Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also bro you said it yourself a few posts above if I'm not mistaken. You say you function better on lower doses (once you adjust to them, which I agree is fucking torture and really really tough). I could not agree more. When I lower my dose, I get much better pain relief. You would think taking 150mg oxy a day would give you better pain relief than 40mg, but it doesn't work that way. Side effects start setting in, and so does an awful tolerance. The tolerance to me means that the drug takes longer to kick in, the duration of the relief is drastically shortened, and I am left in withdrawal fiending for more. It's just an awful way to live. However, if I take 60mg of heroin a day instead of 300, it is beneficial to me. Dude... I couldn't fucking walk around the block for 2 years before I even considered opiate use, I need that shit. But, there has to be balance. I'm not sure what that means to you, but for me balance is any daily amount of oxycodone or heroin below 100mg - ideally around 50 or 60mg because you are still getting good relief that way, but it's not too too high of a dose.

So, at the moment I am fighting for 60mg heroin a day. I prefer heroin to oxy because I am willing to wait 12 hours for that hit because the hit is just so much better. Withdrawal symptoms disappear in 15 minutes, and the high lasts 6 hours... even longer before I reach withdrawal and need more. However, I am not peaking that whole time and if I chase the high even a handful of times, I lose all my progress. I start hitting withdrawal as soon as 2 hours after I dose the same amount. Dude... that's insane. I went through 3k of opiates in 3 weeks a couple months ago and it is never happening again. This is it for me. It's either get control or seek professional help which I'd rather not do because in my opinion it won't help me, I'll end up long term on subs and be a legal drug addict. Since I need that hit of relief bro, and unfortunately it has to be as strong relief as an insufflated opioid, but there HAS to be balance man. You know this dude I've heard you say it so many times. We both get down to lower doses and despite getting better pain relief, getting high off less, and getting high for longer, we keep making the same fuckin mistake and it's not a forgiving drug man. You make that mistake a couple times all your progress is lost and you feel discouraged because you suffered so much to get there right?

Well, I'm at day 3. First two days were 20mg heroin 8 hours apart so 60mg a day (a very low dose, that is equivalent to 60mg morphine daily or 40mg oxy except sniffing is the way to go unless I want to stick a fuckin needle in my arm which I never have done and NEVER will because that's asking to die in my opinion. It's self mutilation and asking to fucking ruin your life if not kill yourself, whereas sniffing quality diamorphine is very similar to sniffing like an OC40 or OC80 depending on the dose... it's when needles get involved that things get very different). Anyways, I'm just saying I could just as easily be using oxy bro so don't think we can't relate anymore. For example, I have never once come close to overdose since I'm very picky who I get it from and weighing the doses I take. If I was using needles I'm positive I would have overdosed by now, or gotten some sort of IV complication, labelled a problem user, and completely abandoned by my family forever. I will NEVER iv this drug because that's when you make the same horrible mistake again, usually for the last time. It's the nail on the coffin of the opiate user. I can't even afford to use 50mg oxy daily so I found an excellent connection for top quality H which I only ever sniff.

So today, I am not even going to do 60mg. I am going to do two 20mg doses spread 12 hours apart. This is just an experiment, tomorrow I'm going back to 60mg because that is so much progress anyway. I just know I can do it for one day so I am. Now, I'm really hoping I don't vomit, dry heave, or shit myself since those are my worst withdrawal symptoms and they are HELL. I asked around about this and I was told it is the withdrawal progressing since this never happened to me in the past. I had a lot of miserable symptoms but never hardcore puking, dry heaving, that stuff.

