• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The (LOPERAMIDE) diaries...

This thread is the opposite of hr if you have diareah or in WD you should be in the hospital getting free morphine ivs etc you should not be self medicating without consulting a proffessional go doctor first.

Peace

That’s helpful. Thanks for your input.

This thread is the opposite of hr if you have diareah or in WD you should be in the hospital getting free morphine ivs etc you should not be self medicating without consulting a proffessional go doctor first.

Peace

I wouldn't say it's the opposite of harm reduction...I'm warning others about the path I have gone down.
In my experience, going to the hospital doesn't do a thing. Opiate WD is generally not life threatening. Now getting a suboxine Dr., hitting a methadone clinic, going to a detox, a taper regimen, or just plain bucking up and cold turkeying it is more fitting, in my humble opinion. However, some do not have access to these luxuries or do not have the willpower to taper or cold turkey WD...this is me.

Yeah it’s a long ass thread lol so I didn’t read the whole thing.

Look man, you need cash or something? Do you have food? I don’t normally do this type of shit, but people have helped me out when I was at rock bottom. I’m a big “pay it forward” type of guy.

PM me if you want. I’d like to help if I I can. I can’t do much, but I can help.

Shartito, It's people like you that give me faith in the human race :) I do appreciate your offer, but that's not necessary (at this point...you never do know what tomorrow brings). I couldn't say that I'd honestly spend any money given to me wisely either!! If I find myself out on the street then I may change my tune, but I can get along alright for the moment being.
Meh, I've always had the hardest time asking for or accepting help in the first place...however, I do like to help others. That's why I started this thread, to help others and, in turn, help myself...it's also a basic principle of 12 step programs.

Looking back on the thread there were a number of folks who posted their continuing struggles with loperamide and a few who sent me PMs while I was away...I'm wondering how all those people are doing. I won't take the time to reply to past thread posts, but I will always take time to respond to PMs.

Another thing I thought of...
Guys and gals, I've been taking my GFs gabapentin quite frequently these days too. 300mg pills, usually about 5-9 of them every other day. Sometimes less, sometimes more. The more time I wait to take them the better they work, but I usually can't go over 2 or 3 days. Today is day 2, I only took a single 300mg pill the last time.
Throwing gabbies in the mix has presented a wild card for my current endeavor. They give slight WD symptoms that actually closely resemble opiate WD when I go a few days without them now.
During my tianeptine phase I was pretty much hooked on phenibut which is a cousin of gabapentin. I took the gabbies to get off the pheni, another trade off/substitution.
And now the glow and warmth of the lopes begins to tickle my senses. A sigh of relief knowing I won't be feeling like shit the rest of today, but they sure don't work like they used to. I'd be much happier with any other opioid, but the lope suffices for the time being. I wish I could be normal, I wish I could live a sober life and feel OK. This is no way to live...

All right man. Hey good luck. I mean that. Be careful with the lope. :)
I appreciate the concern, the well wishes, and the offer of generosity. We all need our angels when we're dancing with the devil. Pop on in from time to time, eh?

I appreciate the concern, the well wishes, and the offer of generosity. We all need our angels when we're dancing with the devil. Pop on in from time to time, eh?

Lol I’m no angel, that’s for damn sure. But yeah I’ll check the thread every now and then. I find the lope topic intriguing.

Many drugs of choice over the many years.

Last several years has been opiates. 75% hydrocodone and 25% oxy.

I went through a kick a couple months ago. Stayed clean for a month. Now I’m chipping away. Trying to keep a day or 2 in between chipping episodes. Today is not one of those days as I’m at about 80mgs of hydrocodone now, and it’s only 5:30 pm in my time zone. I’m sure I’ll put another 50-60 down the hatch before the day is up.

Yeah it’s a long ass thread lol so I didn’t read the whole thing.

Look man, you need cash or something? Do you have food? I don’t normally do this type of shit, but people have helped me out when I was at rock bottom. I’m a big “pay it forward” type of guy.

PM me if you want. I’d like to help if I I can. I can’t do much, but I can help.

Your heart is the right place so you won't get infracted for this or anything, but please be mindful of the fact that using BL to exchange or distribute anything other than harm reduction support, whether it be drugs or gifts of money, is explicitly prohibited by the user agreement. Just wanted to highlight this as it came up. Best avoided, speaking from personal experience here...

Thanks you all. Carry on! :)

Your heart is the right place so you won't get infracted for this or anything, but please be mindful of the fact that using BL to exchange or distribute anything other than harm reduction support, whether it be drugs or gifts of money, is explicitly prohibited by the user agreement. Just wanted to highlight this as it came up. Best avoided, speaking from personal experience here...

My bad. I read the BLUA but must have missed or forgotten that part. Please know I aim to be a productive and respected member of the forums, and don’t want to break rules. Thanks for the heads up. (And the non-infraction) :)

I wasn't aware of this as well. Good to know and I must agree with you that his heart IS in the right place. I've had a number of people reach out to me on BL, part of the reason I love and respect this community!

I wasn't aware of this as well. Good to know and I must agree with you that his heart IS in the right place. I've had a number of people reach out to me on BL, part of the reason I love and respect this community!

