• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are your views on alcohol

When you have a nice little tolerance happening alcohol has some pretty nice euphoria(only spoke of the tolerance because without it booze makes me feel pretty shitty).

But alcohol just turns everyone into complete fuckheads.

Anyone who grew up around alcoholics would agree with me.
Just alcohol indeed turns me into a fuckhead.

Like the OP its the stimulant that balances it out into a workable drug. So my view is exactly that its an add on or it will turn you into a moron.

R0iXYOM.jpg
Haha, 6 steps forwards, 2 steps backwards.

Alcohol has been one drug I've had very little problem with. I've gone into the deep end with most other things I've tried (stims, opioids, dissos) whereas I've never had much problem with alcohol.

I enjoy the way a good drink/beer tastes, I enjoy the effects. It's a great drug for me when used reasonably.

Not keen on it personally. I've seen the bad side of it one too many times.

Arguably you could say that with almost any drug, but alcohol just has a way of making some nice people absolute arseholes. I've never seen anyone pop a pill and become an ass. Maybe that's just me :p

That's also not to dismiss the cool drinkers out there, i'm talking about the minority assholes :p

I am one of those "minority assholes". I admit it. That's the reason I don't drink. But to be honest, opioid dependent user, let's call him "heroin asshole", also behaves rather unpleasant when in withdrawal and in need of cash to buy his dope. That's also not to dismiss the cool opioid users out there who don't behave negatively even when in withdrawal and with no dope or money. Or "cocaine asshole" that needs "just one more hit". Or...you get my point. Every drug can get people to behave badly towards other people or themselves. Somebody will say cannabis. Give somebody high dose off edibles and see what happens. Or when somebody is heavy abuser of cannabis and can't sleep without it. Go and talk to that irritated prick. It's not the drug, it is people. I haven't read the thread but I believe someone must have said this. So I will leave it at that. Peace drug users, let's all just respect each other. 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who gets no euphoria from it

Alcohol is the worst in terms of hangover for me. MDMA is close, since it's depression is longer, but heavy alcohol hangover for me is very hard - intense nausea and headache. But it is very much possible negative effect of alcohol comes from quantity of it and, of course, it is much lighter when drinking less. So, I don't know. Alcohol can cause very heavy intoxication and a lot of other drugs probably can't do that, when consumed in a normal way. On the other hand, we as a culture have so much knowledge and rituals around alcohol, that it's consumption is made safer because of that.

Anyway, what I do is I don't think much about chemical (toxic) effect of drugs (they are light), but pay much more attention to 1) law enforcement (this could kick hard), 2) what I am running away from.

Last edited: