriously, though, this is great to hear. Distance running will really help you feel a lot better all day. It's really one of those hobbies that's "about the journey, not the destination."

Make sure you take just as good care of yourself in the kitchen, as they work hand-in-hand.

Hope you are well my friend. :)

COTB, I hadn't thought of how lucky I am in a while to live where I do. I will add my ability to run in the woods to my list of gratitude.

Ali Good for you, man. I am doing my first mountain trail 10K on April 14th.

redleader nice to see you back to healthy livin.

4.6 mile trail run in 48 minutes. Personal best.
I haven't done shit all this week so it better be.

^ Thanks! It feels really good to be addicted to this stuff again! :)

I need to take a day or two off. I am feeling a bit over-trained.

F*** this noise. 8)

3x12s on:

ab crunch machine
ab rope crunch
hanging leg raises
oblique cable pulls
torso rotation machine
barbell shrug

I hope I didn't pick something up at the gym, though. My throat's tickling a little bit. I'm in that nervous 'I don't know if I am getting sick' stage.

I hope I didn't pick something up at the gym, though. My throat's tickling a little bit. I'm in that nervous 'I don't know if I am getting sick' stage.
Treat your body well in that you get plenty of sleep (tack on an hour or two to the usual amount you get), eat plenty of wholesome food and keep up good hygiene practices, and you should be okay--I've picked up numerous things over the past couple weeks while people around me are coming down with some serious colds/flues, and the most I've got to date was some sniffles and a stuffy/runny nose. :)

I had a dream I went to the gym. Does that count? It was quite the workout. ;)

Treat your body well in that you get plenty of sleep (tack on an hour or two to the usual amount you get), eat plenty of wholesome food and keep up good hygiene practices, and you should be okay--I've picked up numerous things over the past couple weeks while people around me are coming down with some serious colds/flues, and the most I've got to date was some sniffles and a stuffy/runny nose. :)

I had a dream I went to the gym. Does that count? It was quite the workout. ;)

Having sex with me at the gym isn't a work out. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.