Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Lost

But why Cindy and the two small children, Zack and Emma? Surely there must be some meaning behind their still being present and shown from time to time. Otherwise, they could have easily been just written out of the show by not being shown anymore. No one would have questioned their absence.

Any thoughts?

When was the last time they featured?

^^^

Fjones

The alternate reality, in my mind, is showing what would have been if the island/jacob never played a role in their lives. In that reality, they play out the roles that we see (yes, there are plot holes here, but I guess thats what they're doing regardless).

In the Lockdown episode, Ben says he punched in the code and pressed execute. He said he didn't know what brought the blast doors up, not that he didn't press the button. Locke was messing with the loudspeakers before they came down. A woman was counting down when he go the speakers to produce a clear sound instead of static....I think it was a drill. It was warning about a drill about to be performed, and when she got to one the drill began.

As far as Smokemonsterman not being able to change into anyone but Locke...I think that the body has to die off the island, and be brought onto it. He could turn into Jacks dad (Christian) because Jack was transporting his body back to the States when 815 went down. Then on their return flight Lockes body was in the casket (not Christians), so he could then take the form of Locke.

[spoil]Aaron (Clarie's son) being Jacob reborn is one of my current theories.[/spoil]

or Smokemonsterman...or both...

!!!OR...Jacob is the Aaron born off the island and Smokermonsterman is the Aaron born on...or vice versa

Last edited:
In the Lockdown episode, Ben says he punched in the code and pressed execute. He said he didn't know what brought the blast doors up, not that he didn't press the button.

Yes, but in the later episode "Dave" ( a few episodes later) Ben claimed that he lied about pressing the button and said that he did not actually push it.

It was never made clear when he was tellign the truth and when he wasn't, nor was it made clear if Ben knew the significance of the button and the electromagnetic energy.

I guess it isn't too important.

okay. id have to say that last night's episode was really fantastic! not only did it pretty much answer one of the biggest questions of the series, but nestor carbonell (the guy who plays richard alpert) was terrific in his role.

dont want to give anything away but im really glad we had that episode. this season, to me, is at best the "closure" season of ongoing pissings off for me about unanswered questions and shark jumped scenarios over the past 8 seasons. after last night, i feel an inch better about breaking up with my girlfriend called lost.

^^^
Someone asked that last night. If he isn't, wow.

Nestor Carbonell and Michael Emerson certainly outshine the rest of the cast.

Nestor Carbonell and Michael Emerson certainly outshine the rest of the cast.

Absolutely. Though Terry O'Quinn is definitely a welcome presence. I very much liked that episode, however I'm still worried about where this season is going to end. I like to see that I've been proven right about the Good vs. Evil thing--I think committing to the analogue between Jacob vs. The Man in Black, and the whole God vs. Satan thing isn't worth doing--with the sort of wider implications of Satan's fall from Heaven as the myth goes, Jacob as God, creating man and hoping they do well and go to Heaven, etc--but it's worth considering and is what both of them are saying. I don't really trust either of them, though.

Without a doubt, the three best actors in the series have been Terry O'Quinn, Nestor Carbonell and Michael Emerson.

I am very interested in seeing how this all ends.

Oh man. Am I the only one who wants to hunt down the producers and writers and smash them over the head with a 2 by 4 ???

This is not only the worst episode of LOST ever, it is one of the worst TV episodes PERIOD.

What a complete waste of time during the supposedly climactic final 6 episodes of an compelling story.

i have to say, i really enjoyed it, think it could have been an important framing episode for how the rest of the series goes down.

i have to say, i really enjoyed it, think it could have been an important framing episode for how the rest of the series goes down.

A lot of people seem to have liked it. I have hated the flash sideways from the beginning, so it is no surprised I hated this.

I just don't see the point. People keep saying "They're going to tie it all in together."

Why didn't they just not bother in the first place? The story on the Island is compelling enough. AN entire episode that didn't real with any Island happenings, when there ar only 5 episodes left? BLeeech.

It's because the show is about the characters, not the island. The whole show is about weather or not humans are good or evil, the flash-sideways I think is a way for them to prove what side they are on. I feel like it isn't a real/alternate world but more like a test for all of them to pass. I think that the one that figures it out and does whatever needs to be done in the flash-sideways is going to be the new Jacob.

Of course, I could be wrong. This is just my prediction.

A lot of people seem to have liked it. I have hated the flash sideways from the beginning, so it is no surprised I hated this.

I just don't see the point. People keep saying "They're going to tie it all in together."

Why didn't they just not bother in the first place? The story on the Island is compelling enough. AN entire episode that didn't real with any Island happenings, when there ar only 5 episodes left? BLeeech.

I liked it, and there wa island happenings in it. They showed an obvious link from one reality to the other

What is the link exactly? I am just not "getting" it. I find David Lynch films easier to understand.

I would definitely like it if we could throw around some ideas here as to specifics about how the flash sideways relate to what's going on at he island or vice versa.

Jack has dad issues. In the flash-sideways he has a son that he has issues with him that get resolved.

Sayid can not have Nadia because he is on the Island and she isn't. In the flash-sideways he can't have her because his brother is with her.

Ben is responsible for Alex's death on the Island. In the flash-sideways his actions lead to her college goals "surviving."

Sun and Jin are trying to be together on the island. In the flash-sideways they can't be together because of Sun's father.

Saywer is a conman in the real world but in the flash-sideways he is a cop. Hell, the name of the episode is called re"CON." Like a redo on the con.

I dunno, there are a lot more connections like that and different ones (Jack's son David is playing the same song on the piano that a young Daniel Faraday once played) but I can't remember all of them right now. Check out the website www.lostpedia.org. They have EVERYTHING you wanted to know about LOST with no spoilers.

Finally started to get good.

Also, hehehe:

4503806500_725a91bd25_o.jpg

What is the link exactly? I am just not "getting" it. I find David Lynch films easier to understand.

I would definitely like it if we could throw around some ideas here as to specifics about how the flash sideways relate to what's going on at he island or vice versa.

Did we not watch the same episode? I thought the entire point of that one was to show the bridge between the two realities.

desmond of the flash sideways while trying to rescue i think his name is charlie has a hullicination of when charlie died on the island trying to deleiver the message that the boat that had arrived was not pennys. then later in the episode he sees penny in his mind when hes having an MRI, and has to track her down because he feels like he loves her despite the fact that hes never met her.

then later in the episode daniel fariday(sp) now known as daniel whidmore explains he thinks hes already set off an atomic bomb before which created thieir lifes aka the flash sideways

finally at the end of the episode, desmond of the island becomes aware of his alternate self and completely agrees to help whidmore of the island because of it