• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
?

In my opinion Methadone isnt that hard to withdraw from. I have done it, wasnt nearly as bad as Heroin or OxyContin IV.

It is a tie between Heroin and OC.

If I HAD to pick one, it would be Heroin.

dude why do doctors use methadone to detox people if it's WD's are so much worse than other opiates, that seems to me to just be making the process harder. I know people will say less recreational value but why not just use bupe?

Well if you taper off at the clinic, its not the same as stopping abruptly, which I have the feeling the people above meant.
Also, suboxone is relatively new. I feel it is 100x better for detoxification though. Better for maintenance too, if your tolerance isn't ungodly high. Sure it has less recreational value, but if you're looking for recreation, may as well stay on the junk

Oxycodone withdrawl is worse then heroin withdrawl for sure, longer and more shitty I want to die feeling where heroing seems more physical.

buprenorphine withdrawal (from my handful of experiences) proved to be a lot worse than i had expected. maybe not quite as bad as oxycodone / morphine withdrawal , but it was very uncomfortable, very restless and agitated feel. i voted for oxycodone but i think morphine is #1 (tied with heroin) followed by oxycodone in second and bupe/methadone up there close in third.

from what i've read, the shorter the halflife the quicker/less horrible the withdrawal will be (Which is why methadone w/d's are so bad and last 2-3x as long as heroin w/d). so i think that rule applies to bupe as well...

oxy w/d and morphine w/d for me lasted about 4-5 days (the main physical w/d)

bupe w/d doesn't kick in until day #4 or 5 after not taking any, and then starts to be horrible from day #5 to day #10-30. (from what i've read, i always took bupe after day 4, 5, or 6.)

just my thoughts, i could very well be wrong...

but i think bupe w/d's are a lot worse than my doctor thinks they are and worse than most people taking it expect it to be...

my 2c.

Fentanyl still tops it for me. I struggle with withdrawels monthly as i have a nasty way of doing all my 225mcg/g (2x100 1x25) really fast and running out early. It'll make a grown man cry.

i kinda wish PPT wasn't listed... it's mainly morphine with a bit of codeine and obviously the other alkaloids that aren't as dominant... as someone said in another post its the last great thing we have in this frontier or something like that and i thought to myself (not for long if people keep talking about it) but i guess its inevitable, but regardless, i dont think it should be on this list, morphine is listed already and if someone really wanted to vote for PPT they could just do other...

just my worthless three cents.

Ghettotastic_bong said:
Question to everyone who said tea withdrawls are the worst:

Which other opiates have you gone through withdrawl for?

I haven't experienced the withdrawal from Methadone, which anecdotal evidence suggests is the worst. For me, pod withdrawal has been the most unpleasant, but I've only kicked heroin, oxy and hydro. Oxy withdrawal takes second to pods. But I only do about 200mg of oxy a day.

I'm lucky enough to have a regular supply of weak hydros (vikes), xanax and flexeril and depending on what I'm kicking I also get a (big) handful of Perc's and wean down. For pods (grounds and tea), I transfer to oxy then hydros and wean down from there.

Oh lawd, I'm the first person to choose hydromorphone.

Whatever, fuck y'all. HM, ftw.

For me it is Fentanyl. I've heard due to it's short half life, it's only 48 hours of wd. I've read that the more potent the medication + the frequency determines the length of wd. Years ago i had to take 720mg of oxycodone 240 3times a day, orally just to prevent severe fentanyl wd. I take 15mg not mcg of fentanyl a day for a severe pain issue. The wd occurred when I the Dr. was not in town to refill the Rx (30 day Rx). I made it for 5 days. It was mental and benzo's and it was still physical hell. Bone pain, shakes, sweats, nausea, diarrhea. I used benzo's, imodium ad, and nuscle relaxers, and the wd distorted all rational judgement, to uptain opioids. The other wd's I can compair it to is everything but, H and poppy tea

