• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Metathread - Let's talk about how we can improve EADD

Sam, you really are sometimes "always right". Try just imagining that other people might have a valid opinion!

Rein yourself in a bit. I mean that in the nicest possible way! Just take a minute to absorb what others say and have a ponder about it before immediately reacting.

Jess could have been wrong with his intention, but in no way can he justify posting "white power" songs then request that I have warnings handed out for an opinion without any consideration.

I'll finish this later am out for the night now.

Adios chums

<3

Completely agree with this, the context of the thread needs to be taken into account. And this is where people should tread more carefully and anything that you know instinctively that goes against the grain should not be tolerated in these threads in particular.

I had your thread in mind as one of those. While I think it was important for people to be able to point out your behaviour changes, the nastiness wasn't necessary and could have been avoided with better moderation. And those people just posting in it to take the piss, going forward, could just be asked to not post unless theyre going to be constructive with their criticism (and i think criticism and posting and alternative opinion should always be allowed, as long as it's constructive and not piss taking). So for threads like that one, I'm all for them being 'protected' in some way, and respect requested should be complied with

Enforcing the BLUA stringently across the board tho, different story and its not somewhere I'd like to post really because it's just unnecessary and does not promote personal accountability for words properly, nor does it take into account the different types of thread to enough of a degree.

When conversing with complete strangers, possibly

But there are lots of people here who kinda of have mutual respect or knowledge of one another built up over long periods of time and interaction, who are happy to converse like that with one another, and it seems totally unecessary to make them have to comply to being 'toned' as per stringent BLUA agreement .... just because others don't really understand the relationship or history they have together. (being racist, homophobic etc naturally accepted as being unacceptable whatever the situation)...

See now normally I'd totally agree with this but in this case I don't. I've never gone down this line of reasoning for the simple fact that it seems to result in nothing much of anything ever changing. The rules in regards to use of inflammatory language and the like have never been strictly enforced in EADD (or across the board on BL in general) but I really do think it makes much more sense to leave the faff and just enforce the rules with this stuff. What is more likely to cause harm? Any longterm members getting up in arms cos they end up receiving a slap on the wrist is just gonna have to suck it up and get into the habit of keeping their unpleasant attitudes to themselves instead, I'd suggest. I just cannot conceive of any possible scenario where a longterm member has any reason to really get upset about this. What potential problem is there exactly? What is being lost? I really don't get why people are so worried about being "censored" whenever this topic comes up and I am the least censorial person on Earth :?

I don't spend as much time in EAAD anymore. At first it was because I felt that there was an undercurrent of xenophobia that was being ill-moderated & it made me uncomfortable.

*dangerous drug talk moved to dangerous drug thread*

So, simply, I dont come here as much anymore because I feel that there's too much tacit xenophobia often masquerading as humour,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, you really are sometimes "always right". Try just imagining that other people might have a valid opinion!

Rein yourself in a bit. I mean that in the nicest possible way! Just take a minute to absorb what others say and have a ponder about it before immediately reacting.

Just stepping back and looking at the tone of his replies.

He clearly demonstrates a lack of understanding or respect for what you've asked for, yet he's promoting the most stringent options. That's something that doesn't sit right with me at all. It renders his opinion worthless to me, and he clearly lacks the respect this discussion deserves.

See now normally I'd totally agree with this but in this case I don't. I've never gone down this line of reasoning for the simple fact that it seems to result in nothing much of anything ever changing. The rules in regards to use of inflammatory language and the like have never been strictly enforced in EADD (or across the board on BL in general) but I really do think it makes much more sense to leave the faff and just enforce the rules with this stuff. What is more likely to cause harm? Any longterm members getting up in arms cos they end up receiving a slap on the wrist is just gonna have to suck it up and get into the habit of keeping their unpleasant attitudes to themselves instead, I'd suggest. I just cannot conceive of any possible scenario where a longterm member has any reason to really get upset about this. What potential problem is there exactly? What is being lost? I really don't get why people are so worried about being "censored" whenever this topic comes up and I am the least censorial person on Earth :?
To know whether I agree with you or not, I need to see specific examples of incidence really. I'm certainly prepared to change my mind.

