• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What did you do to get off your butt today? vs. "Butt's off the floor!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treat your body well in that you get plenty of sleep (tack on an hour or two to the usual amount you get), eat plenty of wholesome food and keep up good hygiene practices, and you should be okay--I've picked up numerous things over the past couple weeks while people around me are coming down with some serious colds/flues, and the most I've got to date was some sniffles and a stuffy/runny nose. :)

It was either a false alarm or my body actually did fight it off that quick. I got a decent amount of sleep and didn't slack at all with my diet, and (to my pleasant surprise) I woke up feeling perfectly fine.

Made it to the gym this afternoon, though I wasn't really there mentally. But I got through it! :)

Squat
Front Squat
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Hamstring Curl
Calf Press
Stiff-Leg Dumbbell Deadlift

I think I'm about ready to start doing 5x5s on leg day, as my legs are lagging. I bench more than I squat, and that's just backwards. 8(

Laps in the pool by 10 AM !! (dragged in by the girlfriend) but got the heart goin:\

military press 4x6
side dumbbell raise 2x15
dumbbell shoulder press 3x10
upright row 3x10
bent over cable raise 2x15
barbell shrug 3x12
dumbbell shrug 2x15

It was finally warm enough (and snowing!) to go riding again after having to take a week off. It felt and feels so freaking awesome, just goes to show how much of an MTB addict I have become. I just don't feel right if I haven't ridden in a few days. The tired warmness is so satisfying. Sport on HL

^ I remember doing Ab Ripper X through P90X back in high school... Felt like I had a hernia afterward.

After being away from the gym for a week because I was sick, I went and walked up and down hills on the treadmill. Still having difficulty breathing deeply, but hey, it's a start!

I have been on a conference, but finally got into the gym at our resort yesterday. I did a session on the treadmill (running) and a session on the stationary bike (hill climbs) interspersed with sit-ups. Felt a million times better afterwards. :)

7-7-7-7
overhead dumb-bell press (70-75-80-80)

4 supersets
7 x bus-driver
14 x single-hand overhead dumb-bell press (40)

overhead press wrecked me. haven't gone that big in a while.

^ You must be getting pretty big dude.

Deadlift 4x5
Widegrip Pulldown 3x10
Low Row 3x10
Reversegrip PUlldown 3x10
Barbell Curl 4x8
Dumbbell Curl 3x12
Hammer Curl 2x15

Incline Bench Press 4x6
Dumbbell Bench Press 3x10
Cable Crossovers 3x10
Peck Deck 2x15
Tricep Pushdown 3x10
Close-Grip Bench Press 2x15
Cable Kickback 2x15 per side

The weights were my valentine, and boy did they make me sweat <3

^ You must be getting pretty big dude.

appreciate it. you're clearly doing big work too. i'm trying to keep a mix of low-rep/big-weight and high-rep crossfit type stuff, and i'm seeing more gains than i have in the past on either of those regimens by themselves.

yesterday
5-5-3-3-2-1
deadlifts + 10 24" unstable box jumps after each set

then "dumb-bell burpees"
1 push-up, 1 dead-lift, 1 shrug
2 push-ups, 2 dead-lifts, 2 shrugs
same with 3, 4 and 5, never putting down dumbbells

one set with 50's, one with 60's. really tough.

then 800m jog cool-down

2 hours Ashtanga Vinyasa last night so aching a lil.

3 x 20 PC contraction exercises
45 squats (weighted)
isometrics.

Damn Jack. You've got to have quite a bit of practice for sure! I admire your progress and hope to find my own practice advance well.

Last edited:
Arnold press
Warm up 1 x 15 reps
3 sets of 10 reps

Alternate front dumbbell raises
3 sets of 12 reps

Dumbbell rows (Mid Back)
3 sets of 10 reps

Dumbbell stiff legged deadlifts
3 sets of 12 reps

Ab Crunches
4 sets of 15

GM no offense ok but did you really do that much work in ONE DAY?
If so I find it admirable and give you a round of applause.

Of course. That's not even that much, really. Ask anyone here that lifts weights and I'm sure they'd agree that's just an average single-day session. Only took me the hour between when I got out of traffic court and had to go to work.

There are people, a lot of people, that do twice that or more every other day of the week.

The secret is in the explanation, ugly. ;)

Those who explain what they've done seem like they've done more.

Now here's a single day from a routine that I would consider a lot I just plucked off of a lifting forum:

Day 2: press
flat BB bench 3 sets, 4-6 reps
incline BB bench 2 sets, 4-6 reps
cable crossovers 2 drop sets all the way down OR incline cable flyes 2 sets 8-12 reps (i interchange these)
BB military press 3 sets, 4-6 reps
side lateral raises 3 sets, 10-12 reps
weighted dips 3 sets 4-6 reps
skullcrushers 2 sets 6-10 reps

Needless to say, when I read stuff like that it makes me and mine look like a pansy. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.