• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Metathread - Let's talk about how we can improve EADD

I understand that now, but it threw me off guard. I reacted defensively, so I'm not blameless, but it made me feel unwelcome right off the bat.

Hey, but several of us tried to make you feel welcome over in EADD. There are many posters here that have a great talent for trying to make this a friendlier, less snipey place. There are a few who are at the other end of the spectrum, no doubt they have more than their fair share of issues to deal with. I think on the whole though the place isnt on the verge of catastrohhically splintering apart, the vast majority of posters occupy a kind of middle ground, where they generally treat others with respect and courtesy, but even these people can have an off day, there needs to be more grace and forgiveness, acceptance, understanding and tolerance. Thats so easy to say after a bellyfull of etiz and bupe, but for the a good proportion of the time the place ticks along harmoniously enough.

Don't talk rot.

And if it's still nonsense? :D

haha.

If it's still nonsense then a good thing to do would be to provide a reasoned criticism. Which you sometimes do. But calling Marmalade "Doris" is not that.

you always seem super chilled to me as it goes mdb

Doris Day never stopped hitting Rock hudson.

Last edited:
thanks NE, thats the nicest things anyones said to me all week. Im far from allways super chilled in reality though tbh.

*dangerous drug talk moved to dangerous drug thread*

Last edited:
We are not all obliged to listen to shitty I-IV-V chord progression punk music and know the history behind it.

You should have said something about it, rather than just put it there. Which in my opinion is just a dick move.

Don't be ludicrous. Do I need to explain every music link I post? Or just the ones that thick people can't understand?

In which case, why don't we get the people who post hip hop links to explain their lyrical content, and why we shouldn't be offended by it?

Anyway, this thread isn't about music. But if somebody chooses to click on a link of mine and then takes exception to the lyrical content, maybe the context is all important. Don't you think?

People love to jump down the throats of people who use SWIM, because it's such an easy target.

It would be better if people were polite about it though :D

Some people love easy targets and cannot resist cruelly blasting them down, ive never really thought through why that might be. A chance to show off their 'superiority' ? I dunno.

Oh my god, do I really have to explain why? What has this got to do with hip hop?

I'll try again...

Why should I have to explain the lyrical content of anything I post? Especially when it's not remotely offensive?

I mention hip-hop because it frequently uses derogatory language of the type many people would find offensive in daily speech. Yet you're not calling for people who post hip-hop links to explain themselves, are you?

Posted by Knock regarding Julie's thread

I'm quite unhappy about what has happened here and I want to talk about it in the metathread, please. Thanks!

Hi Knock, I'm not sure if that was directed at me but I'd just like to respond, explain and apologise. Firstly, I understand the Mods have a hard time moderating. My posting on Julie's thread wasn't the right place for all of that. I stand by my point of the offensiveness of some posts made on that thread but I regret seemingly directing my rant at you (by putting your quote up at the top). Ultimately, it was off the back of earlier incidences that have already been talked about and discussed to death, that I really didn't like. They were feelings I had been bottling up but came out, albeit inappropriately and aggressively. So I won't go back there and rake that up. Just know I am sorry.

I do believe there is a place to discuss gender identity so that we can all contribute and learn but I felt it was insensitive in that thread considering the OP's achievement. I understand I'm new here so perhaps with the jokes, I might've jumped the gun there, as I know jokes develop within friendships and you can go further with each other. Yet, as a somewhat outsider looking in, they put me off a bit. However, I do still think there is an issue somewhere regarding the treatment of new members and if these jokes or comments are directed at them or single them out.

I'm going to leave it there because I really have no idea how to moderate (seems like a basket ball sized opiate turd to remove from your arse ha). I think to some extent there needs to be a gauge of sorts for issues such as misogyny, xenophobia, homophobia, etc for the overall harmony of the board because after all one of the main goals of this site is harm reduction in all manners of the term.

Would you like to post the lyrics of that particular song?

As you've already decided that it was a 'dick move' for me to post the song without saying 'hey kids, this isn't racist', perhaps you can do us the honour of posting them?

You evidently know exactly what you're talking about, and all.

*dangerous drug talk moved to dangerous drug thread*

edit: to clarify, I proposed the idea of adopting the support forum rules for threads here that deal with mental health, death, stuff like that.
Just my 2p, but I think this is a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Knock, I'm not sure if that was directed at me but I'd just like to respond, explain and apologise.

The thing that I was unhappy with is people being driven away from the forum. You have nothing to apologise about, IMO.

I do have to agree that this place isn't entirely welcoming. Saying that, there are some extremely friendly members that make it worth the while coming back.

I hate the idea of the forum being stringently moderated. I don't think it's necessary; if someone finds something offensive, argue back or log off. Same goes for new members.

This is just a forum, let us keep that in perspective...

There's no need to over simplify it in order to make it into something it isn't. I never said you should have said "hey kids, this isn't racist", but in light of what you were accused of, you should have clarified what it signified.

People like you are slowly strangling art.

And then there's me thinking you were a smarter poster.

Yes, yes. Enough handbags. Now tell me exactly which of those lyrics you object to. Or do one.
:D

*snip unnecessary abuse*

If you want to tighten the standards and rules perhaps start enforcing ones that are uniform across the rest of BL such as discussing prices and sourcing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just a forum, let us keep that in perspective...
I completely disagree - to many posters, it's really not *just* a forum, it's a proper little community. And I would guess the fact that it's so tightly-knit is one reason it's not instantly welcoming to new posters.

Just a throw away comment.

Son, do you need to analyse everything i say!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqFJ4Kd9mpc i think i put this in a different thread but here it is again. Doris Day sneaking up on Rock and clouting him for nowt. Every film it happened in.

The formula of their movies seemed to be 'she meets rock, has a fall out, ignores him for ages then the slapping starts.

Last edited: