• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
Jamshyd said:
With codeine, the w/d is surprisingly debilitating as well (not as much as H or Oxy, but still bad), but the problem is that it is everywhere here OTC and cheap as dirt...[/color]

Yea, when you can get high for a dollar and your DOC can be had OTC it really seems retarded to face WD.

Illicit drugs you can make a break with your source or convince yourself its not worth the money anymore.

I've only withdrawn from a mild buprenorphine habit with the aid of speed and and benzos. wasn't too hard nut bad enough to know not get into H or methadone. Voted others because i don't have too much personal experience about the subject.:\

Wding from roxycodone is insane.....I would almost rather die than do that every month (running out of my script 2 weeks early.

Kicked my roxy habit last fall (snorting 150mgs 4 to 5 times a day) and went on a small dose of methadone 40mgs twice a day for 7 months. When I went to drop the methadone in April I literally prayed not to have withdrawls, I don't know how or why but I never went through the hell that most people describe in wding from methadone.

Ofcourse I have since gone back to my great doc and I'm on a smaller dose of roxy AGAIN.....

The worst for me has to be Heroin, I dont think anyone can ever quite put into words how bad it is, Ive done numerous "home detoxes" going cold turkey as well as other methods like being put too sleep (terrible-do not believe their own sites and ads, I was so ill afterwards with no aftercare but one follow up phonecall) now on sub.
Had gear habit since around 15-thats seven years of 5-6 bags of gear a day (twenty bags) and petrified bout coming off the 4mg of sub im on now. If its anything like coming off heroin I really cant cope.

imo sister morphine is one tough bitch,

but then i haven't done methadrone - which i hear is a mother.

Fentanyls for sure. The more potent ones are known to destroy mu opioid receptors by pulling them through the endoplasmatic reticullum. This makes ones tolerance rise almost exponantially, and ofcourse the withdraw from it also much more hellish. I wouldn't be amazed if you can actually die from the withdrawl of stronger fentanyl derivatives.

cosmicdancer said:
imo sister morphine is one tough bitch,

but then i haven't done methadrone - which i hear is a mother.

Methadone is a mother. Trust me, I've been through it because I'm on it and I always run out early for some reason. I've been through withdrawal from lots of opiates and I have to say that methadone is the worst. Really though withdrawal sucks no matter what you are coming off of.

Psych0naut said:
Fentanyls for sure. The more potent ones are known to destroy mu opioid receptors by pulling them through the endoplasmatic reticullum.

seriously? the ER isn't on the surface, do you mean the cell membrane?

maybe its already been mentioned in the thread...

its not on the poll list, but for me its been tramadol. the depression is WAY worse with tramadol when going through withdrawals. as opposed to most opiates, when you are withdrawing its all physical and the depression comes later... with tramadol the deperssion is full blown at the same time as you are physically withdrawing, and it lasts for a couple of months AFTER you are through with the physical part.

Psych0naut said:
Fentanyls for sure. The more potent ones are known to destroy mu opioid receptors by pulling them through the endoplasmatic reticullum. This makes ones tolerance rise almost exponantially, and ofcourse the withdraw from it also much more hellish. I wouldn't be amazed if you can actually die from the withdrawl of stronger fentanyl derivatives.

Im on the beginnings of fent withdrawels, my script ran out early due to theft :(. barley an hour in, so much more physically painful then oxy

It all hurts

Knowing any opiate is a nightmare to kick I stayed away from them generally.. Could use 3 days take 1-2 off then on three.. The past 6 months Ive been shooting dilauda daily my supply is going to be gone in a month.. I dont look forward to it.. Will try to ween myself. In jail I saw a chic drop out, she was on herion.. I heard there is a helper (receipe)here for detox, I would like to try it if anyone can direct me it would be much appreciated. =D %)

Dilaudid is the only opiate I used to the point of withdrawls. I can't compare to anything else, but it was bad enough I stay away from opiates for the most part.

