• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

[UK Specifically] What are the Laws for Self-Defense if Someone Breaks into your Home??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
In the last week there's been three burglaries between my street and the one adjacent. IDK like I wanna be prepared to defend myself, but not get arrested :/
Plus I'm like less than 8 stone so don't exactly have strength on my side.
I'm diabetic and was thinking if I jabbed the person in the neck with an OD of insulin, would that be legally okay? I mean, I'd request an ambulance for them when I called the police, I'm not a sociopath.

In the last week there's been three burglaries between my street and the one adjacent. IDK like I wanna be prepared to defend myself, but not get arrested :/
I'm diabetic and was thinking if I jabbed the person in the neck with an OD of insulin, would that be legally okay? I mean, I'd request an ambulance for them when I called the police, I'm not a sociopath.
I mean, it depends what you mean by 'ok'?

I may think it's ok for example, but LE may not agree :) Ans as for the Geordies? Well who knlows

If you were being robbed in uk, authorities will take a dim view of forced IV insulin to OD levels I would imagine, but I'm no legal eagle and am reasonably wasted

I mean, it depends what you mean by 'ok'?

I may think it's ok for example, but LE may not agree :) Ans as for the Geordies? Well who knlows

If you were being robbed in uk, authorities will take a dim view of forced IV insulin to OD levels I would imagine, but I'm no legal eagle and am reasonably wasted

By "OD" I just mean the s/he would lapse into a hypoglycemic unconsciousness, but it takes 7 hours of having extremely low blood glucose before it does any damage to the body/until brain damage starts. If I could demonstrate that I knew this in court? :/
However, these WOULD be Geordie polis, so they're more likely to be like "Wey aye, son, I'd've kicked his cunt in if it was me" :p

In the US you would be charged with something like aggravated assault because it's poison basically. Probably also get charged with illegally administering a drug.

Just get a cricket bat, a big thick cricket bat, if you really feel for your life pound a couple nails from one side through after you pre-drilled so the bat doesn't split (Yes, I've done something like that before).

And when they come through a door or window give him a good old whacker too or three.

" I'll show you who's a sticky wicket you limey bastard!"

In the US the insulin would get you arrested but poking holes in the bad guy coming through the door. That'll get you a commendation by the police force and all your neighbors will bring you drinks and ask you why you didn't just shoot them.

Shouldn't be invading your home once somebody gets poked full of holes by a cricket bat with nails sticking out of it they tend to forget about what they want to take or who they want to injure.

I highly doubt you're going to be arrested for that and just think about the stories. Nobody will come fuck with you forever.

I'd say there's a fair chance you might get fucked for that. Seems fairly pre meditated. If you just twat them a couple of times with the nearest heavy or sharp object while telling them to fuck off loudly you'll probably be ok as long as you explain that you were in fear for your life.

Be difficult to inject an angry burglar in the neck - he would probably take it off you hold you down and fart in your face.

Rather than fight get a rape alarm or something you can deliver from range if you are small - like ammonia mixed with pepper or curry powder in a washing up liquid bottle. If you were being really wicked you could buy drain cleaner from b&q but that would permanently blind the bastard and make his flesh hang off in strips (I probably would squirt the burgling bastard tho)

But look into how to control fear - a lot of people think they could do something but an adrenaline dump often defeats them before they can do anything in a scary situation - get angry and shout rather than panic, imagine the bastard attacking your dog, anything to stop fear overwhelming you.

I think pretty much anything goes in the house - its if you chase them down the street the po po might dislike it.

Last edited:
People's reactions in these kind of situations can be instinctive reactions. Whether that's fight or flight would depend on many things.

I suspect a court would go relatively easy on any instictive automatic reactions.

There's a video been doing the rounds on social media 'why you shouldnt prank your wife' and in one of the clips the guy hides under a sheet and jumps out at his wife as she gets close, taking her by surprise. You can see that it's her instinctive reaction to punch him, before she's had chance to realise what's going on.

Last edited:
Well I can tell one about how it's here. And the trespasser/burglar action actually has to put you life endanger before you cannot do anything like defend your life. Utter bullshit

From the Crown Prosecution Service, 'Householders and the use of force against intruders':

'Anyone can use reasonable force to protect themselves or others, or to carry out an arrest or to prevent crime. You are not expected to make fine judgments over the level of force you use in the heat of the moment.'

