• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[UK Specifically] What are the Laws for Self-Defense if Someone Breaks into your Home??

The laws for self-defense are similar in most commonwealth countries, at least for the UK and Canada (where I am).

Self-defense must be equal to the offense, and not greater. If someone attacks you with their fists, you can't use a knife. If they attack you with a knife, you can't use a gun. This is the case for pre-meditated self-defense, which means, you saw them coming a mile away and had time to think about your reaction. Non-pre-meditated self-defense is when you are caught completely by surprise and you react almost without thinking. In that case, if you grabbed a bat, or a lamp, or a book, or a frying pan and bashed their brains in because they were in your home in the middle of the night, it could be argued that you had no idea what kind of weapon they had and your felt your life was in danger.

Home invasion cases of self-defense tend to go a lot better than just, say, being on the street... because the perp is knowingly putting themselves in grave danger to enter your home and there's no way they just "accidentally" ended up there.

So I would say, don't overthink it. Just have a legal means of self-defense handy, but not a gun because commonwealth countries hate guns, including stun guns. Nobody is going to know just how "hard they fought" when they attacked you. They will have less credibility than you for simply invading your home, assuming they survive.

If you set traps or use weird defenses like insulin syringes, it's going to look like you thought realllly hard about how to kill somebody, instead of just... you grabbed a cast iron frying pan and bashed their head in because "I just reacted because I was so shocked, oh no!"

I envy the US for Castle Law. I think anyone who breaks into your home has forfeited their life, personally, especially in the middle of the night. I'd shoot to kill, if I could, but I live in an impotent country that defends the rights of low lives.

Moronic advice. If the police ever find out that you disposed of the body instead of letting them know, you will go to jail for a long time.

But yeah, regarding the videos you posted, it can be a bit of a dice roll. You can probably get away with stabbing a guy in your house if he isn't fleeing. You can't stab him in the back while he's fleeing. You can't chase him outside of the house and stab him. You can't tie him up and keep him in a sex dungeon. (You might be able to tie him up, as long as you don't do the sex dungeon part)
Arnold said from experience 😂😭

You can get a shotgun fairly easily in the UK, if you don't have a criminal past, mental illness, history of alcoholism or drug use (Admittedly this might be a stumbling block for many in this forum)

But you have to keep it in a safe. which might not be ideal for a self defence situation

You can get a shotgun fairly easily in the UK, if you don't have a criminal past, mental illness, history of alcoholism or drug use (Admittedly this might be a stumbling block for many in this forum)

But you have to keep it in a safe. which might not be ideal for a self defence situation
How and where would someone go to get one?

What are those knives that grandads usually carry its like three in one you got corkscrew a knife... Apparently and this is according to a retired met officer, it's even illegal to carry those

What are those knives that grandads usually carry its like three in one you got corkscrew a knife... Apparently and this is according to a retired met officer, it's even illegal to carry those
Pen knife or Swiss Army knife.
Good if u need to cut a piece of thick string.
Not good for fending off home invaders 🤣

i'd probably recommend sneaking out another exit of the house that the burglars aren't at if possible, but if i remember correctly the OP has some mobility issues so this might not work... sounds pretty scary. i really don't have much to say, but i'd be worried about striking the burglar or pouring bleach in the eyes or something and then them getting upset and want to beat the person whose house it is where as they might just be looking for stuff to steal in the first place if you don't piss them off... tough call.

Pen knife or Swiss Army knife.
Good if u need to cut a piece of thick string.
Not good for fending off home invaders 🤣
Swiss army that's the one 😂

so according to the met you cannot carry one of those...

but apparently according to the gov site you can carry a sharp blade object no more than 3 inches long or something like that...

Swiss army that's the one 😂

so according to the met you cannot carry one of those...

but apparently according to the gov site you can carry a sharp blade object no more than 3 inches long or something like that...
Stanley knife is the one to carry.
1. U can blag why have it on u
2. U could go to town on someone and really do damage with less likelihood of killing then

Mmm 🤔 purchase one of those panic alarms that sends a signal to the emergency service, maybe act asleep even if you are aware of the intruder...I don't know what the stats are, but aren't most home robberies non violent as they are after your valuable loot?

Oooh may I add this reminds me of that movie called panic room with Jodie Foster. Perhaps kit out your bedroom into one safe haven if mobility is an issue

I envy the US for Castle Law. I think anyone who breaks into your home has forfeited their life, personally, especially in the middle of the night. I'd shoot to kill, if I could, but I live in an impotent country that defends the rights of low lives.

When I was living in Ontario Canada with my wife I had been told if someone breaks into our house, especially a minor I would get in trouble if I hurt the guy while trying to protecting myself. I was told to just give them the stuff. Now this is being told to a guy that would not be able to hold back. In the US, the law basically states if someone breaks into your home their only intent is harm you and you may protect yourself without issue That was not so in Canada. Seems like minors get away with a lot in Canada. Whatever the situation you can't hurt a minor.

Now I had a hard time believing that until my friend Olaf in North Bay stated just that. Such a difference between countries. I like the self defense laws. For Canada Foreigner laid it out a lot more clearly.

In Texas I saw a guy get out of a car and shoot the driver in front of them right in front our gas station. The guy that shot the other guy was a customer and got into no trouble at all if I remember, He shot the guy (not to death I don't believe) because he was cheating with his wife. Seems self defense goes a long way in Houston Texas.

Stanley knife is the one to carry.
1. U can blag why have it on u
2. U could go to town on someone and really do damage with less likelihood of killing then
Oh that one, the handyman 😊 yeah swiping that infront of someone could scare them off and could be lethal if gashed across the wrong body part 😩

The laws for self-defense are similar in most commonwealth countries, at least for the UK and Canada (where I am).

Self-defense must be equal to the offense, and not greater. If someone attacks you with their fists, you can't use a knife.
That was my thing, cunts were drunk and high on coke, plus the law can state that if you have the time you should call the useless corrupt pedo wankers sorry cops.

That was the second thing.
One month prison and about 50grand down the drain by a bunch of muppets with not even the reading ability of a six year old child.
Suspended sentence of a year.
Nearly ten years later and I just told a corrupt pig to never ever show her corrupt pedo face here, I've got a fucked finger and didn't have the cs spray on me to spray the other cunt or I would have duffed her up.

Last edited:
How and where would someone go to get one?
Apply for a license, you will probably need a legit reason for having one like being in a shooting club etc

I have no idea how much it costs, I don't have one myself.

A gun license also gives the police the right to search your house at any time without a warrant, which might not be ideal for someone posting on a drug forum.

Clay shooting or if you have hunting permission on a farm you can claim vermin control/hunting.

Depending where you are in the uk, getting a shottie licence can be a big pain the butty.
Not all police forces work equal.

Devon and Cornwall fucked up and they take it out on legal owners

the police fucked up and they take it out on the legit owners

I know off people with depression and other issues who got a shottie and fac license without any problems it's all about being open and communicating with the flo.

Some are morons others are gents.
Once upon a time I used to be an rfd well known to the local plod for going after the pikeys nicking stuff lol.

Moronic advice. If the police ever find out that you disposed of the body instead of letting them know, you will go to jail for a long time.

But yeah, regarding the videos you posted, it can be a bit of a dice roll. You can probably get away with stabbing a guy in your house if he isn't fleeing. You can't stab him in the back while he's fleeing. You can't chase him outside of the house and stab him. You can't tie him up and keep him in a sex dungeon. (You might be able to tie him up, as long as you don't do the sex dungeon part)

I'm 99% sure he was joking lol.

No way would I keep him in my sex dungeon! He might hurt subs I keep down there :(