• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are your views on alcohol

I'm not against alcohol. Some people can have a drink and manage.
Me on the other hand, when I drink I cannot stop.
I think the alcoholism trade is genetic because both my sister, and my father have been huge drinkers. My father not so much anymore but my sister is a huge alcoholic (along with other things). Both of my male cousins are big drinkers too, and have been for years.
My mother on the other hand, will have a drink once in a blue moon, or she might have a craft beer along with her dinner.
I think alcohol effects some people differently, either you drink for the effect or drink for the taste.

It is of the worst substances that a person can put in their body. In my opinion, it is second only to the destructive power of Methamphetamine. Alcohol is essentially poison. It tends to affect myriad systems in the body, mainly the kidneys, the pancreas, and the liver. It will age you prematurely. I meet other girls in their late 20's who could easily pass for 45. She had a bottle with her and was drinking on the bus. She ended up getting loud and annoying and tried to start a fight with another girl. This ended up with the drunk lady being asked to get off the bus, meanwhile, all other passengers were having fun making fun of her, roasting her and of course, looking down on her.
It amazes me how Amphetamine balances out that awful effects described above.

Without stimulant that is the essence of Alcohol intoxication. I always make a fool out of myself by trying to talk straight up drunk. The slurred speech is so bad no person can understand me. But it so obviously indicates you are drunk beyond.

Stim's before (and during) Booze, a little weed and nicotine and I am fine. But in dis pare with 1/2 liter in my stomach, always ends in embarrassment and disappointment.

I like to binge drink 2-3 times per week..

If I let go..and don't mind the price..I can drink up to 17 ounces...in a single day..

Usually the minimum that I drink in a one binge sitting is about a mickey..so that's about 13 shots so to speak..

Its a good back up when you get bored of doing your other drugs and need a mickey or a quart to settle you down for a nice night of binge drinking and listening to drinking songs..

Also when I go to my poker game or games night..I like to drink about a mickey at each day..

I could probably qualify for alcoholics anonymous but the only reason I would ever go would be to meet fellow drinkers...hopefully binge drinkers like my self..

It definitely affects each person differently. I know some people who turn into a completely different person when they have just two drinks. For me I stay exactly the same I just tend to talk a little more. I agree that once you have a small tolerance It can be incredibly euphoric and enjoyable but the awful damage to your body in the meantime is not worth it. I’d rather dabble in opiates from time to time. It truly is poison and that’s why our body tries to excrete it out so quickly.

it should be illegal cos people turn to booze when they can't get other drugs and it's worse than a lot of drugs

I hate it. And always did. There are so much more better things in life. ( To me) imo.

But the really weird thing is. I will have a little drink occasionally. Maybe a shot glass or a little glass of one specific wine only. Not often if I have to make a choice.

The weird thing is, ( like what next ) however.
Ever since I took some gabapentin to TRY to wean from synthetic opoid pillsss. It knocked me for a couple loops and made me so very ill that I just don't bother trying to bother with IT anymore. Anyway, ever since, when I crack open a little bottle of sparkling champagne Cooks or Korbel or some shit AND other types of alcohole for purposes of weaning only ( yes from my fuckin opioids ) I get so sick feeling and it just burns the lining of my stomach so bad on the first gulp that I just give up. I tried a few times already and I can't, I can't do it anymore.

It does have a lot of calories and can make one bloated a lot too. I think it has caused the demise of society quite a bit, when not drinking responsibly. If that's a possibility even. And is definitely responsible for innocent deaths while drinking and driving of uncalled for outrageous amounts of lives.

And to me it is pathetic and stupid and I don't need that kind of dead brain cells and destruction of lobes even.

I know. I am sad !! I just HATE it.

I'd venture to guess that alcohol, like pure ethanol is worse than methamphetamine just as soon as I'd guess than cocaine is more hazardous than methamphetamine

Alcohol is ok if used in moderation. Unfortunately some people abuse alcohol and it can have little or no negative effects on their life. Others can do the same and it cause liver/kidney failure.

Unfortunately we have guidelines that are looked upon as a measure of safety. The naive thinks its ok to drink a 40 of liqor/70cl of spirits in a night.

The naive thinks that ita ok to drink 5 times a week cause society as a whole usually does.

Alcohol is a huge problem that through social traditions and laws is seen as safe and social lubricant.

Quite frankly its a solvent with killing properties that should be compared to most class A drugs (drugs the naive thinks are unsafe to use)

The government is partly responsible for this but why would they ever outlaw something that has so a high profit margin and is accepted by all now. Disgusts me ...

My autie died from alcohol use/she drank daily up until her death. Covid didnt help her drinking problem. She was never as bad as some alcoholics/friends who abused alcohol daily for years.

She died due to kidney failure/sepsis.

Just a reminder to those that are addicted/ abuse alcohol. It is a killer and it will kill you if your not careful.

Peace out

In my earlier years growing, (became allergic to alcohol in 2005), I did enoy a drink.

But mostly always as an accompaniment to other psychoactive compounds.

It has its downfalls for sure the the potential for true physical Addiction and potentially dangerous withdrawals but also its tendency to to blur the senses and mind and to such an extent that people can become mindlessly erratic and hideously violent on occasion without understanding the situation.

Just as an example if if for example everybody who drank alcohol was drinking kava instead I do not believe there would be even 1% of the misunderstanding and violence which occurs as a result of alcohol in society I truly believe that to be a fact.

But hey, ifvJesus said it's okay to drink wine, go ahead.

But he made, allegedly, the CRUCIAL distinction and deciding factor- "Drink to be Merry. Not to be drunk" .

These days, drinking loadsa kava daily, I never miss alcohol in the smartest because it's effectively like the perfect natural and much less toxic but extraordinarily broad range medicinal alternative which I actually prefer the effects of anyway because they leave you with a clear head and control of your emotions and memory.,

R0iXYOM.jpg

Every drug affects different people differently...bla, bla, bla...let's not get too much in the drug determinism...bla, bla, bla...

Having blabbed all that I will give my personal account. Short and simple - alcohol was the only drug that affected me in a way that could lead to me being arrested. I don't know, I can handle lot's off stimulants, even quit several year of buprenorphine maintenance, but alcohol I don't touch. And here I am not talking about withdrawal that is wicked for alcohol, I am talking about getting into fights, ruining the relationships because I insulted people sometimes when I was drunk, driving while drunk and being a hazard on the road. I guess I dont have constitution that can handle alcohol on its own. When I was mixing it with pot I was good. Well, I was asleep faster than I could get very drunk. But alcohol on it's own was the drug on which I did most shameful and most destructive things in my life. If I hadn't quit I wouldn't have my wife. So for me alcohol is most "dangerous" drug that I have used. Overall it was so disrupting, even just for "having a good time during the weekend" that I had to quit. But that's just me and I don't want to copy myself and paste my own experience to the whole world.

Cheers! 🤣