I think I'll be fine but I could really use some encouragement. I am getting a gram in the next day or two and I will have a lot more H then. This means the opportunity to use more but I HAVE TO REMIND MYSELF how easily I can blow through that gram. The thing is a gram is such a small amount that I will see it disappearing. I need to stick with 20mg every 8 hours when I get it. I NEED TO. It is seriously accomplish what I set out to do this time, or seek professional help which would FUCKING SUCK. And if I use it responsibly like I have the last 2 days and today, that gram will last me over 2 weeks. I will get excellent highs off very low 20mg doses too that last for a full 6 hours like they should. At that point I will have my percocet to fall back on and I'll start using oxy again in a couple weeks, continuing my taper but staying at the same dose (60mg oxy a day... which means I'll still need to supplement a little heroin that month... because I'm taking it slower this time, I'm not going to 40mg daily because I'll get extreme PAWS, freak out mentally and relapse in full). I am taking it slow and I'll be using 60mg a day of either oxy or heroin (probably 80mg oxy because the oxy I get is such shit quality tamper proofed or whatev) for the foreseeable future. Probably all year. It's still a huge improvement to be well under 100mg.

I'm already feeling better today. I actually had the energy to do something - I've been playing guitar for a few hours and recorded a couple things that I liked. I am sick as fuck but I know I can do it this time. So long as I avoid making that mistake because just once is all it takes at this point. Well into the future, I'll be able to get away with taking more on a stressful work day or shit like that but that is months from now, that is not now. If I do that even once now I'm just fucking myself.

Man we are around the same dose. 60mg of my heroin, I'd gladly trade for 105mg oxy/day if it wasn't percocet with apap or tamper-proof. Anyways, my withdrawals have been brutal this time because I was using sometimes 2 or 300 milligrams a day this year. The amount I am using seems like I am hardly using at all. It sucks. I like that I use once every 8 hours on a schedule because I never get too sick that I freak out like when I was in cold turkey, I was looking at the time seeing when I could get a fix again and then I went completely crazy with the drugs once I had a chance to use them again. So, that simply doesn't work for me I avoid that at all costs.
And yeah dude sometimes I just like to read through the old posts from last year, I was in a better place then. I was still seeing my girlfriend on and off but now that I haven't heard from her all year it has been devastating to me. It is what I think about a lot when I'm not using or haven't for a while and makes me want to use right away but I might have found someone new finally.
Watch the tylenol because I think the max safe daily dose for liver is 4 grams. Yesterday was my second day of doing this but my spine was killing me. It hurt so bad in my original pain place, much worse than the other withdrawal symptoms. I had lower pain in my spine too when it is normally mid-spine only. I know studies show that the pain can spread because it maps to the brain kind of side by side so if the neurons fire for long enough, say you have pain in your lower arm it might travel to your upper arm as phantom pain because the cells are beside the messed up ones that are constantly sending pain signals and I guess they are like F this and send them to nearby neurons and then you experience a spread in the pain. I hope that doesn't happen to me and there is that opioid condition to worry about too.... where people who quit end up experiencing more pain than the average person. Like, even taking a shower can hurt apparently.

I am getting up there, it has been half a decade and I think anything over 2 or 3 years you are pretty much screwed for life. Always a chance of relapse, post-acute problems etc. I have a habit of taking amphetamines in withdrawal because without them there are times when I could never see it through. I still managed to sleep last night taking a lot of melatonin and I woke up at 10 when I usually dose at 8am so this day should be easier. If it doesn't start getting better soon I'll raise my dose a bit. I am getting high off this amount which means I could probably get reasonably high off 3 percocets again. I'll probably switch to 30 milligrams every 12 hours once I am used to this because what I'm really trying to cut out is compulsive high frequency dosing. Or I might fall off the wagon and start using 100mg a day again at least, then my gram won't last 2 weeks it will last a week or less, and I will be searching for another. So fuck that because if I make it last 2 weeks then I'll have my new script and I can switch to oxy. It's a good chance for me to cut back and the amount I'm using presently doesn't both me. I'm not getting as many side effects and I am feeling the hits a lot better, eventually the hits will become much more longer lasting as well. I find with high dose or frequent use the doses do not last long. They take longer to kick in, and I get like an hour or 2 of relief. If I am using less H or oxy then the relief will last maybe 4 hours and I will not think about more until at least the 6th hour. It is much better to take less but I have this fiend thing going on that has to stop.
Amphetamines are oddly mild painkillers. I find it better to use those instead of taking more than I was intending to, because they don't have a withdrawal nor do they interfere with the taper very much. I can get really tired for a while if I use them too much, but for the first few days of withdrawal for me anyway, amphetamines are extremely useful. When I can't take the pain anymore and am thinking of dosing drugs that I either don't have and/or shouldn't be using more of anyway, I'll take an amphetamine instead and it helps see me through until I can dose again.
It was nice to wake up so long past my dose time and I didn't have the chance to feel sick as I never really wake up all that sick unless it's been like a really long time since I used. I guess since my body is still waking up, there is a short period of time where I can dose and avoid that feeling and this morning there hasn't been any pain. I think that it will be a much better day than yesterday. Since it is the third day, if I make it through today I will probably keep going with it. Since that means I've been through the worst of it and start getting accustomed to this new way of more controlled using.