Support is fine. Afaik we just don't people using the site to exchange things with monetary value.

How are you doing skodeo? Good to see you posting :)

Don’t get down on yourself man, I know it’s hard. I have been in and out of addiction for 20 years. Part of me wants to live sober, but only half. It’s a straight Jekyl and Hyde situation. I have been down and out so many times, was homeless for 4 and a half years. I have given up and considered suicide more times than I can count. Before when you started this thread you always went to work and busted your ass man, so someone will be bound to hire you. Just keep searching and get back into work mode and you will have a job easily. I had to start over at the bottom for the 7th time in 2015, no bullshit. All those days you went into work waking up at like 5:00 in the morning and walking to and from work, you have been granted a high level of motivation and determination. Unfortunately that applies to getting drugs as well, trust me I am the exact same way. So keep your head up man and just move forward, I am here to support you however I can.

Support is fine. Afaik we just don't people using the site to exchange things with monetary value.

How are you doing skodeo? Good to see you posting :)

Slow_Mo', I suppose I am hanging in there. I've def' been better, but I've been worse as well. I'm attempting to keep my head up and be as positive as I can for the time being. I need to formulate some sort of plan to enhance and better my life.

Skodeo,

I'm glad you checked back in. I've followed this thread and have been thinking about your situation from time to time.

I have been dealing with tianeptine addiction for a couple years now so I felt a bit of a connection when you were using that.

I've read through all of this thread in the past but cannot remember everything. Have you tried a slow taper with the lope? It's not an ideal solution because it won't immediately negate the risks your taking (with your health and with being caught) but it would give you something positive to work towards plus as the dose lowers the health risks improve and you'll find yourself needing to obtain a new box less and less frequently.

I realise tapering doesn't work for everyone. I'm sure you've already thought about it or even attempted it already but I still thought I'd ask. Maybe you've even addressed this already previously in this thread, so apologies if you have.

Don’t get down on yourself man, I know it’s hard. I have been in and out of addiction for 20 years. Part of me wants to live sober, but only half. It’s a straight Jekyl and Hyde situation. I have been down and out so many times, was homeless for 4 and a half years. I have given up and considered suicide more times than I can count. Before when you started this thread you always went to work and busted your ass man, so someone will be bound to hire you. Just keep searching and get back into work mode and you will have a job easily. I had to start over at the bottom for the 7th time in 2015, no bullshit. All those days you went into work waking up at like 5:00 in the morning and walking to and from work, you have been granted a high level of motivation and determination. Unfortunately that applies to getting drugs as well, trust me I am the exact same way. So keep your head up man and just move forward, I am here to support you however I can.

Doggie, you're my best BL friend and I always appreciate your advice and take it to heart. What you speak is the truth. I need to funnel my energy into work and getting back in the swing of things rather than the detrimental ways I find myself in time and time again. I was briefly homeless the other week for 4 days...I slept in the bush where the chill of the wind and rustling of various woodland creatures consistently kept me from a restful night's sleep. I spent my days wandering the streets until my feet could no longer support my body. It was horrible and the weather was shitty the entire time. Lucky for me it never rained. I didn't include this earlier, but basically everything went to shit. I had a good job lined up and lost it because I became homeless the day I was supposed to turn in all required papers. Ugh. Talk about having the rug pulled out from underneath me. At least my GF let me back in, but now I'm hunting for employment yet again, getting by on foodstamps. I'm without even two red cents to rub together! AT least I have a roof over my head and food in my belly...

Slow_Mo', I suppose I am hanging in there. I've def' been better, but I've been worse as well. I'm attempting to keep my head up and be as positive as I can for the time being. I need to formulate some sort of plan to enhance and better my life.
You will be just fine man, we all have our place in this universe. What matters is your inner being. You are a good person who is just going through a tough time. You set up this thread just to help others. Those things may seem small in this money driven materialistic world but they are in fact greater than the all the tangible items we could hold in our hands or park in the driveway of your house. Caring for others is what you do and it will set you up nicely for the next stage of our existence. My post above was a reply to you but I guess I hit the wrong button. Hang in there man, I know it’s tough just trust in what you believe.

Skodeo,

I'm glad you checked back in. I've followed this thread and have been thinking about your situation from time to time.

I have been dealing with tianeptine addiction for a couple years now so I felt a bit of a connection when you were using that.

I've read through all of this thread in the past but cannot remember everything. Have you tried a slow taper with the lope? It's not an ideal solution because it won't immediately negate the risks your taking (with your health and with being caught) but it would give you something positive to work towards plus as the dose lowers the health risks improve and you'll find yourself needing to obtain a new box less and less frequently.

I realise tapering doesn't work for everyone. I'm sure you've already thought about it or even attempted it already but I still thought I'd ask. Maybe you've even addressed this already previously in this thread, so apologies if you have.
So how are you doing with the Tia? I was addicted to it also for about 2 years. For me it was the fastest my tolerance has ever been established. I couldn’t believe how fast my doses reached double digits. I know it’s absolute misery and pain man, just wanted to check with you and see how you are doing. Hang in there and good luck.