^^^ I feel you on that, I just recently/kinda still am withdrawling from Fent, it's a bitch to kick that's for sure, it's not as long as some opies, but while your kicking, it sucks, I've kicked oxy a few times too, that was shitty but I think for me Fent tops the list, ahhh I can't wait till my pods get here one day!! I guess I'll see how hard it's to kick pods lol, I wish I could get some H. Although that's just another monkey I don't need.

paradoxcycle said:
^I was always surprised to hear people say they were getting high off a partial agonist/antagonist like Nalbuphine, especially with it's ceiling effect. My experience w/ mixed agonist-antagonist opioids has been that they made me feel pretty "crunchy" (not clean feeling, headache, and a weird "out of it" kind of euphoria- I thought to myself: "Wow, I'd rather have some codeine!").
I know EXACTLY what your talking about, bupe doesn't get me high at all, even when I have little to no tolerance, it makes me feel different but no high, the first time I did bupe I ended puking for hours because I kept doing more and more wanting to get high, I would honestly take codiene over bupe.

Worst opiate or -oid to withdraw from

I tried to read most of the posts so if I'm being repetative I'm sorry.
swim has tried every opiate and synthetic opioid from propoxyphene
to H. After chipping around with codeine(phosphate & sulfate);hydro and oxycodone,demerol,banging Knolls D's,etc.,he decided he was going to get his life together.This was around the time they changed Tussionex(it used to be dynamite).It also was around the time of the liberation of Kuwait.Cannot remember date.
Anyways to get life straight joined a methadone clinic.
After 6-7 years was phased to once every 2 weeks,taking home 13 bottles of 140 mgs each.
Swim was wrongfully accused of selling a bottle and was knocked down to coming in twice a week.
He saw his physician and explained the sit-com to him and how it was a lie and also a long drive twice a week.
He put me on m.s. contin,300mg/day.For the first six months
Had the clinic been closer swim would still be on it.The doctor then wrote
30mg/day of diazepam and after one year the urge to do methadone or dolophine was gone(both physically and mentally).
To get to the point the damn methadone gets into your muscles and bones and the jones or withdrawl seems to last forever even if another drug is given.Swim has now been happy with his M.S. for the last seven years.
Methadone is like wearing a ball and chain and IMHO the WORST to come
off from.
The above is oral use only.
If using a rig------ oxymorphone IMHO is the worst.You'd have to know a dr. or nurse personally because the drug only comes in ampules ,suppositories & maybe suckers.Twenty years ago it came in pills until the DEA put an end to it.Sorry this is dragged out but as a new member
got carried away on 1st post or thread.

The Frog said:
Hydrocodone and codiene are easy...a walk in the park compared to those above.

Heroin is the worst that I have experienced...so there...sorry about the rant and long post....

I used to do 400-500 mg codeine a day and i totally agree wih you, withdrawals arent really that bad.

I always thought about doing heroin back in those days and after reading your post i'm glad i never tried it.

Oxy is the harddest for me. Its all sharp and intense. Morphine withdrawl is a dull longing. Oxy withdrawl is a fast heartbeat and INTENSE craving.

no experience with heroin or methadone. morphine was the worst for me. one day i went from several weeks of 60mgs twice a day (sometimes more) to zero. the first night i was puking constantly for hours. when i finally stopped i spent the rest of the night writhing in a cold sweat, concentrating obsessively on hallucinations of bridesmaid and wedding dresses (i was engaged at the time) and thinking absurd thoughts that i couldn't control. i still had 2 30s that i was saving (i didn't realize how bad it was going to get without them), but i puked the first one up because i'd taken it too late. i managed to keep the second one down the next morning and was able to fly back to atlanta from pdx. that was the first of many times and it was the worst. the other times included classic symptoms. has anyone else suffered from morphine withdrawl?

i would say methadone, my friend goes to the clinic and he didnt go for a couple days due to problems with the docs. he went through hell. i would say heroin is the most painful