I just want to see all 3 of us succeed squeaky me you and pokemama we set out together and we will get off this shit or find what works for us. For me, it's going to be my prescribed dose as I've realized my doctor is actually smart not to script me anymore than he has. Once I get used to not insufflating my drugs for a faster effect and better high, I'll switch back to oxy completely and I'll just take my shit as prescribed. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS. I am not powerless over my addiction or any of that shit. I am capable of analytical thought, self control, and adjusting my actions while keeping the future in mind. This is the end of the line for me though. I'm getting old to be fuckin around with heroin and if I can't beat it this time I'm gonna be forced to look into subs or some shit. I will prevail.

By the way dude, my tolerance is down even on the 3rd day. It's totally worth it if you can find the time to suffer and be useless for a couple days. You know this though. I am not telling you anything you do not already know because you are an opiate addict just like me. Of course you know these things but sometimes a reminder is helpful man. I just want to see you succeed dude. Fuck whatever surgeries you had. You know the drugs work better for pain when you don't abuse them. I know this too. But we keep fucking up. We should make a pact to seriously just fucking taper man. That's what works best for me and I think it's what works best for you too dude because we are both very emotionally unstable. So cold turkey is out of the question when you're mentally ill like this. It could lead to suicide... the first day I did this, I had suicidal ideation all day long and I was crying non-stop. This is the kind of shit that separates the boys from the men bro. You can't give in to abusing this drug. And I know I'm a hypocrite for saying this because I'm a full blown heroin addict on day 3. Not much. But I'm still trying.

Wow this is a long thread! Which is great. Wish I had time to read it but I generally only get wifi when I'm at the clinic... I'm 8 days off which is a good space (better than day 3 or 4!) but I go thru this cycle almost every month for the last 7 years or so. At one time I was on 30mg IR 6x daily. Now I'm at 15mg 3x daily & it's not enough. It's never enough & I'm so sick of being so sick & hurting every 2-3 weeks... Glad I finally recently registered here as I am a long time reader, especially back when I was on a higher dose & lots of other meds. Doctors aren't too liberal anymore... Anyway, I'm glad there's support here.

Good luck day 8 is great. I find it takes me 10 days to begin experiencing pleasure again, you should notice a huge improvement in the coming days (but also cravings).

Day 3 is fucking hell and I just lowered my dose again. I can't cold turkey so I'm taking a small dose every 12 hours but I dropped my dose by 75%. All it's doing is keeping my from shitting myself and puking and dry heaving all day. Cold turkey is too much for me. I still have horrific withdrawals at the moment but the worst part is needing to do stuff and being completely debilitated cause I was dumb enough to fuck my brain up and make it need a very expensive drug. I really hope i can make it that far again. In 3 hours I get to take my taper dose on schedule but I'm in serious hell. I find solace knowing that I can't stop time from moving forward. I will not suffer forever and I should keep it up because I am massively dropping my habit.

