• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

I think they should just do away with decisions for any fighting sport and let both parties go until a knockout

I think they should just do away with decisions for any fighting sport and let both parties go until a knockout

Funny you mention that. GSP has said he would prefer to forget the rounds and just fight for an entire 30 minutes straight or until one fighter finishes the other beforehand. Only problem with that is GSP is well know for taking the fight to the ground and laying on them. :\

but MMA is just starting now to get those freak athletes coming into the sport because of it's increase in popularity
i feel like most MMA'ers are dudes who got cut from all the sports they tried out for in high school and turned to lifting to compensate for their shitty hand eye coordination

if there is a UFC'er who's a former collegiate athlete in anything other than wrestling/gymnastics/football, i'd love to hear about it

i feel like most MMA'ers are dudes who got cut from all the sports they tried out for in high school and turned to lifting to compensate for their shitty hand eye coordination

if there is a UFC'er who's a former collegiate athlete in anything other than wrestling/gymnastics/football, i'd love to hear about it

Pretty sure most of them come from a martial arts background.

i feel like most MMA'ers are dudes who got cut from all the sports they tried out for in high school

yeah i think so too. No freak athlete really trained MMA because they just trained for football or basketball because that's where the money is. it's slowly changing though.

the amount of assholes looking for fights in public is going to inflate like a mother fucker in the next ten years

better order me a fucking sabre

you have to figure the amount of people taking mdma is going to inflate as well though so it will probably work itself out

Ah martial arts, the go to for parents with a bullied kid.

When i was young I did both martial arts and team sports. Honestly, I preferred martial arts. As someone who is super competitive, nothing feels better than proving you are technically and physically superior to your opponent one on one. Scoring points against another team as a team just isn't quite the same.

anyone else feel like the Little League World Series was more entertaining when there was a bunch of "12 year old" players from Latin American countries dominating the whole tournament?

My brother was a State wrestling champion, in fact my school was Australian Champions for 10 yrs straight when I went there, but only the dudes who had no hand eye coordination to play rugby actually competed. We were the same weight and I would paste his arse all over the backyard and then demand he hand over his belt. I'm surprise he still talks to me to be honest.

My brother was a State wrestling champion, in fact my school was Australian Champions for 10 yrs straight when I went there, but only the dudes who had no hand eye coordination to play rugby actually competed. We were the same weight and I would paste his arse all over the backyard and then demand he hand over his belt. I'm surprise he still talks to me to be honest.

Hmm, well, im not sure what highschool wrestling is like over there, but here in California it is extremely competitive. The district I went to school in was one of the most competitive districts in the state, and my school had won multiple state titles a few years prior to when I was there (keep in mind California has thousands of highschools).

And believe me when I say that there are few sports in the world that test your conditioning like wrestling. Those two minute periods feel like an eternity when you're out there. There were a bunch of kids that did both wrestling and football, and without a doubt the wrestling practices were more intense.

I was pretty small in highschool, so I definitely wasnt football material. But I was kickass at both soccer and wrestling, and by far my favorite sport was wrestling, and since they shared the same season I could only chose one unfortunately.

Oh I really enjoy it as a sport, and the reason we were so strong was because our Head Coach Mr Brookes who went to the olympics. It was just the competitions were the same day as rugby and the best wrestlers generally could tackle the shit out or people. Boys schools are like that I'm afraid. We did a lot of wrestling training as part of our rugby training.

The zoot suits are fucking queer though. At least our rowers had hard callused hands.

you have to figure the amount of people taking mdma is going to inflate as well though so it will probably work itself out

they are the exact people I was talking about who want to fight you just because you held the door open for them
'what you some kind of fag?'

everyone with their rainbow belts in ching chang chong choo acting hard

i first i was like what?

than i realized i misread mdma as mma

still think legit mdma is pretty much an endangered species these days, soon to be extinct, it's the new lsd and mescaline

everything eventually comes back in style, right...?

A lot of DII football players get into mma,ate you shouldn't have a preconceived prick attitude and respect these prize fighters for what they truly are; skilled, athletic, brave, and warriors.

You have a horrible sports bias, and I'm fucking des up with it, Mr. 6 month heroin habit needs adderal and subs to get over the bitch sickness.
Why don't real athletes get into your beloved 'golf'? Everyone is a scrub athlete? Just rich and well connected. Baseball is a real mans 18 holes- the luxury and preppy surroundings.

this is why MMA is ultimately a pass in my book, the debates over it generally turn into shouting matches to go with the equally brutish actual event

An elite sprinter joins the rugby:

(I think this sport is so much more exciting than American football. Football is great to play, but it's very tedious to watch. I keep screaming "START THE PLAY ALREADY" at the TV, until I can't stand it any more)

this is why MMA is ultimately a pass in my book, the debates over it generally turn into shouting matches to go with the equally brutish actual event

I think much of the maligning of MMA is because it really is so new still. Most of us grew up watching boxing as the only combat sport we ever knew existed. Of course we knew of other martial arts but that was for movie stars such as Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan to entertain us with crazy moves. With all these different facets combined, it is difficult for some to put the nuances together and make sense of it all when watching MMA for the first time. Unless it is a stand up slug fest of course which is not common when the elite guys are fighting.