• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Support Thread v 2.0

Hey everyone ! I was here a few years back for getting off oxy .. Nice to still see Squeaky around sharing his wisdom . So i used Kratom to get me thru losing my oxy connect .. Worst mistake of my life . Been on Kratom the last 2 years and it turned bad on me . Started getting panic attacks , heart palpitations, hair breakage , twitches in legs at night , just all around feeling shitty all the time , constantly feeling in withdraw no matter how much or when i take it etc. Had a bad "attack" with my heart ended up at the er , all tests came out fine but deep down i knew it was the Kratom . Im on day 7 since my last dose and it has been a hell of a week that has brought me to my knees , way worse than any oxy withdraw !!! Go to reddit and see there is a ton of other people going thru similar things with kratom . Yeah it was my fault for escalating my dose and being the addict i am , but i didnt research the health effects of longer term use and i regret that deeply . So please be very careful with it and only use it to get off something else for a week or so !!!! Its poison and will ruin your life !!!
Great to see you again! Thank you for you Honest description of Kratom:love:!!
I have bought all the colors of that weed, only tried the capsules, straight is just to nasty. I want o get off my Norcos, but do not and can not afford to be completely out of commission, for a week. So I taper, get off a week or two, lower down to 5-10mgs a day. Then find a reason to take one??
I will give away my Kratom, and hope to get off my Norco,.......................or NOT???????????????

So i‘m struggling a bit, but at least pleased to say i have stuck to my taper and my daily use hasn’t altered…however having real problems getting to normal. The major issue with eating this stuff like smarties for so many years is that it’s impossible to stabilise onto a routine when you need to. I am dosing 8 hours apart, have been for 3 weeks, and still withdrawals start kicking in 6 hours or so after each dose, which means I’m in withdrawals 2-3 hours 3 times a day. No it’s not exactly horrific agreed, i mean its the first couple of hours of withdrawals, but still not fun for a total of 9 hours every day..its the severe irritability that gets me the most. Anyway I’m starting today to dose every 6 hours not 8, but less each dose…180mg x 4 a day rather than 240mg x 3.. hopefully that will help the peaks and troughs…but i suspect will mean general low energy all day instead…

i really hope i can get to a place where this all settles down a bit and i can move on with the taper/

Same way a woman could stay sober 24 years (because my kids are everything), then fall straight into a large vat of opium as soon as they turn 18 and just feel like staying there. My kids are fine, all got their lives fairly well sorted, eldest two are doing very well, always knew they were ambitious but I didn't get to see how that translates in guys in their 20s until now! My youngest son and his girl live with my husband and myself, I'm not lonely or alone, there is a lot of love in our home and not that much work to do, no rent to pay, yay, paid off that mortgage then retired to smoke weed the rest of my life while living on a meagre disability allowance and the generousity of others.
Sounds like a nice life, eh?
It is.
Except for the fricking opium thing.
Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff, I just hate how after many months of non stop oral use my stomach gives up on me.
Now I'm sick. Every sodding morning is the same.
I wake in the early hours to the movement of my bowels and run for the toilet.
Why is my body clearing it out so quickly that I get sick so quickly?
My intake of food has dwindled to next to nothing, it hurts to eat.
I feel I'm just not managing this at all.
So I quit the last two new years in a row, can't do that this year, can't be sick in January, too much to do this year and I'm simply exhausted when I quit.
Only two people here know I use this stuff, my internet friends know but not so much IRL, I'm a respectable person with a good haircut (seriously, the hairdresser made me beautiful again, lol) I wash and keep the place ok. People don't realise I've these junkie tendancies.

It's the time of year I guess, I want to stop this and give myself better health, I feel ill all the time now but I'm really really scared of how it feels when I quit.

Maybe I could do it quickly in the space of five days before it all gets busy around here?

My method is to stop and wait for it all to go wrong, endure what I can for as long as I can, a few days maybe, then I start slapping on buprenorphine patches until I feel relief.

Sounds simple but it's exhausting and soul destroying and the seconds drag by so all those months on the good stuff seems like the identical length of time as those few days in withdrawal.