I agree, doctors are no longer liberal like they were when I started pain management. This is pretty much what led me to the decision to do heroin. I'm not blaming anyone, but the amount of opiates I was getting did not reflect the level of physical agony I was in AT ALL. And, no other treatments worked at all either (physio, chiro, acupuncture, chinese cupping, massage therapy) - I was sick of wasting money on those so I started doing dope full time. Now I'm sick of spending tens of thousands of dollars on illicit opiates every year. At first it was really cheap but then I got a massive tolerance. Let's just say I liked it a lot more than oxy, and I fucked my life up over 5 years. It has to stop.

Need help getting off opiates

Hey everyone I just started using again over some family stuff to help me forget. Yes I know stupid!! I started out with hydro morphs the yellow capsules crushing them and smoking them cause one lasted 3 days. Then got oxy 80s and could do 1 in a day then back to the hydros. Now I'm doing at least a yellow a day maybe a bit more. But I need to stop bigtime. But I need to stop so nobody knows I was on them in the first place. I will give u the lowdown as to why. I was locked up in prison for 8 years finally met the love of my life after getting out she's straight works hard is just great. But she has no idea I have been using and will leave me for sure if she does. Also I'm still on parole. Ya I know foolish man. I don't get piss tests anymore cause I was so good for over a year till my family problems. If my P.O finds out I'm going back for 2 years till its done and will lose everything . If I go back and lose it all again I don't think I will want to live through it. I survived 8 years of hell only cause I swore my life would get better and I would be a better person. Turns out I'm still the same loser I always was. But now I'm asking a forum of complete strangers for help. You guys r my last hope I don't know what else to do. I was on opiates for ten years really bad so I know the costs of it. But I still got myself mixed back up cause of family shit. I'm an idiot and weak but I'm here begging for advise because I don't want to get to deep and don't want to lose my girl. So if anyone has anyway that I can get the hell of this shit but still look and act normal please please help me. I have nowhere else to turn.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am likely going to have to cease my taper. In fact, I am going to be going in the opposite direction towards IV use. It's just that I believe something happened, in which I simply can't handle. I'll be doing my shots tomorrow once I make sure of it. I would be too tormented to continue sniffing my dope, and I'd have no trouble sticking a needle in my arm if this was the case. For once in my life, I truly believe my suffering has reached a level in which I don't even care if I shoot myself up with this shit because I don't care if and when I die young. There's a chance I could be okay and keep sniffing my dope. A very, very small chance.

ShroomySatori
Thanks. Man I hope you can hang in & go the best route possible. Got my script today & counting the hours 72 maybe 96... I've gone other routes myself but luckily for me I guess it went deadly quickly so I've been able to obstain for the most part simply cuz I don't have access. If I did... Well best I don't entertain the thought. Best wishes for you especially on that very small chance & nice to meet you

circumstances, I am likely going to have to cease my taper. In fact, I am going to be going in the opposite direction towards IV use. It's just that I believe something happened, in which I simply can't handle. I'll be doing my shots tomorrow once I make sure of it. I would be too tormented to continue sniffing my dope, and I'd have no trouble sticking a needle in my arm if this was the case. For once in my life, I truly believe my suffering has reached a level in which I don't even care if I shoot myself up with this shit because I don't care if and when I die young. There's a chance I could be okay and keep sniffing my dope. A very, very small chance.[/QUOTE]

Can't figure out how to subscribe so posting... Sorry im new register. Have it set up right now but can't figure out how to backtrack.

Man that sucks. Sorry. So there is an herb called Rhodiola I've seen work for people long-term. Skullcap is a good for short-term withdrawal. Worth trying if you can. Helped me when I could afford it personally too; as well as medicinal mushrooms like reishi. Try to forgive yourself & give yourself a break. Everyone falls short. Indeed you do have to step up & try your best for what you want. Don't throw it away if you can help it. Take Care. Blessings.

