• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The (LOPERAMIDE) diaries...

No just after coming off of it. I was on it for almost a year.

I've been on less than 40mg for a little over a year, I quit taking it and now have permanent diarrhea 8(

....going on almost 2 months straight

I'm losing weight uncontrollably now and kinda starting to panic....

I read on some bodybuilding forum that loperamide can help you make muscle gains, and now I'm starting to believe it.

I have no desire to eat accept maybe once a day.

At first it was great because I had weight I wanted to lose but now I'm getting scared.

Last edited:
Another day almost done! I won't lie-it has been tempting a few times to say heck with it. Still no sleep, everything smells and tastes so weird-house, car, outside, etc. I haven't eaten either; nothing tastes good at all. I did drink a milkshake a while ago. Going to try to force some soup down; wondering if some of the sleep issues won't settle with food.

I have no choice but to move. 2 young kids in school!

Cold turkey ugh!

Ya I know what you mean by the weird smells! I got some horrid smells while on and withdrawaling from high dose loperamide as well, such a weird side effect/withdrawal symptom! Anyways, awesome work getting this far, one day at a time.

David that's not uncommon but you need to force yourself to eat and more importantly drink! Call your doctor as well and just have him/her make sure you are ok.

David that's not uncommon but you need to force yourself to eat and more importantly drink! Call your doctor as well and just have him/her make sure you are ok.

Thanks man I'm going to see a dr, even when I got off methadone is was never this bad.

Hey everyone, I don't know if this is checked anymore at all. I heard from Skodeo today, he is alive and living. He is 100% Lope free but has other battles that he is working on. As soon as he gets a chance he will be here to post.

Hey everyone, I don't know if this is checked anymore at all. I heard from Skodeo today, he is alive and living. He is 100% Lope free but has other battles that he is working on. As soon as he gets a chance he will be here to post.

Awesome! I'm so glad that he's alive

Hello and welcome my friend. As you can see you are not alone and you have come to the right place to vent and seek assistance. Damn that is expensive Lope up there, at Walmart they have the 200ct <snip>. But my parents are from Long Island and I know how the shopping is up there. Not to be an enabler, but you can order the Kirkland brand Lope on Amazon, it's cheap as shit. Also there are people selling packs of 10-12-16 bottles of the 200ct so they know what's going on obviously. But if you want to check out Amazon, it will save you a shitliad of cash compared to the prices you are paying now. Lope is definitely some crazy shit, there are a lot of people hurting themselves and it's beginning to become more known so maybe it will be the next thing to get scheduled. What is your current goal? Are you wanting to drop it completely or are you content where you are? Best thing to do is a taper if you have the discipline, many of us don't, me included. I could never maintain the strength to do a proper taper with anything. So welcome again and I hope you will stay in touch and let us know how you are doing..

Last edited by a moderator:
40-50mgs a day doesn't seem that high when it's been compared to most others on BL
Don't base your dosage off of what others on a forum have said they took. Some people inflate their numbers to win the pissing contest. Especially when it comes to lope!

And yes, loperamide is very cardiotoxic! It's best to quit as soon as you can, I'd even advise too switch to a less cardiotoxic opioid, and taper off of that.

^ Well when I said a different opioid that isn't as cardiotoxic, that doesn't necessarily mean your d.o.c. I would try to get codeine or something weak that will make the final jump easier.

. Tianeptine won't show up on any tests. It's legal and all but I am on probation and get tested each month and that and kratom has never showed up. So you can put the Lope down for good when the Tianeptine comes if you want to. Just be careful with it.

I know im a little late to the thread i just thought it was funny that tianeptine was a suggestion to get off lope because i went a little way overboard on tianeptine then ended up trying to quit with neurontin clonidine and benzos, then kratom , now i think i might be stuck on lope...now im contemplating getting more tianeptine...i think i might be a drug addict haha. Btw does anybody know how long i can take med-high doses of lope before i have physical wd? Also i havent been able to figure out if the lope has just postponed my wd from the tia or kratom idk havent really stayed clean enough to tell. If anyone has any info message me please im kindof new to bl and not sure how it notifies me about replies.