This is the tapering thread, but I cannot possibly face tapering it, I'm on five times the amount this year compared to last year, if I could manage on less then I would:(
groundhog day again
It's either I take more or I take less, as I am is making me sick.
For now it'll have to be more, the pain is killing me, rats are gnawing inside my stomach.
Later when I've more time, I'll get back on bupe (then sweat day and night while unable to see fuck all, I don't like the side effects).
How to pick a date? :unsure:
I said that hoping I would.
I did it
I'm two days clean or is it three, I quit on tuesday and I have no idea whatat day it is
Edit; this is my third day, I'm on bupe now but it's not an easy switch to make. I tapered hard and only dropped one sixth of my dose in a month, I just couldn;t take less than I need, so I jumped CT but with the help of lots of loperamide (have to get more of that, gone through four boxes of it so far) and clonidine which I'm taking at 0.8mg per day because I read a study on it and that was the effective dose.
I didn't get the usual headfuck, I'm quite upbeat, I'm happy I'm free of pods/opium and can go places now.
I really might just stay off it if my attitude stays like this.
But it could be the clonidine and lope keeping me mild, I need to see how I am after I taper off those.

Last edited:
I said that hoping I would.
I did it
I'm two days clean or is it three, I quit on tuesday and I have no idea whatat day it is
Edit; this is my third day, I'm on bupe now but it's not an easy switch to make. I tapered hard and only dropped one sixth of my dose in a month, I just couldn;t take less than I need, so I jumped CT but with the help of lots of loperamide (have to get more of that, gone through four boxes of it so far) and clonidine which I'm taking at 0.8mg per day because I read a study on it and that was the effective dose.
I didn't get the usual headfuck, I'm quite upbeat, I'm happy I'm free of pods/opium and can go places now.
I really might just stay off it if my attitude stays like this.
But it could be the clonidine and lope keeping me mild, I need to see how I am after I taper off those.
Hey, I don't mind talking to myself, I've been more nuts than that, but if anyone wants to chip in go for it.
Oh fuck, that coffee might not been a good idea, I came downstairs looking for more lope, so coffee is the opposite
I had a great night last night, I'm happy as a pig in shite taking clonidine every few hours, loperamide (she urgently chucks down four before the coffee acts) and gabs.
So last night took me past three days and instead of the agonising time I had last year when I did this, it was ok. (except for my legs getting tazered on repeat by invisible demons all day and all night).

I had the same bupe last year, same gabs, I had a really rough time so much that it scared me off for a whole year.
What I took this time worked. It was clonidine, 0.8mg per day, but I didn't even take them all so it was slightly less and I'll wean off them carefully because blood pressure can spike otherwise. Clonidine are lovely, I was tripping out my tiny brain on them ysterday
Also loperamide which I took much more of than before, six at a time, every few hours for the worst bit, now I'm down to four at a time, clonidine constipates better than bupe believe it or not, they all helping me keep away from the toilet except to tinkle. That means while I'll have lost weight through not eating it won't be the skeleton look when I'm done this time.

What else? :unsure: this is just for ideas if someone's doing the same btw, check anything is safe for yourself first, please don't blame me if people are stupid.
Cyclizine too on the first and second days, normal dose is enough for me of that because my body prefers using the other end and cyclizine is an opiate derived med that stops you vomitting, perfect for any junkie really if you're looking for early christmas pressies.

Frick I'm not right yet and talking shite, but yes, cyclizine is brilliant, I just don't puke after just one tablet.
But I'm feeling so happy it's done and over and it didn't hurt as much as last time.
My problem last time was I'd a large stash of what I was trying to quit. This time I don't, that's got to help

So i‘m struggling a bit, but at least pleased to say i have stuck to my taper and my daily use hasn’t altered…however having real problems getting to normal. The major issue with eating this stuff like smarties for so many years is that it’s impossible to stabilise onto a routine when you need to. I am dosing 8 hours apart, have been for 3 weeks, and still withdrawals start kicking in 6 hours or so after each dose, which means I’m in withdrawals 2-3 hours 3 times a day. No it’s not exactly horrific agreed, i mean its the first couple of hours of withdrawals, but still not fun for a total of 9 hours every day..its the severe irritability that gets me the most. Anyway I’m starting today to dose every 6 hours not 8, but less each dose…180mg x 4 a day rather than 240mg x 3.. hopefully that will help the peaks and troughs…but i suspect will mean general low energy all day instead…

i really hope i can get to a place where this all settles down a bit and i can move on with the taper/
How are you getting on?

@papercuts , Good morning, I hope this finds you well , and all who are working to Tame ( and return it to its CAGE) this Horrible/Wonderful journey with Opiates??
I am still on a 5 years Taper!!! well that's a big number:rolleyes:
I get down to a kick, do it and with in a week, (I will just have One, shit happens??)
The Physical (Acute) withdrawals suck, but they end eventually , the Mental shit of opiates are a Whole different Beast for me.
Thank you for you continued posting here, it helps me more than i can express. Nice to know I am not alone, and this shit can be beat.
I have worked my way off of so many opiates, down to Norco (10-30mgs/Day) which I take as 5/175
I have Gabipentain, Lope, THC gummies, Kraton, Zolpiden, So from what I have learned the only thing I am missing is, clonidine, 0.8mg per day?
but I also have a constant affordable supplyof my DOC???