Thanks and nice to meet you too. Well, I am relying on getting a gram today to continue my taper. I'll know within the hour if I can get it. Otherwise I have 10 fucking milligrams for the whole day into tomorrow and I can't handle it I really can't. I'll be puking and all that. I seriously need it I'm already sick. I have all my IV supplies out in case I have to get by on 10 milligrams just to get a bit more relief. If I get my gram I'll keep sniffing it but I don't know if it's available to me today and I need it right now. I just hope so much that I get it because if I don't, I will so unbearably that when I get it potentially tomorrow, I will have suffered to such an extent that I will sniff 100mg right off the bat just to fuck off from this nonsense suffering. I really need that shit to continue my taper. Hopefully it works out. I like Skullcap tea but never tried it for withdrawal. I'm too sick to leave my place so if I can't get a gram today I won't be able to get anything useful. I'm just hoping that I get it because then my mood would instantly change and I'd be happy and optimistic and productive the rest of the week,

Yeah... so I couldn't get my opiates today. This is shit for me. It means for one I have to shoot the 10 milligrams I have left, and it means I will be completely fucked out of my mind for at least 24 hours. I wish I was fucking dead. I took 10mg klonopin and now 2ml ghb and I'm thinking of taking the entire bottle of ghb and putting myself out of my misery You would think after almost a week of detoxing I'd be feeling at least a little better but no.

Last edited:
Fuck. I'm so sorry. Praying its a good one & lasts you thru... hopefully tomorrow you will have what you need. Pharmacy told me I could fill my script tomorrow which is either a miracle or a mistake. We have some major things in common: I am dealing with PTSD, BPD, anxiety disorders, & chronic pain, back problem. I've been on prescribed oxy for 7 years... I'd been clean for 5 years and working as an herbalist until my brother shot his face off (he recently wrote me off permanently in worst ways possible & it's the most bullshit I've ever had which is saying a lot, I'm devastated) & somehow I hurt my back around the same time I have no idea how, came in from a break trying to help him talk over the phone. I was in SF & he TN. It was like a lightening bolt hit my spine & I hit the floor. Anyway... I wish I could provide some kind of solace. I'm sorry & I care you feel like shit & I'm genuinely praying you get what you need & feel ok... Thanks for being my first friend on here. Means a lot. Sorry if I should of made this a PM.

Hey everyone I just started using again over some family stuff to help me forget. Yes I know stupid!! I started out with hydro morphs the yellow capsules crushing them and smoking them cause one lasted 3 days. Then got oxy 80s and could do 1 in a day then back to the hydros. Now I'm doing at least a yellow a day maybe a bit more. But I need to stop bigtime. But I need to stop so nobody knows I was on them in the first place. I will give u the lowdown as to why. I was locked up in prison for 8 years finally met the love of my life after getting out she's straight works hard is just great. But she has no idea I have been using and will leave me for sure if she does. Also I'm still on parole. Ya I know foolish man. I don't get piss tests anymore cause I was so good for over a year till my family problems. If my P.O finds out I'm going back for 2 years till its done and will lose everything . If I go back and lose it all again I don't think I will want to live through it. I survived 8 years of hell only cause I swore my life would get better and I would be a better person. Turns out I'm still the same loser I always was. But now I'm asking a forum of complete strangers for help. You guys r my last hope I don't know what else to do. I was on opiates for ten years really bad so I know the costs of it. But I still got myself mixed back up cause of family shit. I'm an idiot and weak but I'm here begging for advise because I don't want to get to deep and don't want to lose my girl. So if anyone has anyway that I can get the hell of this shit but still look and act normal please please help me. I have nowhere else to turn.

Welcome DONTHATE! So happy to see you here on BL! I am the person that started this tapering thread. I failed at multiply attempts to taper, so I jumped off all opiates, and actually all mind altering substances and have over 70 days clean and feel awesome most of the time. I mean, life is still life, but i am not being controlled by need to sniff my crushed up pills all day long... it is an awesome feeling! You are welcome to start your own thread on The Dark Side or go over to Sober Living if you want to get clean. It sounds like you want to be clean s you have a lot to lose right now.... we are here to help! Good luck and keep posting!

