• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

Most people, atleast here in the US, who are consuming poppy seed tea are buying bags of just the seeds. Some people are buying the pods with seeds inside but I highly doubt they are just using the seeds then disposing of the pods. Most likely they are primarily using the pods and then either disposing of the seeds or saving the seeds for emergencies.

Last edited:
Most people, atleast here in the US, who are consuming poppy seed tea are buying bags of just the seeds. Some people are buying the pods with seeds inside but I highly doubt they are just using the seeds then disposing of the pods. Most likely they are primarily using the pods and then either disposing of the seeds or saving the seeds for emergencies.
Most punjabis just use pods always throw the seeds away there is a reason we do not use them just can't remember

Most punjabis just use pods always throw the seeds away there is a reason we do not use them just can't remember

Perhaps because the seeds themselves don't contain any active alkaloids. The opium latex is contained within the wall of the poppy pod and never normally comes into contact with the seeds. However, the seeds can become coated with latex if the inner wall of the pod is damaged from pest activity, rough handling or being scored too deeply during opium harvest. Because of this, making tea from washing poppy seeds is totally unpredictable dosage wise and best avoided.

Last edited:
I wonder if others have the same kind of experiences with poppy pods. I get a strong body high. My legs feel heavy. But on the mental side, my mind is almost sober.

I've been fantasizing about ordering some seeds lately.

Someone tell me it's a terrible idea. Is there any euphoria at all or it's just incomparable to pharmaceuticals?

I'm in yhe same boat. I have the pods I grew them myself by accident I just dont know what to do but im so interested in trying them. I also have a massive tolerance to opioids already so may effect the way they feel for me.! Let me know how you go on if you do try please!
poppy pod tea gave me one of the most euphoric opiate highs i've ever had
I've been fantasizing about ordering some seeds lately.

Someone tell me it's a terrible idea. Is there any euphoria at all or it's just incomparable to pharmaceuticals?

So,
made my first Poppy seed tea last night. 100gm packet from the supermarket - nothing organic/special - just plain old spice-rack grade. washed with 500ml of hot water, (shook for 5 mins) while shaking, I brewed a normal teabag in 10ml of water. after 5 mins, strained the poppy seeds and combined the two with a dash of milk and sugar. made two cups of tea.
worked perfectly as both an analgesic and a sedative! Great with a couple of scotch-finger biscuits (feel free to substitute with your own Arnotts Favorite!)
the flavor was fine;and quantity was perfect.. I have an opiate tolerance due to using oxycodone almost daily and this was still good enough for me!
I wouldn't even bother with a higher quantity of seeds or a third cup. That being said, in the interests of science, I will be trying other methods - perhaps an iced-tea.
variables I'm working with:
1) product (Purchasing a large batch for product control while trying the various methods/quantities)
2) quantity (both Qty of seeds and also the various ratios of water/seeds when extracting)
3) extraction methods (initially will be a mix and serve with all the liquid consumed, I will move to evaporation reduction, re-crystallization and a/b extraction in the coming weeks)

watch this space for updates!

How did it go? Im new to popoy seeds i have some but don't knoe what to do so I'm interested in how you found the best way!

I'm in yhe same boat. I have the pods I grew them myself by accident I just dont know what to do but im so interested in trying them. I also have a massive tolerance to opioids already so may effect the way they feel for me.! Let me know how you go on if you do try please!

"Grew them myself by accident" LOL. Sorry but that was amazing.

Be careful about pods though! They're incredibly potent and I do know that one pod sometimes can have the potency of 4, and other times 5 pods are just duds and barely have any effect. It's so variable so you don't want to hurt yourself by underestimating them.

I've tried seed tea a couple of years ago and it was miserable. I was so itchy and spaced out and urinating weird colors for an entire week (even though the effects were supposed to be only a day or two). So maybe the seeds I purchased in particular were sour or something? I've never heard anyone having such a terrible reaction to seed tea. The positive effects lasted only 45 minutes or so.

Poppy seeds I had personally removed from dried poppy pods didn't seem to have much of a psychoactive effect when washed. Does it require a special extraction method that the seeds actually get contaminated with alkaloids?

Poppy seeds I had personally removed from dried poppy pods didn't seem to have much of a psychoactive effect when washed. Does it require a special extraction method that the seeds actually get contaminated with alkaloids?

See post #383 above

Am I the only one who thinks that tea made of poppy stems tastes different than tea made of poppy pods? :cool:

Hey guys. I just finished a batch of really good seeds that lasted me 5 days. What is the shortest amount of time using seed tea that you guys have encountered withdrawals? The last time I made tea I drank it every day for a couple weeks and had somewhat mild withdrawals but nothing terrible. I wasn’t on a high dose this time, I just drank enough to get a nice buzz for the past 5 days. I’m hoping the withdrawals won’t be too harsh. What do you guys think?

What's your excuse for needing to buy poppy pods every now and then? Could probably say that "I'm collecting them" or "my mom makes decorations of them" ... :D Too bad there's only one florist here, that carries them. :confused:

Reposting comment from pod thread:

Update: put three medium pods in a coffee grinder (seeds included), steeped them in boiled water (2.5 cups) for 30 minutes, poured all of the liquid into a mug with cheesecloth over it, squeezed cheesecloth into mug, discarded byproduct.

I drank it slowly over the space of about 6 hours.

I can feel it in my system, but no proper effects (other than analgesic - undefeated as per usual).

Positives: I didn't OD lol
Negatives: pods could be bunk; I could need a much higher dose than expected; my method could be off.

Will try again next week.

Reposting comment from pod thread:

Update: put three medium pods in a coffee grinder (seeds included), steeped them in boiled water (2.5 cups) for 30 minutes, poured all of the liquid into a mug with cheesecloth over it, squeezed cheesecloth into mug, discarded byproduct.

I drank it slowly over the space of about 6 hours.

I can feel it in my system, but no proper effects (other than analgesic - undefeated as per usual).

Positives: I didn't OD lol
Negatives: pods could be bunk; I could need a much higher dose than expected; my method could be off.

Will try again next week.
Perhaps you should drink it in one go instead of over 6 hours, also your water to pod ratio is a bit excessive , 3 pods isn't exactly a high dose either unless they are giganthemum strain pods

I think it’s the low dose combined with slow intake.

-GC

I've bought a stovetop pot now. Will try less water + more pods + stovetop method next time.

Do people usually eat the grounds after they've been brewed?