This is my 1st response after finally making it thru about 300 replies so far. Wow! Did I say Wow! So much repeating and over and over! Groundhog Day Anyone! First I am on Suboxone it has helped save my life! I've had 7 surgeries on my body so far. I have made it up to the ladder of Opiates all the way to fentynal. Benzos and Sleeping pills. Not all at once. Underlying conditions include: PTSD, OCD, Depression, and grew up without parents. I have been in counseling and groups for over 6 yrs. straight. I take Zoloft to help. No more opiates I said. I took the lopermide route, but it scared me with all the potential side effects. That said, "How on God's green earth is my man Skodeo going thru what he does? Something does not compute! The constant repeating, "Groundhog Day!" He's afraid of strike 3? Taking all these multiple substances with very little quality control is Strike "3" your out! I am baffled that his parents who have spent all this money helping would not help him the right way with tried and true medications? The enormous damage to his body? No way shape or form should you be chasing every step of the way. Without a true plan there is no coming back i hate so say. What is the end game? You have made a lot of people rich I see. Something is way off here. You don't have any help from Family,work or friends? Whats this GF stuff? How can you keep a GF? You said you have a on line shopping addiction. What are you buying? it would seem all you spend your money on is wishful thinking. Plus your sleep could be helped with melantonin. How can you be happy and ok and then a disaster? That doesn't make sense to me either. Plus getting your deliveries at your half way house and you said sometimes they check? You must get 5 or more deliveries a week? That would be a major red flag! Sorry if this is all true. but I am completely blown away in so many ways! No disrespect but this reminds me so much of a Twilight Zone " Series!

Please tell me your hanging in there? Your Ok? But WTF! You put me to shame! They always say someone has it harder! Curious on how you can't get health care? Can't get it thru your job? Sorry, but way to many questions!

Hello, all. I'm alive, be it a year later. Tales to be told. Currently stuck on tianeptine and have been this entire time.

Now I can change this thread from the lope diaries to the tianeptine diaries. Dear Lord, another trade off addiction in the bag.

I attempted many times to log back in to my account on my laptop only to be unable to access this thread. I just was online searching "tianeptine withdrawal" and this thread popped up and I was able to once again access it via cell phone.

Where I am at now.
Let me give it a go...currently I order 40 to 50 Grams of tianeptine every two weeks and manage to consume all of it before my next shipment arrives. I have one small dose of tianeptine sitting in a parachute to my left and a good 48 hours until more arrives. Thus, the tia withdrawal will be knocking on my door soon and I cut down so much that I didn't sleep last night already. Work the next few days as well.
I am out of the sober house. Moved into a friend's place a few months back, but at the end of this month her lease is up and it's looking like I'll be moving back to the Northwest.
Anyway, tia has basically been a mantience drug this entire time, but if you do that math I am taking upwards of 5 Grams a day. Insane. When I run out the WD is no joke and nothing weak can remotely touch it. Kratom, nope. Even lope? Nope. Yes, I've attempted to fall back on lope to stave off these WDs, but I get nothing. No matter how big a dose I try. I gave up on it. I haven't had lope do anything for me since tia entered my system. It'll be tooth and nail the next couple nights/work days.
Do I ever feel happy anymore? Not really. I have a whole new demon to document here.... Don't be like me, kids.
There is hope.
There is always hope.
Skodeo knows that, for some like himself, you can do hard opiates for years and try to wean off with lope or tianeptine or even kratom and find that you're still constantly stuck in the cycle of addiction. Honestly, I can't imagine life with or without opiates....the jumping off place as they say in AA...AND HE WILL KNOW MISERY AS FEW DO.

I'm really happy to see you're still kicking. I think a lot of OD regulars were following your story and feared the worst when you fell off the map.

At this point, could you consider getting on a maintenance plan?