• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twenty minutes on the treadmill
Ten minutes on the stairclimber (holy sheet!)
Fifteen minutes on ... some kind of an elliptical... thing.

^ Are you male or female?
I realized I don't know.

Female.

So, I took a pilates class in high school and the instructor was a woman who was an assistant to the school. They cut her off after a while, saying they needed to charge her for a studio fee so she went elsewhere.

Now, four years later, I've joined a gym near me and was looking at the scheduled classes for today and she's going to be teaching. Guess who's going? :)

Too cold to go up the mountain. I tried two days ago when it was a bit warmer, but the water in my camelbak tube froze, and I couldn't feel my toes so well. My bike shoes just aren't made for such cold =\. I've been walking the dog like normal, but I need to move more. I get grumpy when I spend 6 hours studying and don't move enough..

yeah it's getting cold here in EU huh?!?!

Did 60 squats this morning, working on my isometrics now, didn't exercise at all yesterday, so dips and pushups here we go! I worked out a exercise regime yesterday though for the spring and summer - I'm gonna be doing what the boxers call "Ton Up", and start doing weight training again as soon as it's officially spring weather.

chest/tris...

Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Bench Press
Chest Press Machine
Cable Crossovers
Incline Cable Fly
Tricep Pushdown
Cable Kickback
Dips w/ 20lb belt

3x10 on each. I really wasn't there mentally today, so it was a struggle. But at least I went and got through it.

Seriously, though, tell me if this happens to anybody else or if I am just going mental. You go to the gym, increase your weight on your first exercise, kill it, and then get to your second exercise and you cannot even do what you did the previous workout. All that momentum you had from your first few sets is offset by the failure on the second exercise. Obviously it's just because your muscles took a stronger beating on that first exercise, but of course it's not that easy to just accept that. Even if the 3rd, 4th, ... exercises go okay, it's hard coming back mentally.

sad-smiley-374.gif
God Damn

try dropsets if you want demoralizing, they sure as fuck build mass though

Day four of Michelle Bridges. Still blowing HARD afterwards, but not as sore.

I also did 50 crunches afterwards - I feel I should be working on my core a little more.

Hour of yoga, half hour sparring with my friend, 2 mile cross country run over some pretty rough terrain while wearing 50lb weight vest.

Just got back from climbing up this really cool brick wall, it's actually a huge dam that starts off at a reasonable angle but turns into a vertical face about halfway up. That was a really foolish to do in the darkness, next time I'm bringing my climbing gear. Learned that my new NVG goggles are amazing, and that my knee is still fucked up. Tomorrow, I'm going to utilize my new-found health insurance.
Your night vision goggle goggles are amazing? ;)

^ Wow, pretty sweet deal.

I don't think you caught on to what I was saying though: The acronym "NVG" is "night vision goggles" and it is therefore redundant to say "goggles" after it. :p

^ Heh, have a good night! Enjoy your goggle goggles! They sound like a sweet thing to have when you go wall climbing at night. :)

Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
24 inch Box Jump, 12 reps
95 pound Thruster, 6 reps
6 Bar-facing burpees

did this with my gf. we both got six (though she w/ lighter weight and lower box). really brutal way to spend 12 minutes

Eclectic...

Barbell Shrug
Cable Shrug
Ab Cruch Machine
Rope Crunch
Torso Rotation
Oblique Side Cable
Bent over Cable Raise
Lying Rear Dumbbell Fly

3x10 each

2 hours spent shovelling snow.

30 x "PC breath" contractions

Isometrics.

18:18:20:20:14:14:16: 40 dips.

Leg day...

squat 4x8
front squat 3x8
hack press 3x10
leg press 3x10
leg extension 2x15
hamstring curl 2x15
calf press 3x15
stiff-leg deadlift 3x8

My buddy gave me a sample of a pre-workout/n2o product (MHP - Dark Rage), which actually kicked a lot harder than I was ready for. I had kinda written those off as wastes-of-money, but even if it was placebo, I absolutely killed my workout.

Last night I did another Michelle Bridges routine. My legs aren't aching nearly as much as they were when I first started.

Sit ups and lunges tonight. :)

2 X 20 sets of PC contraction exercises.

Starting other stuff this afternoon, fasted til lunch.

Wait, didn't you say about three months ago that you were around your ideal body weight?

Going to the gym soon... just waiting for the black beans to cook! :)

Well I might have been, but my body composition still wasn't that great. Now I've got some muscle, its just covered in fat. Back then, I was just plain skinny-fat.

yesterday

4 x superset
bicep curls
overhead tricep extension

3 x superset
seated twisting curls
one-hand tricep press

tricep extension burnout (90-80-70-60-50-40-30-20)

3 x superset
preacher curl "21"
dumb-bell arm sprint

today

5-3-2-1-1
deadlift, with each set followed by 10 x 24" unstable box jump

3 x superset
weighted 18" step-up
18" step-up and leap

2000m row

Last edited:
Status