Welcome DONTHATE.
If you really want to quit........ Tapering sucks worse than cold turkey, and it takes way longer. If you can, I recommend cutting yourself off from wherever you get your pills, flush EVERYTHING you still have down the toilet, and just excuse your sickness for the next two weeks by telling everyone you must have caught the flu. You can probably live through work on day one, and by day 8 you'll be able to return to work just a little exhausted. The flu excuse gets you a pass on family obligations, work, and generally being an ass because your whole life hurts for a week. Just make sure to hydrate A LOT beforehand incase you're nauseous and get something for sleep- insomnia is murder when in wd's.

I use the flu excuse frequently, but everyone is different. Cold turkey makes me temporarily suicidal, whereas cutting down to a low dose is the only way I've ever seen progress. I cannot imagine going through cold turkey. I did one day of it just the other day, and it ruined the taper schedule I had going on because I suffered so much I needed more relief than usual today. I really freaked out and I even shot up the day I went cold turkey because I only had 10 milligrams left and I was terrified of cold turkey. It allowed me to have 6 hours of relief from a 10mg dose I normally wouldn't have even felt, and yeah then the next day (yesterday I guess... it's past midnight now) I sniffed twice as much as I have been lately. My health went to shit that day, I couldn't eat and was bedridden. Whereas the breaks I get tapering allow me to take care of personal hygiene, have a meal, maybe exercise a bit, just get a tin bit of relief and that's what keeps me going. My dose cut this past week has been around 75%. I'm getting back on track tomorrow, I never plan on shooting it again. I prefer the high from sniffing hands down but I needed to try and keep myself away from that monster of cold turkey. I think there comes a point after a while that the addiction becomes unbearable to go cold turkey from. I have been reasonably successful tapering lately and I had a perfect track record until I went cold turkey for a day, not by choice. Then all that bullshit happened and I have to get back on track again. It shouldn't be too hard though because I've already been at it a solid week. I have been using 60mg of H a day, and then zero over a period of 24 hours. I used GHB to knock myself out at night which actually allowed me to sleep for several hours. It was surprising how well it helped me get through the extreme suffering. Anyways, I'm back on track.

Glad to hear you're back on track Shroomi, and thanks again for finding my old post. It reminded me that I need to get back to a lower dose.
I'm down to 90mg oxy / day. I had been averaging 150, sometimes up to 210. Took about 6 weeks to get here. I might make it to 75/day this weekend. There was a BIG hump to cross at around 110mg/day. Dropping to 75 right now sounds pretty doable right now. It has been a miserable ride. I really hate lying to my family about how much I'm taking. Yesterday I took my prescribed dose for the first time in two months.

One day of cold turkey withdrawal ruined my most recent attempt. I went so crazy during that day that I shot up the last 10mg I had which I think I mentioned but I had never shot anything before, I'm telling ya cold turkey drives me fucking crazy. Then when I got my H back, I was no longer on a strict 8 hour 3x daily schedule. I used to no avail for a day and used over 4 times as much as I was during that taper. It was horrible because if I had the dope I would have happily kept going with the schedule.

So that's what I am doing now. Trying to get back to where I was earlier in this week as I was doing awesome. That means I can't dose for another 4 hours, which is fine. I'm starting to get a lot more used to be in withdrawal. Cold turkey ruins everything for me because the moment I get my hands on anything I take really heavy doses of it out of desperation. I was in the middle of a controlled taper before one fucking day where I ran out of drugs ruined it. Now I have to essentially start over.

Congrats on taking your prescribed dose but be careful if you are anything like me a dose too low will have you giving up entirely. That day of 0 milligrams was nothing at all to be proud of, I completely freaked out and then abused the shit out of the drugs to the point I can't even really remember what happened. It's what I needed to do to play catchup with my health. I got some exercise in and ran some errands but overall I should have taken less, I was just so desperate for a hit.

