• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We Call It Acieeeed!!!!

I can't remember how to use Ableton!!! Fuck sake. My brain just isn't functioning. Cheers for all the tunes. If I can just figure this fucking thing out then I'll be jamming

A good tutorial... you can probably use that to prepare a set with all the crate-digging, love, craft, attention and artistry required to produce an expenses sheet in excel, lol.

I think I prefer the idea of an ableton acid house dj over a beatport top 10 deep house one playing his burnt cds all day long!

Not quite sure what i've done around here for people to think I am a bit of a dick :( Maybe I just haven't been on here long enough or sucked enough dick to be cool!

A good tutorial... you can probably use that to prepare a set with all the crate-digging, love, craft, attention and artistry required to produce an expenses sheet in excel, lol.

Thanks man, I'll have a run through that once I've had some dinner & a J %)

I fired up Ableton & genuinely cannot remember how to do a fucking thing, it's as if I've never seen it before when I've used it a good few times before. Cannae even mind how to set the warp points & shit :\

Edit - Btw, I'm not doing this to try & kid on that I'm a DJ. I'm just making a mix as something to do in my spare time that's a bit more productive than just smoking weed & watching films & for something to listen to while tripping my tits off

ABLETON CAN SUCK MY FUCKING COCK.

I swear it wasn't anywhere near as annoying as this the last time I used it. I can't even get the first downbeat set properly, even using that tutorial, which should be mad simple. Why can't it just work like Traktor??? Traktor will perfectly beatmatch two tracks for me, no hassle whatsoever, the only problem is Traktor then requires me to record the mix live, instead of piecing it together like Ableton, which I can't really do without some sort of hardware other than just my laptop keyboard. Is there anything out there that is somewhere between the two??? Basically, Ableton without all the warp point shite.

Edit - I'm gonna give it another go just using techno tracks & see if that somehow makes it easier.

Just get mashed up and do a continuous 6 hour Fruity Loops set.

Is that still going? I used to spend hours on that...

Fruity Loops is banging! Not tried to get a mac version yet though. Ableton is getting fucking stabbed in a minute, I swear to it.

Hahaha, I got it all proper and paid up for license for full version in about '02 I think, maybe even earlier, but got no idea of my details on it anymore....I think it was a lifetime license for upgrades forever, might have to see if I can get hold of it again, dunno how, don't even know email address or anything from the time.....I got my old HD with it all on, might try n crank that up again one day.....

Or is it just easy enough to download for free now lol?

It's always been easy to download for free. I don't think I've ever paid for software lol.

This Ableton shit can get to fuck. Cheers for all the recommendations of good tunes to put in my mix but my mix isn't fucking happening. iTunes playlist it is haha. All this is going to do is frustrate me to the point that I chuck my laptop out the window, then I'll be sad that I have no laptop. I'd rather have no banging acid mix than no laptop.

Time to roll a joint. I'm actually stressing out my box. Cunts must be wondering what I'm up to with the random shouts of "GET TO FUCK!!!" & "DIE DIE DIE!!!!" coming from my room.

If I can get my wee trigger finger thing back off my mate (& set that up to control eq's, filter, crossfade etc) I might try & do it live in Traktor.

It's always been easy to download for free. I don't think I've ever paid for software lol.

i think when i first got it it was free but not including all the add ons, effects, and you couldn't use all the features properly.

I'm gonna go download another one now.

why not just knock something up in vitrualDJ for an easier attempt pc?

VirtualDJ is just the same as Traktor. I find it a cunt to use with just a mouse & keyboard. I've recorded shitty but listenable mixes before but using an M-Audio Trigger Finger as a controller. I gave my mate a loan of it ages ago though.

Is there not any Mac-specific software that may be decent or at least worth a go? I have no idea. There are loads of Linux ones but have never used them cos I certainly ain't no DJ. Although the one and only time I had a go on someone's decks I mixed Cypress Hill into 808 State beat-perfect. Confused and bemused all who were present. Including myself.

VirtualDJ? is that the best one? I not thought about this, used to dick about on mate's decks years ago, but not had a play round for ages....

I want a free and simple one that can mix mp3's. Any advance on VirtualDJ?

Nice one for startin this thread PTCH <3, think I might have already said that, but yeah, you got me interested again!