• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Official Tramadol Discussion Thread

I read reports on Erowid about Tramadol. A lot of the people claim the effects are quite similar to that of MDMA. Now, we all know how people exaggerate greatly on Erowid, but they don't seem to be a minority on this? People on this site claim of similarities between the two drugs, as well.

The ability to want/able to talk to anyone and everyone in sight. As well as, an overall well-being. On top of this, apparently, it has a very long duration. Thoughts on this? Accurate comparison, or, hogwash?

I love tramadol. Not as nice as the real opioids but close. The serotonergic effect is part of the appeal IME. Get some psyllium husk (sp?) for the constipation, use it nightly and you're good. It can re-regulate your serotonin receptors and give you some slight opiate withdrawal in the long term (one-two punch of depression and distress), but I wouldn't worry about that if you have a steady supply. I've gone cold turkey on the stuff and had about 3 bad days. God knows there are things that can give your brain chemistry a lot more difficulty if you were to get off them.

Can I mix adderall and ultram...

Hi everybody. I apologize if I am not in the right place, but I posted this question in the "Basic Drug" forum and I got ripped apart by a bunch of know it alls who just wanted to lecture me.

Here's my rundown.
At about 8am I took 30 mg extended release adderall + 15 mg immediate release adderall. Please keep in mind that I have an extremely high tolerance to adderall and to most opiates. (example...I need to take 20 - 25 mg of vicodin just to get a buzz from them).

My question is this: Around noon, can I take 100 mg of extended release ultram? (I have 4 of these pills on me). I was actually thinking about chewing it up. Will that break the time release mechanism or is too dangerous to do so?

I really almost know nothing about ultram or how it works, except that it can cause seizures, so I'm looking for just some honest advice or experiences...no lectures ...please. I am just looking for a nice opiate buzz / warm feeling. And I am also not familiar with what amount would suffice as a recreational but "safe" dose.

thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi everybody. I apologize if I am not in the right place, but I posted this question in the "Basic Drug" forum and I got ripped apart by a bunch of know it alls who just wanted to lecture me.

Here's my rundown.
At about 8am I took 30 mg extended release adderall + 15 mg immediate release adderall. Please keep in mind that I have an extremely high tolerance to adderall and to most opiates. (example...I need to take 20 - 25 mg of vicodin just to get a buzz from them).

My question is this: Around noon, can I take 100 mg of extended release ultram? (I have 4 of these pills on me). I was actually thinking about chewing it up. Will that break the time release mechanism or is too dangerous to do so?

I really almost know nothing about ultram or how it works, except that it can cause seizures, so I'm looking for just some honest advice or experiences...no lectures ...please. I am just looking for a nice opiate buzz / warm feeling. And I am also not familiar with what amount would suffice as a recreational but "safe" dose.

thanks!!

to break the time release just chew the fuck outta them, or smash them with a blunt object. The only thing i would worry about is mixing ultram/tramadol with adderall bc its a bad combination that can easily lead to siezures (my friend had to get his stomach pumped from mixing the two) so it would probably be best to wait awhile before consuming the trammies!

THANK YOU....lol...I just wanted an honest answer..thank you. Seriously, I was getting so pissed at this person in the Basic Drug Forum. They bascially gave me a HUGE lecture and pretty much told me I had a death wish...lol.... wasn't asking for a lecture.

Anyway...when you say to wait a while.....maybe 4 or 5 hours after takine the adderall? And would 100 mg be enough for the buzz?

i personally love tramadol and take them about every other day to keep my tolerance low so i can get a good nodding type buzz. I usually dose at around 150-250mg, if you have an opiate tolerance i would say 200mg should be about right but remember the more you take the more likely you can have seizures altho most occur at 400 mg or while mixxing tramadol with other substances. I think your safe to take them if you took the adderall early this morning since i was prescribed ritilan and would wait about 4-5 hours before taking any trammies but never would go over 350 mg since i had taken something else earlier in the day.

goodluck, and post back if you like them!

i personally love tramadol and take them about every other day to keep my tolerance low so i can get a good nodding type buzz. I usually dose at around 150-250mg, if you have an opiate tolerance i would say 200mg should be about right but remember the more you take the more likely you can have seizures altho most occur at 400 mg or while mixxing tramadol with other substances. I think your safe to take them if you took the adderall early this morning since i was prescribed ritilan and would wait about 4-5 hours before taking any trammies but never would go over 350 mg since i had taken something else earlier in the day.

goodluck, and post back if you like them!

