• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
methadone wd took me a whole month to begin to feel normal, and that was with step down doses for a month...the fucking bicycle legs at night are the worst part for me. I have a norco and pod wd to look forward to in about a week to be ready for Summer III semester. Sheeet, guess I'll have to put my "chuck norris" face on for that. Semper Fi

Methadone coz it goes on and on and on... when's it gonna stop. Get me a fucking rope... mental torture is worse than physical torture coz at least with physical torture there's a chance you might die. Methadone is both together.

Fentanyl is by far the worst. It's much shorter acting than all the other opioids like diamorphine or oxycodone, and the first hints of wd already appear after a few hours. It's like Dormicum of the opioids. The shorter it's half-life and duration, the more intense(though also shorter) the withdrawl will be.

Suboxone >>> Methadone

Only expeirenced Oxy and H W/d. Oxy was bearable besides having to change my shirt 3 times a day and using 2 sheets so my sweat didn't stain my mattress. H was just terrible but I attempted cold turkey with only over the counter meds and weed a few times. Worst part about W/d for me is when I try to smoke cigs I just feel like puking. :(

Answer: methadone

true story..i had to kick 3 years of methadone addiction (i was at the clinic dosing at 200+mg a day) in jail with NO detox meds or pot or anything.. i thought i was gonna fucking die..and they would have let me. I had no bond due to probation violation, so i sat in the medical ward, shitting on myself for 2 months.:! :! :!

Psych0naut said:
Fentanyl is by far the worst. It's much shorter acting than all the other opioids like diamorphine or oxycodone, and the first hints of wd already appear after a few hours. It's like Dormicum of the opioids. The shorter it's half-life and duration, the more intense(though also shorter) the withdrawl will be.

I used to do 10mg iv of fent a day.

I had to be hospitalized for wd's when my fiancee found me on the floor, fuck its hell the fire that consumes your body, you cant eat, you feel like death.

Suicidal me, to try to get painkiller when brought to the hospital a 2nd time i drilled a screw through my arm, they lol'd

Auch, I already though I was going through a rough time when having wd's from a 3mg a day IV fent habit ... Kicking 10mg IV a day sounds excruciating!

^
to how much dutch smack does that compare?

I'd say morphine really physical pain (poppy pods)

methadone sucks too though was still sick after 3 weeks!

oh and the most depressing withdrawal is heroin i guess all this stuff correlates to the effects

^^^^ Depends what city you get your smack. I get mine from Rotterdam, that shit is top notch, super dope. I think it(the 3mg Fent a day habit) would probaply compare to half a gram a day of the Dope I'm getting now. But if you compare that to dope from elsewhere, outside the Netherlands, that would be more like one to one and a half gram a day.

This thread scares the shit out of me, I have been on methadone for about 7 years I thought heroin w/d was the worst I experienced. I think its about time for me to get off methadone I think I have been on it way to long.So I have yet to experience the hell methadone is going to put me through :(

opiphoria said:
This thread scares the shit out of me, I have been on methadone for about 7 years I thought heroin w/d was the worst I experienced. I think its about time for me to get off methadone I think I have been on it way to long.So I have yet to experience the hell methadone is going to put me through :(
Switching to bupre and w/ding off of it will be a lot easier.

Bavanai said:
Switching to bupre and w/ding off of it will be a lot easier.
I dont know to much about bup. other than where I can get medicated at. Do you have to be in some stage of w/d before you can start taking it ? or can you start it before your w/d starts ?

No, you have to be in the first stage of withdrawl. Because of the partial agonist/antagonist activity of bupe, you need to be in withdrawl, otherwise you'll get a full blown withdrawl.

Educated guess: Methadone.
Real world experience: Heroin. First opiate I'd ever done, first I got addicted to, first withdrawal I ever went through. Four months of daily H smoking (at least three points - $60 - a day) left me sweating, shivering, awake for days on end, suffering from horrible cramps, restless legs and joint pain.. not to mention the fact that the first two shits off of heroin I took were the most painful of my life - my stool was like fuckin' porcelain, it had hardened so much from the constipation. There were points during my hard, agonizing time on the toilet that I doubted whether or not I would ever be able to pass the rock-hard mound of shit that had formed in my lower intestine.. suicide was becoming an option. :)

(Well, not really, but I sure as hell would've considered it if I had to take even ONE MORE similarly painful shit.)

I hear pod tea is pretty bad too, but when I was drinking it regularly I never had to go through withdrawals.. when I stopped using that, I was still doing Oxycodone on a regular basis, so I managed to avoid the (what I hear are) quite unpleasant poppy pod w/ds.

Has anyone ever withdrawled from Hydromorphone/ dilaudid? If so, is there an experience you can share?