• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Metathread - Let's talk about how we can improve EADD

Being a dick in a RIP thread is just fucking stupid. And mods need to come down hard, despite who it is.

But I think we need people to publicly apologise more, I know I have been rude few times but I normally say sorry. What I find on here is some people are NEVER wrong so threads just turning into shite slinging matches. Which might be fun for a few people but on the whole the same people just look like muppets.

How about people stop digging holes and just say sorry?

Yup, already agreed re RIP threads (and help requested help threads) but to the other bolded bit about apologies ...

Exactly this! A little nudge in PMs from someone to highlight it occasionally too, if someone doesnt realise the magnitude the effects of what they've said have had

There needs to be a period of people taking accountability for their own words rather than getting the full force of stringent Rule enforcement first. It promotes personal responsibility for words written.

Brimz's Mental Health thread is a good example of something that went wrong at first, but righted itself with some thought and some nudges in the right direction and now it's as it should be.

The hypocrisy from some(one) in this thread is pretty painful.

Who, and why? (try to say it constructively ;p)

Nobody cares about your cunty controversial opinions tbh, or your "i was drunk" bullshit excuse for being a cunt.
I care about his opinions. I don't agree with him most of the time, but he's got some very different opinions and this place shouldn't be homogenised because of diverse opinions. I've seen Raas apologise a number of times for his words, and I sometimes genuinely think that he doesn't realise he's causing offence, because he thinks so differently to a majority.

BUT he's been more that accomodating when I've pointed out to him personally certain times when I felt he has been offensive (not towards me) and he's rectified the situation and recanted/deleted comments.

I think we should be creating an envirnoment of self moderation (and personal accountability first and foremost) before being militant. I think it can work, and have seen many examples of it happening

I think we should be creating an envirnoment of self moderation (and personal accountability first and foremost) before being militant.

Self-moderation? Personal accountability? Being militant? 8o

Perhaps you need to have a lie down.

So why's it really funny and okay for Dan to be a cunt to Raas, just because Raas got it wrong somewhere?

I just thought it was funny, nothing more. Do I really need to explain myself?

This is why your opinion on this whole topic falls down. You're a hypocrite.

Are you drunk? Seriously?

Why does my finding Dan's post amusing preclude me from having an opinion on these matters? Are you for real? :D

You were visited by a masked knock? 8o =D

Seriously though, what do you mean, and from whom?

Sam i have never grassed. Thats something i like about myself and want to preserve if you don't mind.

Jess Halo was an old nick of mine son.

Okay ignore the first part of what i said. but i stand by the "i was drunk" bullshit excuse for being a cunt, ive heard that many times on here

Sam i have never grassed. Thats something i like about myself and want to preserve if you don't mind.

Grassed? About what?

You made a comment about somebody having masked digs at you. I'm not asking you to 'grass', but if it was worthy of a mention in this thread then perhaps you should expand on it?

raas said:
Sorry but in the music thread you post songs with the racist term beginning with "N" to wind up Jess who has mixed race children, and that's fine, but if I express a non-bigoted opinion tactlessly then "Warnings should be handed out rigorously". Hypocrite.
What are you on about?

What are you on about? :?

Who's Jess?

In the music thread, under your guise "Myshkin", when you were posting those songs with Ni**** in the title, and NE claimed it was an attack on her as she had mixed race children? Don't tell me you've forgotten? i'll dig the link out if you wish.

Surely, by your own zero-tolerance criteria, that should be a banning or infractions handed out without any notice or discussion?

At the moment this thread highlights where EADD is a bit shit at the moment.

Then again the internet seems to be full of keyboard 'badmen'

In the music thread, under your guise "Myshkin", when you were posting those songs with Ni**** in the title, and NE claimed it was an attack on her as she had mixed race children? Don't tell me you've forgotten? i'll dig the link out if you wish.

Ermmm... why would I post a song with a (dubiously) offensive lyric in order to 'get at' somebody on Bluelight? Especially if I don't have the slightest clue about the ethnicity of their children?

Do you think it's possible that NE is reading things into it that aren't there?

Y
edit: But I think, even in the case of social threads vs support threads, people should still think about how they phrase stuff, I just don't want it to be a barrier to people posting either. Like 'Oh can I say this? Is this too far?' etc. I mean that type of stuff should be common sense but yeah
When conversing with complete strangers, possibly

But there are lots of people here who kinda of have mutual respect or knowledge of one another built up over long periods of time and interaction, who are happy to converse like that with one another, and it seems totally unecessary to make them have to comply to being 'toned' as per stringent BLUA agreement .... just because others don't really understand the relationship or history they have together. (being racist, homophobic etc naturally accepted as being unacceptable whatever the situation)

Sam in particular uses 'irony' as a way of getting around these areas, when it's essentially the exact same behaviour. Irony doesn't make it acceptable

Dig out the posts where NE reveals she has mixed race kids.

I ve never picked up on this fact, until now.

Sam in particular uses 'irony' as a way of getting around these areas, when it's essentially the exact same behaviour. Irony doesn't make it acceptable

You really are on one today, aren't you? That's bullshit and you know it.

Grow up, Doris.

Dig out the posts where NE reveals she has mixed race kids.

I ve never picked up on this fact, until now.

Nor had I.

I somehow knew that she had one alien baby, but that's about it.

Self-moderation? Personal accountability? Being militant? 8o

Perhaps you need to have a lie down.

I just thought it was funny, nothing more. Do I really need to explain myself?

Are you drunk? Seriously?

Why does my finding Dan's post amusing preclude me from having an opinion on these matters? Are you for real? :D
Behaving as you are, you're contradicting everything you're proposing in the thread.

Make light of it as you wish. This is a topic I think deserves some respect. So I'll show it some.

Surely, by your own zero-tolerance criteria, that should be a banning or infractions handed out without any notice or discussion?
Raas, you're off base with this. And mixed up about the facts. Will PM later if necessary. It's a non point. Trust me <3