Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

We Call It Acieeeed!!!!

parttime crackhead

Bluelighter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoaBj6_5hzo

Right, I need a load of good acid house, acid techno etc tracks. Gonna get Ableton fired up (because I'm shite at proper mixing) & build a banging Acid set for the weekend. Problem is, I'm not too clued up on acid house & wouldn't know where to start apart from the track above. Help me out.

%)

Yas! Glad this thread is flying. Thanks a lot. Keep them coming. Not actually had a chance to listen to any yet, still raping the internet connection with this Ableton download as I appear to have deleted it at some point.

I will soundcloud it once done, but I warn you, it will probably be shit lol. I'm not exactly any good at mixing, even when cheating by using Ableton.

Thanks for startin this thread crackhead, I'd been spending this rainy afternoon with my son building Lego search and rescue vehicles and listening to Hawkwind, we love Hawkwind, but we prefer ACIIIIEDD....

Some acid gets a bit spooky for his 4 year old ears, tells me how fuckin good the music is it can get right into his brain.....

oh, flashback to 1988, lol. bingo, heres one of my favourites, i never did like the obvious ones at the time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga9p4YE3oS0

very very very good tune Machines, hahaha, me and old mate were havin a smoke and a chat yesterday, wondering if we can find a proper old acid party this summer, not an acid party as in fuckin hippies and flouro spandex trousers and shite, but them spankin 303 sounds and relentless beats....

Warp records. Look no further. Actually do cos there are plenty of oldskool (and less oldskool) classics but for more modern acid choons then Warp is your friend. Dicky D. James is the obvious name but Squarepusher has also done some blinding acid tracks. As have most of the artists on Warp (and/or Rephlex).

Where's Your Girlfriend? and Death Fuck Mental Beats are two favourites of mine that leap to mind. But there are plenty to choose from :)

PS: Squarepusher Acid.

Last edited:
model 500 aka juan atkins

this is early detroit techno, but very big in the warehouse parties i used to to go at the time, and a killer track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdSE0N6qbbU

In true Laurent Garnier style .... "Great track, will play for sure"

Liking the Aphex Twin (or whatever he wants to call himself) stuff Shambles (although I can imagine it's gonna be a bastard to mix in to another track). Plenty other crackers mentioned in this thread. Got a list made up, just need to get some decent quality downloads of them, remember how to work Ableton & we're off!

Beat me to the Vibert, Monkey :!

So I'll go with Ceephax Acid Crew. Mmm... squelchy <3

Kate: Was my time too... except it never actually stopped. There's still loads of blinding acid artists releasing new stuff :)

^System 7, Steve Hillage, lol, you ain't wrong, aciiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeed indeed....

I thought crackhead was lookin for acid house, but rereadin it he just wants acid sounds...

Nice track as well that kate <3

CRACKHEED! what you want, acid house, acid tech, old psychedelic trance techno, ahhhhhhh, spaaaaacehopper! what you want!

lol beat me to Ceephax Acid Crew Shambles :p

EDIT>>>>he's Squarepusher's more fun brother ain't he