This is a social/support thread for those who may be tapering. It is meant to be a thread where we can share our experiences in a safe place. Whether you are getting ready to begin the tapering process or if you've been there before and wish to offer your valuable perspective.... Welcome!

As always, please make sure we are posting per the BLUA - Bluelight User Agreement as well as The Dark Side - Forum Guidelines at all times.

This thread is a continuation of the Tapering Supportive/Social Thread:
I've been on methadone for 4 years, I've been tapering for about 4 months. 150mg/day down to 27mg/day! I didn't start feeling anything until about 40 mg. Now it's about you know a milligram at a time it seems like. Of course the easy thing to recommend is to not get on the program at all. About 2 weeks ago I went down to 25 mg and hit the freaking wall. Needless to say I put on the brakes and who knows how long it's going to take now.

@papercuts , Good morning, I hope this finds you well , and all who are working to Tame ( and return it to its CAGE) this Horrible/Wonderful journey with Opiates??
I am still on a 5 years Taper!!! well that's a big number:rolleyes:
I get down to a kick, do it and with in a week, (I will just have One, shit happens??)
The Physical (Acute) withdrawals suck, but they end eventually , the Mental shit of opiates are a Whole different Beast for me.
Thank you for you continued posting here, it helps me more than i can express. Nice to know I am not alone, and this shit can be beat.
I have worked my way off of so many opiates, down to Norco (10-30mgs/Day) which I take as 5/175
I have Gabipentain, Lope, THC gummies, Kraton, Zolpiden, So from what I have learned the only thing I am missing is, clonidine, 0.8mg per day?
but I also have a constant affordable supplyof my DOC???
Hey Iceman, the lope and clonidine combo worked to keep me very calm and that was important because at some stage during wds I start to panic and become convinced that I'm dying, so need my DOC, what's the point of quitting if I'm only going to die without it?

This time is going well. I'm wearing four bupe patches and still I'm feeling sick a lot, but that will go soon and I've dry mango to nibble and cyclozine if I'm actually being sick to stop it.
My bowels haven't stopped despite lope and clonidine both being constipating, my guts are sore but controlled.
I've still got some of my DOC, about two weeks worth at my old rate of use, I plan to only use it in emergencies.
Had some kratom, then threw it up, it's disgusting stuff. I didn't even enjoy the buzz, I was waiting for it to go away. I've no clue what that was about, I used to be able to take it, does it go off?
But see right now, I really really want some of my DOC so I'm going to think of something else now.

This is a social/support thread for those who may be tapering. It is meant to be a thread where we can share our experiences in a safe place. Whether you are getting ready to begin the tapering process or if you've been there before and wish to offer your valuable perspective.... Welcome!

As always, please make sure we are posting per the BLUA - Bluelight User Agreement as well as The Dark Side - Forum Guidelines at all times.

This thread is a continuation of the Tapering Supportive/Social Thread:
Started a methadone taper about 6 weeks ago,2 months maybe. I'm such a big sissy when it comes to being sick off a methadone or opioids I'm scared of being sick and having to function. I have a great job and some days I'm just hanging on by it's ready 150 mg 6 weeks ago down to 27 now

Started a methadone taper about 6 weeks ago,2 months maybe. I'm such a big sissy when it comes to being sick off a methadone or opioids I'm scared of being sick and having to function. I have a great job and some days I'm just hanging on by it's ready 150 mg 6 weeks ago down to 27 now
Sounds like you're doing great, that is a huge reduction, how has it been so far? I put this off for months being scared because the last couple of times were so much worse.
Pleasantly surprised it only sucks massively and not humongously this time.

Thanks, great advice again

May i ask what your DOC was and how long you took it for, + approx dose

just interested really, if you can be bothered
Prescribed 2mg Ativan x 3 per day, plus 150 mg oxy per day (30 mg IR pills). I quit Ativan cold turkey and had a small seizure, so I tapered off it for about 2 months with no problems or cravings. The oxy was a different story……

I’m not one to buy drugs illegally (although I did buy 30mg oxys off Craigslist 2 times), so I went from stashing pills for 2 years because I was using less than prescribed, to using my stash because I was using more than prescribed (took another yeart to burn through my sizeable stash), to running low at the end of every month and tapering just so as not to run out (another year), to just throwing my hands in the air each month and running out in 5 or 6 days. That last part where I ran out of pills inside of a week lasted for about 2 years before I told my Dr to lower my dose and switch me to Percocet (hoping fear for my liver would help me stop consuming so much oxy…… nope! I would get my prescription for 120 Percocet’s and burn through it in 3-4 days.