Thanks...very imformative. I will probably take 150mg at about noon (4 hours after the adderall). My tolerance is so high, I don't even feel the effects of the adderall anymore...lol. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks!<3

Thanks...very imformative. I will probably take 150mg at about noon (4 hours after the adderall). My tolerance is so high, I don't even feel the effects of the adderall anymore...lol. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks!<3

Hi!!!

I just wanted to update you on my experience. I chewed up 150mg of ultram around 12:20pm. The first intial onset hit me around 12:45pm. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy, definitely not as intense as vicodin, but still made me fee good. It's now 1:17 and I'm still feeling fuzzy. Thanks for the advice. :D

You're still in the Basic Drug Discussion forum. ;) Sorry you got a rough welcome, but from what I saw of the thread you really are taking some risks. Tramadol and Adderall can both lower the seizure threshold, so taking them together can be dangerous. Please be careful, and welcome to Bluelight. :)

As for the MDMA comparison, it's valid but a bit superficial. The feeling isn't as intense, but it's definitely there. The serotonergic/noradrengergic effects are quite nice though. You really get a mood lift, chattiness, etc., so if you're prone to hugging and shit when you're in a good mood, it'll do it.

Doesn't happen to everyone though. Tramadol remains one of those drugs you either love, hate, or are just bored by. I don't think anybody just "likes" Tramadol.

OK, so I took three tram's and... nothing. Kinda what I suspected. They might be old.
One side had an "M" and the other side "T7". 50 mgs I guess.

People enjoy different pills but I don't get the deal with these. And I won't mix meds.

that's the news...

The day after my Ultram experience and I ended up giving the remainder (2) to a friend. The quick buzz was OK but I got extremely nauseated around 6:00pm on the way home from work. I could attribute that also to the adderall or to the fact that I get motion sickness (and I was in a car)...also could be a mixture of everything. Regardless, I don't think I'll be taking ultram anymore. Thanks for your advice!

GUYS.
Let me clear something up.....
1. Tramadol, Ultram or whatever name it has is NOT an opiate.
It is chemically, scientifically similar but it is not.
They do get you high.
First time try about 6-7 (yes you gerally have to take a bunch)
When i take 8-10 i am very speed and the buzz is very clean 8-10 is very similar to an oxy 40 with someone who has low tolerance, you will nod, get itchy and the whole nine. I would probably prefer the ultrams over oxy because it last about 8 hours also.
Its basically an opiate but not completely, you have to take 6-10 in order to get the opiate affects...Trust me, Tramadol is AWESOME!!!!!
Have fun guys, peace

TAKE 8 of them and watch what happens!!!!! BOOM, you'll feel like you shot heroin! Its awesome!

^ Don't listen to this guy. He's just started out and doesn't know what he's talking about. Doesn't even know what the name of it is, and is suggesting taking an amount that is dangerous for begginers, and the other info he's giving out is also wrong. Tramadol IS an atypical opioid.

DONT LISTEN TO ME????? YEAH WELL YOUVE GOT ME ALL WRONG BROTHER.
Number one I just said the names, Tramadol and Ultram. Number 2.... Ive been on them for a year and a half on and off along with ssri's i know there effects...
Number 3 they come in 50 mg and 100 mg doses, there little white round pills with 629 on the back if your getting the generic version.
Take 6-7 for starters, you'll feel just like an oxy forty, promise. Thats beeen my experience and Ive used opiates (all, like heroin, dilaudid, methadone, oxy, hydro, fent patches etc) I know my shit, if I didnt I wouldnt post.

Dude, do you realize there is a seizure threshold with these? That's why the previous poster said, it's fucking idiotic to take that many at a time. You clearly don't have a good understanding of the drug. I think it's been mentioned, that the threshold is 400mg's. After that, you're playing roulette. Sure, I'm sure people take over that amount, and are just dandy. But, it's still being careless.

i have literally seen hundreds of people take even more than 8, like 15...And NO SEIZURES. But if thats true then I would definetly be careful your right.

Yeah but risk/reward ratio is not worth it IMO. I mean 15 Tramadol shit. Don't get me wrong I've taken high doses but I wouldn't risk that. Anyone have any links to the risk of seizure with these? I might search it now just to get a picture.

Many say that it shouldn't be taken with SSRI's but I know many people that take both and docs that prescribe the two also. Has there been a case of serotonin syndrome linked to SSRI's and Tramadol or is it precautionary as they both affect serotonin in the brain? Time for some research, it's been buggin me for a while now. I'll report if I find anything of interest.

^ a lot of doctors seem to precribe citalopram for people on tramadol. It's safe when both are taken at therapeutic doses.