Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Lost

I always thought that in that episode it was obvious that desmond traveled to the sidways demension, or at the very least became aware of it.

Eh. So he jumped forward in time to after his death?

I am not saying this is wrong. I am just saying I don't think it's definitely what happened. I'll re-watch the episode though to see if I view the events differently.

In the flash sideways, it was Desmond who started to get everyone together and to remember, yes, but it wasn't without help. It was Charlie who first made sideways Desmond aware that something more was going on when he drove the car into the water and showed him his hand.

Upon further reflection, I think you two are almost certainly correct. The theory does explain Desmond's odd behavior after his electromagnetic exposure. I do think it is a bit odd that it seemed as Charlie was the first person to develop some awareness of the situation in the sideways world, but that is a minor issue.

I also still think that flashing back and forth between the present and the afterlife is a bit much, even considering the already implausible occurrences on the show, but again, it makes for interesting television, so I am okay with it.

^^^
Charlie was the first to notice it because he had a near death experience on the plane when he choked. He then gave Desmond a near death experience in addition to the hand thing.

It does get a bit messy, but with that kind of show I think you just have to give it a little breathing room and enjoy it for what it is.

^^^
Charlie was the first to notice it because he had a near death experience on the plane when he choked. He then gave Desmond a near death experience in addition to the hand thing.

It does get a bit messy, but with that kind of show I think you just have to give it a little breathing room and enjoy it for what it is.

That's a good explanation. I think the ending was fine. For all the complaints, I have yet to hear anyone suggest a way they could have or should have done it differently.

I have no sympathy for people who were unhappy with the way h flash sideways ended. The flash sideways was stupid to begin with. I wanted to see the Island storyline, and every time they cut away to flash sideways scenes during season 6, I said, "Why are they jerking us around with this stupid alternate reality?" And now people are upset because they got jerked around by the flash sideways? Were people expecting an ending that made sense when there were two incompatible realities being shown?

After reading a lot of reactions to the finale the last few days, why do so many feel the need to have everything spelled out in an obvious, perhaps itemized fashion? Broken imagination maybe?
I don't want things spelled out but the Lost writers kept saying everything would be explained well and that was a blatant lie.

Part of the problem with Lost is they changed a lot of things last minute. Apparently the whole time traveling aspect was included very late on and was never meant to be a part of the show. The time travel aspect opened up a lot of plot holes, particularly involving Richard Alpert and him not seeming to recognise or know certain characters despite him seeing them in the past. Other glaring pot holes are Jacob leaving the island despite the last season saying he + MIB can never leave the island. Loads of the original questions were also just replaced with bigger questions.

In the end we basically got its over because its over, ok? 8)

There's no logic in the ending either, really. Was there any point in the the season 5 explosion? It seemed to create the alternate timeline because the plane landed but then we find out that was just a red herring. It was actually a purgatory of sorts which coincided perfectly with Jack dying on the island....hmmm.

I like plenty surreal, mysterious pieces of fictional work but the annoying thing with Lost is they tried to half explain things and the ending was unsatisfactory. It was a weak final scene that made so much of the previous events on the island totally irrelevant.

It was all about the happy moments on the island....oh come on.

PS - worth a read http://geekscape.net/the-top-ten-questions-lost-never-answered.html

That's a good explanation. I think the ending was fine. For all the complaints, I have yet to hear anyone suggest a way they could have or should have done it differently.

I have no sympathy for people who were unhappy with the way h flash sideways ended. The flash sideways was stupid to begin with. I wanted to see the Island storyline, and every time they cut away to flash sideways scenes during season 6, I said, "Why are they jerking us around with this stupid alternate reality?" And now people are upset because they got jerked around by the flash sideways? Were people expecting an ending that made sense when there were two incompatible realities being shown?
Here's an idea, maybe they shouldn't have created the alternate timeline in the first place? As you say, it felt like an irrelevant extra. then this irrelevant extra becomes the focus of the finale...

Here's an idea, maybe they shouldn't have created the alternate timeline in the first place? As you say, it felt like an irrelevant extra. then this irrelevant extra becomes the focus of the finale...

I agree. the second timeline never should have been created.

There's no logic in the ending either, really. Was there any point in the the season 5 explosion? It seemed to create the alternate timeline because the plane landed but then we find out that was just a red herring. It was actually a purgatory of sorts which coincided perfectly with Jack dying on the island....hmmm.

There was a point to the explosion. It brought them back to 2007 time instead of 1977.

It seems that a lot of people assumed that the H-bomb explosion created the alternate timeline in the flash sideways, and now they are unhappy that they were "fooled."

I have three problems with this:

1) It's absurd, even in the context of a show involving time travel. Why would detonating that H-bomb have done what Farraday and Jack hoped it would do? Is there any scientific theory that supports that? No. As Farraday said, "what happened, happened." THAT was their present, so how would obliterating their present undo things form their past? It's nonsense, and there was never any reason to expect otherwise.

2) The producers had said all along that "there was only one timeline" and that they wouldn't burn the viewers by having some sort of ending such as "The island was never real" or "They all died in the original plane crash" or "The Island is all someone's dream" or something like that. Which means the ISland timeline was always the one and only real timeline, which means it should not have been a surprise that the flash sideways was not real.

3) If the H-bomb HAD done what Farraday wanted and had prevented the plane crash in the first place, and the flash sideway was now the reality and the plane arrived safely in LAX, then why did the Island timeline continue? It should cease to exist, at least for the plane crash survivors, since THE PLANE NEVER CRASHED ON THE ISLAND!

Enjoyed the experience of watching the finale but in retrospect I am definitely annoyed at the amount of thing still unanswered and I still feel like this final season was horribly rushed. The main question for me is still the issue with the icy wheel...How did the man in black in supposed roman times build a metal wheel in a well of a temperate climate and somehow make it sub-zero temperatures and have the ability to send the turner of the wheel to the Tunisian Sahara?

That and all the other things like Walt randomly being unimportant, the numbers having no real meaning, the H-bomb doing very little plot wise, the source of Bens millions of dollars, the fact that jacob could leave the island etc etc so many more haha