I can think of one to illustrate my point. Raas and say Aceeid ed and how they banter together. I dont have a problem with it but I think that this would probably be something that wouldn't be acceptable under stringent enforcement of BLUA. I find it fairly innocuous, I think the participants have mutual enough respect with each other to be able to converse in the way they do.

How would you view their conversations in context with what you're suggesting?

I had your thread in mind as one of those. While I think it was important for people to be able to point out your behaviour changes, the nastiness wasn't necessary and could have been avoided with better moderation. And those people just posting in it to take the piss, going forward, could just be asked to not post unless theyre going to be constructive with their criticism (and i think criticism and posting and alternative opinion should always be allowed, as long as it's constructive and not piss taking). So for threads like that one, I'm all for them being 'protected' in some way, and respect requested should be complied with

Enforcing the BLUA stringently across the board tho, different story and its not somewhere I'd like to post really because it's just unnecessary and does not promote personal accountability for words properly, nor does it take into account the different types of thread to enough of a degree.

Knock did go to some effort to sort that thread out for me. I couldnt see the wood for the trees at the time, i couldnt distinguish proper well meant advice like Cornishman gave me, and because i took that all wrong and flew off the handle at him it seemed to draw forth a lot of trolling and nasty comments. I unwittingly became a target because of my own behaviour, but Knock PMmd me because he cared enough to want to help get the thread back on track. I believe the worst of the trolls were banned or formed other alts who knows.

Jess could have been wrong with his intention, but in no way can he justify posting "white power" songs then request that I have warnings handed out for an opinion without any consideration.

I'll finish this later am out for the night now.

Adios chums

<3
Have a good un ... zero calorie noodles for me tonight again ;p

Knock did go to some effort to sort that thread out for me. I couldnt see the wood for the trees at the time, i couldnt distinguish proper well meant advice like Cornishman gave me, and because i took that all wrong and flew off the handle at him it seemed to draw forth a lot of trolling and nasty comments. I unwittingly became a target because of my own behaviour, but Knock PMmd me because he cared enough to want to help get the thread back on track. I believe the worst of the trolls were banned or formed other alts who knows.
I know all this.

I think the Mods we have, particularly MM (and knock) have the ability to assess such situations. Despite your obvious irrational behaviour in that thread, it was also taken advantage of, and it's in these circumstances I'd say that application of stringent rules is worth applying. Much like the RIP threads, or any asking for help kind of thread.

How would you view their conversations in context with what you're suggesting?

Hmm... I'd have to admit I can't think of anything I recall reading Ed and Raas talking directly to each other that stood out to me in relation to what I'm suggesting.

Or perhaps I don't know what it is exactly I am suggesting? Am I maybe suggesting more than I think I'm suggesting? I'm a suggestive kinda fella when roused :sus:

On my first post ever here, I mistakenly misunderstood the SWIM rule and was chastised right off the bat by a forum member. He (?) later apologized but I reacted very emotionally and it was a bit of a mess.

Who?

People love to jump down the throats of people who use SWIM, because it's such an easy target.

It would be better if people were polite about it though :D

Yeah thats harsh, ive never seen anything worse than on The Drugs Forum, some guy told the most tragic life story ive ever read, and those drugs frorum nazies forgot their humanity with their anonymous feedback system, and all they did was anonymously berate him for not saying SWIM. I was so sickened and angered by that I have taken an intense dislike to that forum, all the petty mindendness of you Must use SWIM, or here, its you must not use SWIM. It incidedents like this that in one way show that some people have no perspective or humanity, really people should have better perspective and judgement and know when to let petty things slide, or at least not make a big issue out of it, when it really is the most trivial load of nonnsenesical irrelevance, and leaves the poster crying out for help even more alienated.

Don't talk rot.

Just take a minute to absorb what others say and have a ponder about it before immediately reacting.

And if it's still nonsense? :D

Raas - regarding this 'white power' song - your homework for tonight (when you've finished getting hot and bothered over Leviticus) is to look up Wayne Kramer, who wrote said 'white power' song. Specifically his involvement with several anti-racist organisations, including the White Panthers. You might begin to see that context is everything and that it's not a 'white power' song in the slightest.

But don't let simple facts get in the way of good bullshit, eh?