Basically if (God forbid) it happens to you and if you somehow ended up having to explain yourself, your lawyer will be able to argue in your defence that you did whatever you deemed necessary in the heat of the moment. The scumbag who tried it on (again, God forbid) would likely plead guilty upon arrest, even if he had been hurt, and so you'd probably not have to give evidence in court or even get a lawyer.

Based on what you said about being 8 stone, diabetic etc., the CPS and the police would all agree that you were acting in self-defence. The use of insulin might raise an eyebrow or two but read the second sentence quoted and have a look at the article itself to get the full extent of the law on this. If in some kind of ridiculous miscarriage of justice you found yourself having to get a lawyer to explain your actions for you, they would be able to do so and you would not be charged with any crime because you haven't committed one.

And again, burglars who are caught - whether by being fucked up during the action or by being caught later on - will tend to plead guilty due to the evidence and sentencing (judges/magistrates go easier on you if you plead guilty). If they are professional burglars, they are highly unlikely to try and burgle a home when people are in it but if they do, don't try to stab them with insulin unless you are sure that you can disable them as they usually work in teams, at least pairs, and they usually don't want to hurt you - they just want your stuff and we are talking about pros who target properties with high value goods in them such as jewellery. Again, these people are more likely to break into a place when they know that its empty.

What you're talking about is rag-tag hoodlums chancing it and these aren't pros, they are stupid but potentially highly dangerous so be careful, but feel free to fuck 'em up if you can, as much as you can, "in the heat of the moment", not quite making "fine judgements" over the level of "reasonable force" :devilish:.

Last edited:
Be difficult to inject an angry burglar in the neck - he would probably take it off you hold you down and fart in your face.

Don't threaten me with a good time ;)

OHHH. I actually have a t-shirt that says "Don't Bully Me - I'll Cum"...how perfect would it be if I was wearing that at the time lol.

Injecting him anywhere would work, really. It's supposed to be injected into subcutaneous fat (in which case it starts working in about 20 minutes and releases over a similar time) but I have very little fat on my stomach, so I've accidentally injected into the superficial fascia or the external oblique muscle [you know immediately because injecting into the s/c fat has minimal-to-no discomfort, while injecting into the fascia or muscle gives a very sharp sting and burns slightly as you inject the liquid in] and this causes very rapid onset (as little as 1-2 minutes) so if I missed the big vein, it'd still be effective.

With "weapons", you gave to have them along with something that proves their intended use was NOT as a weapon. So like, if you have a big knife, you need a big folk, or if you have a cricket bat, you also have to have a cricket ball.

Ohh, what about hot liquid? A guy on the psych ward one time had been sexually harassing me and I was (well, on a psych ward so not mentally great) on the verge of snapping and then he called a guy I was close to in there a "dirty [n-slur]" and I threw scolding coffee in his face* and didn't get in legal trouble?**

* I also said "worry about your own skin" as I did it and felt like a right badass LOL (I was maybe delusional at the time)
**He was fine, minor burns, and he was wearing glasses so his eyes were safe.

Rather than fight get a rape alarm or something you can deliver from range if you are small - like ammonia mixed with pepper or curry powder in a washing up liquid bottle. If you were being really wicked you could buy drain cleaner from b&q but that would permanently blind the bastard and make his flesh hang off in strips (I probably would squirt the burgling bastard tho)

But look into how to control fear - a lot of people think they could do something but an adrenaline dump often defeats them before they can do anything in a scary situation - get angry and shout rather than panic, imagine the bastard attacking your dog, anything to stop fear overwhelming you.

I think pretty much anything goes in the house - its if you chase them down the street the po po might dislike it.

I'm on a lot of opioids and tranquilizers, I'm always calm as long as I got my pills lol.

I think I *have* drain cleaner under the sink...I have a thing with eyes, though, could never injure anyones eyes (unless it was a very obvious self-defense and I was out of options).

From the Crown Prosecution Service, 'Householders and the use of force against intruders':

'Anyone can use reasonable force to protect themselves or others, or to carry out an arrest or to prevent crime. You are not expected to make fine judgments over the level of force you use in the heat of the moment.'