ShroomySatori: so glad to hear you're on track!!

It's day two of having my oxy & already off schedule... Hoping I can have the fortitude to take less. A couple days of being able to function, feeling good having some adequate pain relief, etc. turns into a habit of consistently taking enough of an amount to have these things, & it sets me up quickly to fall very short in the end. Always excusing myself to pay the piper later. I'm already at a place where I think my best chance is going down over the next few days & making up the difference at the end of the month. Problem is if I tell myself this everyday that's how I end up totally screwed & forced to go cold turkey & without for a lengthy amount of time... If I could arrive at the cut-off amount point in a few days it would be a miracle.

The cold turkey is what I cannot handle I'll say it again it's just so awful it drives me insane and then I dose like crazy to make up for it. This just happened and it was awful. I used so much when I finally got my hands on more and it was just like 24 hours cold turkey. That was after like 5 or 6 days of a 75% dose cut though and the whole ordeal was driving me crazy. My schedule was working out well but I really fucked up these past few days. I need to make it to 8am without an opiates. That is 9 hours from now, and then really I should only be taking 20 milligrams. I can't go on messing up like this. I took a little ghb to hopefully fall asleep for the night haha. Was just a gift from a friend and does it ever come in handy if I need to sleep in acute withdrawal. I really need to get those first few 8 hour stretches over and done with. It's really frustrating because I was doing great, but then one day of cold turkey and I was using 4 times as much for a couple days just because the suffering was so bad that cold turkey day. Now I've calmed down but my stash took a major hit. That is why I took the G just to fall asleep and hopefully wake up around 8am and get the first 8 hour period over with which will actually be 12 hours. I need to focus on lowering my dose so I can have a normal life. I think that I will have a great sleep tonight Even in cold turkey I could sleep with the G, and all that matters to me right now is I get through the first few 8 hour stretches in between opiates doses Then I'll be back on track but I'm not there yet. I really wish I didn't run out because I would have ket using in a stable way and my body would be accustoemd to it by now. I did a lot of yoga today and it wa great. And got a lot of sun. I am sad though.

Hi all, I'm currently trying to taper off of a comfortable habit of drinking hard alcohol these past 2-3 months daily.
I would drink to get buzzed daily using vodka or rum to avoid the life choice I had to make during those 2 months. It started at a wee little pint a day to a now full blown 'i feel totally normal and balanced with no withdrawls' at a constant but spread out in take of 750 ml of vodka or rum these past couple days.
I'll continue to post my taper journey here. I want to continue to taper and not have to go to detox cause I still live at home and no one knows I drink, and I fear being kicked out with no where to go. I just want my brain to get balanced again. These past 3 some days my brain gets tingly and tons of sensations that I hate, and while before when I was tapering down to 10 nips a day, it was o ly to take the edge off of the hand shakes, heat and irregular heart beat.

I've been having in a standard drink today every few hours and all my symptoms have been kept at bay, but sleeping is still hard and I get nightmares about the brealup and my brain still tingles so far.

Welcome Ragnarok-
I used to drink, about a liter a day for 15 years. My rule the whole time was to NEVER drink away my hangover. I would occasionally have a few beers on Saturday morning, but bever if I woke up trashed from the night before. I got really good at being hungover. Fast food(greasy food)for breakfast always helped. I would drink at any hour of the afternoon, but not until I lived through my hangover every day.

If you do want to go cold turkey you could always just stay in bed for a few days and blame it all on food poisoning- some restaurant you don't like anyway. People will believe you and let you pass on life's responsibilities when they think your illness is not your fault, but you're probably right to worry that your family will be mad you are drinking. My wife stuck by my side through it, but she would get pissed when I drank too much to function.

Again you hit it straight Shroomi- every time I have dropped my dose too much I got desperate and ended up using more than ever. AND all it takes is one day to reset my tolerance to the new higher dose. That's how I hot to 200 mg/day oxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.