• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are your views on alcohol

ColtDan

Bluelighter
i quite like alcohol, ive been drinking for years. and mixing it with stimulants.

however it is quite a shit drug, and the way people regard it as being fine because its socially acceptable is disconcerting. i don't understand alcoholics tbh, getting addicted to this shit would be the last thing id ever do

I like a few drinks - socailly my dad was alcoholic and it's just a sickness would hate to be addicted to drinking or anything for that matter but a few cold beers and a wine in summer is great - what is it about it you dislike the most the fact that it's so acceptable? or people becoming addicted to it ...its easily accessable and its legal ...

FYI

5 Types of Alcoholics

The young adult subtype accounts for about 32% of U.S. alcoholics. They're young adults who rarely seek help for alcohol dependence. About 24 years old, they became alcoholics by age 20, on average. They drink less frequently than other alcoholics, but they tend to binge drink when they drink. This is the largest subtype.

The young antisocial subtype comprises 21% of U.S. alcoholics. They are 26 years old, on average. More than half have antisocial personality disorder. They tended to start drinking at 15 and became alcoholics by 18 -- earlier than other subtypes. They are more likely to smoke tobacco and pot. The young antisocial subtype and the young adult subtype don't overlap, Moss tells WebMD.

The functional subtype accounts for about
19% of U.S. alcoholics. They're generally middle-aged, working adults who tend to have stable relationships, more education, and higher incomes than other alcoholics. They tend to drink every other day, often consuming five or more drinks on drinking days.

The intermediate familial subtype makes up nearly 19% of U.S. alcoholics. Nearly half have close relatives who are alcoholics. Alcoholics in this subtype typically began drinking by 17 and became alcoholics in their early 30s.

The chronic severe subtype is the rarest subtype, accounting for about 9% of U.S. alcoholics. This subtype mainly includes men, has the highest divorce rate, and frequently includes users of illicit drugs.

Overrated.

It causes some people to become blind to drugs that are both better for your body and more euphoric.

Something I hear all the time is that people don't use marijuana because of how much it mentally retards your thought process and that they choose alcohol over it for this reason. The funny thing is, the people who say that are usually the ones who get way the fuck out of control and "act retarded" after a few drinks.

Certainly overrated, though it will do when sobriety is the other option.

Right. The only time I ever put that toxic shit into my body is when I can't find anything else. I'm not a heavy drug user by any means, but once in a while I get a really intense urge to get fucked up, and my DOCs aren't always kicking around.

It isn't my drug of choice, that's for sure. I've never been a heavy drinker, and I don't think I ever could be.

I think one of the saddest realities of our modern world is that the most popular and socially acceptable drug on the planet is one of the biggest devils in disguise.

I think one of the saddest realities of our modern world is that the most popular and socially acceptable drug on the planet is one of the biggest devils in disguise.

My thoughts exactly! How alcohol can remain legal, while drugs like marijuana are prohibited, is beyond me.

When you have a nice little tolerance happening alcohol has some pretty nice euphoria(only spoke of the tolerance because without it booze makes me feel pretty shitty).

But alcohol just turns everyone into complete fuckheads.

Anyone who grew up around alcoholics would agree with me.

But alcohol just turns everyone into complete fuckheads.

That's generally the case, but I don't think it turns people into fuckheads so much as the disinhibition reveals their true fuckheadedness.

Personally, even when I've drank to the point of blacking out (memory wise, I don't mean unconscious) I'm not at all dickish. But then again, being nice and polite is in my nature... it's not something I do out of some sense of social obligation.

But I agree, it's easily one of the most destructive drugs there is... both socially and health-wise

I love alcohol, its not my first choice but its still a good drug in its own right. Too many drug users hate on alcohol just because it is one of the hardest drugs yet the only legal one.

I like alot , I get drunk almost everyday

probably gonna go buy some 40's for lunch :)

I view alcohol as poison. That's not to say I don't drink it (I drink far more frequently than I would like), but that I prefer other drugs. I will only drink in combination with another drug, namely a stimulant, like the OP said.

Overall, I think alcohol makes people stupid. I know this isn't an alcohol vs. weed thread, but weed definitely makes me more introverted and thoughtful, whereas alcohol simply makes me loud and dumb.

If I want that drunk feeling I prefer to do a bit of K... less toxic and you don't get nauseous with the room spinning around you