Basically if (God forbid) it happens to you and if you somehow ended up having to explain yourself, your lawyer will be able to argue in your defence that you did whatever you deemed necessary in the heat of the moment. The scumbag who tried it on (again, God forbid) would likely plead guilty upon arrest, even if he had been hurt, and so you'd probably not have to give evidence in court or even get a lawyer.

Based on what you said about being 8 stone, diabetic etc., the CPS and the police would all agree that you were acting in self-defence. The use of insulin might raise an eyebrow or two but read the second sentence quoted and have a look at the article itself to get the full extent of the law on this. If in some kind of ridiculous miscarriage of justice you found yourself having to get a lawyer to explain your actions for you, they would be able to do so and you would not be charged with any crime because you haven't committed one.

And again, burglars who are caught - whether by being fucked up during the action or by being caught later on - will tend to plead guilty due to the evidence and sentencing (judges/magistrates go easier on you if you plead guilty). If they are professional burglars, they are highly unlikely to try and burgle a home when people are in it but if they do, don't try to stab them with insulin unless you are sure that you can disable them as they usually work in teams, at least pairs, and they usually don't want to hurt you - they just want your stuff and we are talking about pros who target properties with high value goods in them such as jewellery. Again, these people are more likely to break into a place when they know that its empty.

What you're talking about is rag-tag hoodlums chancing it and these aren't pros, they are stupid but potentially highly dangerous so be careful, but feel free to fuck 'em up if you can, as much as you can, "in the heat of the moment", not quite making "fine judgements" over the level of "reasonable force" :devilish:.

Thank you, this is VERY helpful! :)

Not from the UK and ignorant about most laws of the country I'm curreny living (or any other). But as someone who takes tranquilizers and was robbed early this month, I think that much depends on the circumstances. In my case it was five guys total, at least three armed. Though only two made it into my house, I would have gotten away with shoving them down the stairs, or beating them bike and green, or something like that. If one of them died there would have probably be an investigation, but according to my lawyer stepdad not much to be worried about.
The thing in my case is that it was 5 guys and at least one firearm.
Would it have been one guy with a knives, or just his flashlight, things would have been another story.

Would have. Because your reaction will also depend on the situation. And though you might imagine such a scene in detail now, and think you are preparing yourself for the worst case, truth is that you can't possibly now how things will be (if) and neither how you will react.

I'm no shrink or something like that, but having had friends both in the military and law enforcement (the agent type, not the officer type) your best chance is to keep calm and listen, observe, analyze, and DON'T try to be a hero unless you really know what you're doing.
And have in mind that the perpetrators are people with nervous systems, too. You don't want to scare them, or make them unnecessarily nervous, or hype up their mania or something

Not from the UK and ignorant about most laws of the country I'm curreny living (or any other). But as someone who takes tranquilizers and was robbed early this month, I think that much depends on the circumstances. In my case it was five guys total, at least three armed. Though only two made it into my house, I would have gotten away with shoving them down the stairs, or beating them bike and green, or something like that. If one of them died there would have probably be an investigation, but according to my lawyer stepdad not much to be worried about.
The thing in my case is that it was 5 guys and at least one firearm.
Would it have been one guy with a knives, or just his flashlight, things would have been another story.

Would have. Because your reaction will also depend on the situation. And though you might imagine such a scene in detail now, and think you are preparing yourself for the worst case, truth is that you can't possibly now how things will be (if) and neither how you will react.

I'm no shrink or something like that, but having had friends both in the military and law enforcement (the agent type, not the officer type) your best chance is to keep calm and listen, observe, analyze, and DON'T try to be a hero unless you really know what you're doing.
And have in mind that the perpetrators are people with nervous systems, too. You don't want to scare them, or make them unnecessarily nervous, or hype up their mania or something

Yikes! That experience sounds terrifying, glad you came out of it okay!

Hmmmm...how about I go the opposite route and just seduce him/her/them? "ohh nooo! My pants fell off and my big fat juicy dumptruck ass is on full display! *coy look*"

I keep my house very secure. If you're in there without my permission chances are you're no walking out. Fuck em. I'll take my chances.

This country a fucking joke man.

Yeah, I've been raped before so I keep my house super-secure, too. Always make sure all the windows and doors are locked and secure etc, too.