• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are your views on alcohol

Don't mind a drink here and there, but if it came onto the market today, it'd be banned so fast (not that we should, we saw how that worked out with prohibition). It's only because the booze industry/lobby is so fucking powerful that it is so readily available. Nice social lubricant I guess, but my views almost line up with this, though I do think alcohol is more harmful than what is depicted below:

800px-Rational_harm_assessment_of_drugs_radar_plot.svg.png

Looks like the alcohol and tobacco big boys have had a hand in producing that graph. The physical harm line is only slightly higher for booze and fags than it is for LSD. We all know that is bullshit...

Looks like the alcohol and tobacco big boys have had a hand in producing that graph. The physical harm line is only slightly higher for booze and fags than it is for LSD. We all know that is bullshit...

Totally, it's from wikipedia. Some things are right, others less so. I also think if everything was legal like alcohol, we'd see all of those lines shift in major ways. It's not a fair playing field at all.

Legal poison, nasty ass drug which fits every single criteria for a Class A - which is exactly what it would be if it was discovered today

Personally find anything above a small amount to be a crap high too, although it did a fine job of numbing me the fuck out over a 6 month period many years ago which was needed at the time

I'd smoke more cannabis and drink less if it were an option. Don't like to fill the house my parents live in with cannabis smoke if they are not smokers so I try to be considerate.

You can make Edibles ? Or You can eat hash ? There are smoke free ways to consume cannabis . I don’t understand

You have to bake it in the oven which still stinks up. We just happen to live in a state with an absurd medical program.

believe me I’ve eaten raw cannabis but it’s got to decarb to be active. @the_void

Just flower cannabis and wax or shadder. I just upped a zip and may extract into moonshine. Don’t know yet I still have hemp too

Don't mind a drink here and there, but if it came onto the market today, it'd be banned so fast (not that we should, we saw how that worked out with prohibition). It's only because the booze industry/lobby is so fucking powerful that it is so readily available. Nice social lubricant I guess, but my views almost line up with this, though I do think alcohol is more harmful than what is depicted below:
Its definitely more harmful than that. That graph is laughable. Its probably the most dangerous drug there is due to its legal status and availability. The amount of accidents and sexual abuse associated with it is incredible. Terrible drug.

I struggle with my alcohol (ab)use. And I have for years.
So Im currently on the wagon, again.

I dont think theres any doubt that alcohol is much more harmful (in so many aspects) than most people give it credit for.
What bothers me is that it is so normalized in our culture.

But to each their own....
So long as I get proper drugs without being harassed I see no reason others cant choose to have alcohol lol

Thank fuck those days are over i don't even drink recreationaly anymore whatsoever. In fact the only time I consume alcohol is 1-3mls at a time if its vodka I used to make a solution of potent psychedelics generally phenethylamines from the DOx series. Booze straight destroyed my insides and I wish I could warn my self back then about what was on its way in regards to the pain and suffering from drinking 30oz hard alcohol or better somedays for many, many years. I can't even have a beer now without getting nauseous that and heroin withdrawals did a real number on me 😔
I somwhat recently decided to quit drinking altogether, I kind of echo the sentiment of wanting to explain the consequences to a younger version of oneself.

I hope you're doing well man! Always glad to hear that someone has stopped the habit. It's hard tho, I mean all addictions are in their own way.

Alcohol really leaves some lingering negativity psychologically and emotionally even once you've managed to stop putting it in ya

I don't think alcohol personally has a place in my life anymore. I might politely have some the next time I'm a wedding or a funeral.

a point in the other >

Moderiate daily use is acually healthy, ex. a beer or 2 a day. That is why alcoholism (if you think Darwin had a good point with evolution).

For one thing it is good for one's cardiovascular system.
What I think is that claim has been disproven.

Alcohol at dosage's you wont feel are healthy, but that is about 1.5/ 2 %. Any more is more harmful then beneficial I believe.

I'll search for some back proof. Or admit I am wrong :)

"A couple weeks ago I said these HARSH words about a recent Lancet study & the media coverage where the authors argued more than 5-7 drinks a wk (100g/wk) was too many I took heat"

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/24/17242720/alcohol-health-risks-facts

Last edited:
It is of the worst substances that a person can put in their body. In my opinion, it is second only to the destructive power of Methamphetamine. Alcohol is essentially poison. It tends to affect myriad systems in the body, mainly the kidneys, the pancreas, and the liver. It will age you prematurely. I meet other girls in their late 20's who could easily pass for 45. She had a bottle with her and was drinking on the bus. She ended up getting loud and annoying and tried to start a fight with another girl. This ended up with the drunk lady being asked to get off the bus, meanwhile, all other passengers were having fun making fun of her, roasting her and of course, looking down on her.

This is a true story, but it's also a great analogy of the nature of Alcoholism. You end up alienating everyone. You're drunk and they don't want to listen to your drunken nonsense. You become a burden. The stress of constant Alcoholism upon your body will begin to show. You eventually start hanging out with other drunks, as they're the only ones who might actually want to listen to your nonsense. You end up alone and isolated. The added stress of your situation makes you want a little drink. You keep drinking more and more. You are drinking to relieve the anxiety and depression caused by your own drinking in the first place. Your friends and family cannot tolerate you. You're alone and your only friend will be the bottle.