*METHADONE by far. Hands down to this 800lb gorrilla.*
zer0502 said:
full pods.. whole ground material... wide spectrum of alkaloids.
^Oh boy do I definately agree to a certain extent. yes, pod withdrawl is TER-RI-FUCKING-BAL, but it's definately still not nearly as bad as a full blown methadone WD, when the person was on MMT for at least a year at a HIGH ASS dose... shit, even a "low" dose of MMT, like (the common, lol...not..) 30-80mg max.. I was on almost 300mg at one point...275mg for a long while, and that's where i detoxed at...i didnt even titrate down...and no nothing about this is "cool"...in retrospect it was all stupid and sucked ass.,.even just going to the clinic every morning,..but what was done in the past couple years has saved my life. ....>Comming back from a slight tangent...METHADONE is the worst!!!! There will be no further debate about this until you detox off it after being on a "decent"/"hefty"(for your body), for a good year or more...which seriously, dON't DO. Unless you are currently shooting smack or oxyies or whatever opiate(s) daily, and your life depends on it. Methadone is totally worth it then. But then again i digress...if one is really ready to quit using smack, etc...then i think the best way to quit is to simply titrate down on whatever you are on...heroin for example..just to less and less every few days or whatever...doing MMT, (methadone maintinence therapy) is like trying to quit heroin/narcotics, and then when you want to quit methadone (if ever for some), you gotta quit the hardest to quit narcotic out there...hard to quit why? Because it hurts the most and lasts the longest...the withdrawls that is....and by saying "lasts teh longest", i mean, it can last up to (for some) 3weeks...even a little longer...which is of course insaine. So........................
.........Stay ahead of the game while you're at it. Seriously.

-DM

Last edited:
Ungoliath said:
Im on the beginnings of fent withdrawels, my script ran out early due to theft :(. barley an hour in, so much more physically painful then oxy
fent is a different story. i wouldnt and would know in some ways. i don;'t knwo if what that poster said was true about fent pulling the mu receptor through the reticulim, or whatever, ....I don't necessarily doubt it either.,,for one instance, I was on MMT for over a year at a high dose of 275mg a day, along with 16mg a day of clonazepam...After a while I got so sick of the whole methadone routine, the attachment to the clinic, never being able to sleep in on my days off, it fucking up my metabolism SO BAD, along with giving me major water/liquid retention, and generally making me a walking zombie, I switched to suboxone daily 10mg, aka "SMT".
Having done fent (as well as various other "OP's" while on BOTH, I have got to say that fent has a very uncanny ability to break the fuck through methadone and suboxone...(especially important to mention suboxone, since the opiate in it, buprenorphine, is currently THE hardest opiate the "break through", and this is a fack.) Fentanyl, depending of course on the dosage, your own unique body chemistry, and the route/means of administration, just seems to latch onto a good deal of your mu, kappa, and delta's...but sadly only for that "short time", for most fent users i know..who usually smoke or inject that dangerous shit. Taking it orally can EASILLY kill you too, it just depends, like i said earlier, on the dose. And let me tell you, the dose isn't as high as you think it is. WATCH THE FUCK OUT when using fentanyl and it's derivatives, and to be a bigger 'mother', it's precursers too 8)
*This is no joke though. ALWAYS be very cautious and careful when using fentanyl* (I have personally OD'd on it a few times, and one of those times i ended up waking up in the ICU in the hospital like 3 days later after i had just shot the shit into my arm..(I fortunately/unfortunately) had vials of PURE fentanyl citrate. yeah. That wasn't so much of a problem in retrospect i guess. I mean, hell yeah it was a PROBLEM, but in means of why I OD'd. I guess i would of eventually anyways, and it would of probably been my final OD if so. (when i was in the ER, I supposively flatlined twice). I had drank a shot of GBL,=GHB, and was also already high on a good 200mg dose of morphine sulphate. On this particular day i decided to eyeball the amount of GBL to be done. NEVER, EVER DO THIS!!! EVERY single time before, i would use a syringe and draw up an EXACT amount of the liquid and squirt it into a small shot of OJ. I got carried away and started just taking little saps off the can then chugging some juice of some sort. *THIS IS NOT ONLY VERY STUDIP, BUT LIFE THREATENING AND DANGEROUS*...drinking strait GHB/GBL liquid is just as good on the lininings of your insides as drinking paint stripper. Seriously. ALWAYS dilute that shit into some liquid that is normal to ingest.
Sorry for going off on the tangent. Fentanyl is fucking dangerous! :| Methadone has the worst WD imo...but i've never been an every day fent user for a sustained lengthy enough period to WD anything more then mild from it.
Since it has such a short half-life though, i would expect it to be a lot easier in pretty much all aspects then methadone.... the Male Dominat Gorrilla of opiates. :p

For me it was Hydromorphone, Dilauded for the lay person. Morphine comes in second, and oxycodone is third. Dilauded was the only thing to give me severe sweats.

technically methadone since it has the longest half life, making it last longer.