I finally just rescheduled my next Dr appointment, then rescheduled it again, then cancelled it completely. I left on good terms (so that I could go back if necessary), but cancelling that appointment was liberating. I’m no longer a slave to those pills.

Unfortunately I switched back to alcohol, wound up in the emergency room, and I have been sober for 16 days now.

Hey everyone ! I was here a few years back for getting off oxy .. Nice to still see Squeaky around sharing his wisdom . So i used Kratom to get me thru losing my oxy connect .. Worst mistake of my life . Been on Kratom the last 2 years and it turned bad on me . Started getting panic attacks , heart palpitations, hair breakage , twitches in legs at night , just all around feeling shitty all the time , constantly feeling in withdraw no matter how much or when i take it etc. Had a bad "attack" with my heart ended up at the er , all tests came out fine but deep down i knew it was the Kratom . Im on day 7 since my last dose and it has been a hell of a week that has brought me to my knees , way worse than any oxy withdraw !!! Go to reddit and see there is a ton of other people going thru similar things with kratom . Yeah it was my fault for escalating my dose and being the addict i am , but i didnt research the health effects of longer term use and i regret that deeply . So please be very careful with it and only use it to get off something else for a week or so !!!! Its poison and will ruin your life !!!
From the research I have done…… some people have horrible withdrawals from Kratom, some have zero withdrawals. Mine have been moderate, so I can taper down successfully and jump without much trouble. It seems you fit into the other group, suffering horribly. I’m really sorry to hear that you’re having so much trouble.

Whether you believe that Kratom is actually an opiate or not, the reality is thst it’s very long acting. Similar to methadone or suboxone, one dose can last a person all day. So if you’re going to have withdrawals from it…. They’ll last absolutely forever compared to something like oxy (short acting)

Hey Iceman, the lope and clonidine combo worked to keep me very calm and that was important because at some stage during wds I start to panic and become convinced that I'm dying, so need my DOC, what's the point of quitting if I'm only going to die without it?

This time is going well. I'm wearing four bupe patches and still I'm feeling sick a lot, but that will go soon and I've dry mango to nibble and cyclozine if I'm actually being sick to stop it.
My bowels haven't stopped despite lope and clonidine both being constipating, my guts are sore but controlled.
I've still got some of my DOC, about two weeks worth at my old rate of use, I plan to only use it in emergencies.
Had some kratom, then threw it up, it's disgusting stuff. I didn't even enjoy the buzz, I was waiting for it to go away. I've no clue what that was about, I used to be able to take it, does it go off?
But see right now, I really really want some of my DOC so I'm going to think of something else now.
Cutting myself off of my DOC was liberating. Even though I was in serious withdrawals, there was a feeling of freedom that came with knowing I was winning. Having access to my DOC but avoiding it was not the same.

My advice: flush it down the toilet, block your dealer’s number, cancel that Dr appointment, etc. you’re doing really well. All it will take is one slip and you will find yourself starting all over.

Keep up the taper! You’re on your way to freedom!!! Remember that it’s a game of percentages, not milligrams. If your first drop in your methadone taper was 15mg off of 150mg per day, that’s 10%. If you try to cut 15mg right now (at 27 mg) that’s more than 50%. Don’t get depressed when the last part if your taper feels like the melting of an iceberg.

The nausea from Kratom is probably just due to the amount of opiates in your system. Kratom might just have pushed you over the edge. I have used Kratom for several years and getting myself to the point of throwing up is much more difficult since I got away from oxy

Now I am sleeping by myself.

I don't have to take Cetirizine all the time now. They are really strong. Sometimes I wait for three days and it works even better.

Anyway, so I feel a little bit healthier now.

It worked very well though.

It's bad, really bad. Tapering was really horrible but I did it.

Today was just a day, tomorrow is going to be better, right.

Vitamins really helped a lot too. So far.

Yeah imo being on maintenance therapy was good for a while. Then my cravings got under control. Then it started making me depressed in some ways. Cutting down is awful. Took me like over a year to do it. But it was worth it in the end. Just knowing that it passes helped me too.