It's not like this for everyone, but it's a pretty common trope. I saw a guy in the hospital who was having vivid hallucinations from Alcohol withdrawal screaming that he wanted to die. They eventually medicated him after trying to sedate him. Unfortunately, he was already in DT's and about 3 minutes after the shot he immediately reverted to screaming. It was the type of scream that you cannot help feeling for this stranger. In the end, his pancreas quit and he passed away. He had only found out that Alcohol was literally killing him, about 2 weeks before he died. All because of Bud Light, 30 of which he drank every day.

Alcohol is socially accepted, so it's natural for the uneducated to assume that its healthier than using Heroin. Don't get me wrong, if we are actually trying to practice science and not write a sermon, we would conclude that you can live to be 100 on Heroin, possession of which is a crime that could ruin your life. The studies are out. They are peer reviewed. Our system is not working. Our drug protocol is based upon Conservative political nonsense. We already know how to treat addiction, yet we maintain these retarded programs that have been shown to be essentially useless. It's a hard pill to swallow when you eventually find out that drug policy is in the same realm as the "flat earth debate"; based on nothing.

It's a pretty fucking big catch-22 when you say you're trying to help the American people, then you turn around and arrest those very people and start them off with a nice criminal record to ensure that you will never get a good job. They put you in jail. It turns out that you weren't one of the people they were thinking about when speaking of compassion and caring for the public. You're just a junkie and don't deserve rights.

It is of the worst substances that a person can put in their body. In my opinion, it is second only to the destructive power of Methamphetamine. Alcohol is essentially poison. It tends to affect myriad systems in the body, mainly the kidneys, the pancreas, and the liver. It will age you prematurely. I meet other girls in their late 20's who could easily pass for 45. She had a bottle with her and was drinking on the bus. She ended up getting loud and annoying and tried to start a fight with another girl. This ended up with the drunk lady being asked to get off the bus, meanwhile, all other passengers were having fun making fun of her, roasting her and of course, looking down on her.

This is a true story, but it's also a great analogy of the nature of Alcoholism. You end up alienating everyone. You're drunk and they don't want to listen to your drunken nonsense. You become a burden. The stress of constant Alcoholism upon your body will begin to show. You eventually start hanging out with other drunks, as they're the only ones who might actually want to listen to your nonsense. You end up alone and isolated. The added stress of your situation makes you want a little drink. You keep drinking more and more. You are drinking to relieve the anxiety and depression caused by your own drinking in the first place. Your friends and family cannot tolerate you. You're alone and your only friend will be the bottle.

It's not like this for everyone, but it's a pretty common trope. I saw a guy in the hospital who was having vivid hallucinations from Alcohol withdrawal screaming that he wanted to die. They eventually medicated him after trying to sedate him. Unfortunately, he was already in DT's and about 3 minutes after the shot he immediately reverted to screaming. It was the type of scream that you cannot help feeling for this stranger. In the end, his pancreas quit and he passed away. He had only found out that Alcohol was literally killing him, about 2 weeks before he died. All because of Bud Light, 30 of which he drank every day.

Alcohol is socially accepted, so it's natural for the uneducated to assume that its healthier than using Heroin. Don't get me wrong, if we are actually trying to practice science and not write a sermon, we would conclude that you can live to be 100 on Heroin, possession of which is a crime that could ruin your life. The studies are out. They are peer reviewed. Our system is not working. Our drug protocol is based upon Conservative political nonsense. We already know how to treat addiction, yet we maintain these retarded programs that have been shown to be essentially useless. It's a hard pill to swallow when you eventually find out that drug policy is in the same realm as the "flat earth debate"; based on nothing.

It's a pretty fucking big catch-22 when you say you're trying to help the American people, then you turn around and arrest those very people and start them off with a nice criminal record to ensure that you will never get a good job. They put you in jail. It turns out that you weren't one of the people they were thinking about when speaking of compassion and caring for the public. You're just a junkie and don't deserve rights.
Fucking standing ovation from me here, mate, well said.

i couldn't imagine my life without it. well shit i could but i don't want to. there is nothing like coming home to a cold beer after work. or 3. or 12. but no more than 18

Some of us here are to look for wives though. Not me, just some people.
Yo ladies!
Any of yall who wants to hop into a hastily arranged partnership with a
manic-depressive,
faux-goth-wanna-be
overprivledged
pot head
closeted hipster
neon drenched
existentialist clown

Hit me up!

I have shitloads of emotional baggage and no conventional form or employment!

Come roll those dice!

Throw your soul into a
public-laundromat-washing-machine
with mine
and let's see how the colors run

[please don't bother me, I'm just feeling delightfully egotistical rn, much love tho ladies]

[sorry this is worthless off topic rambling with no real contribution to the thread, I'm just in a good mood lately cause I have ceased drinking alcohol lol ]