• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

melatonin and chantix (the stop smoking pill) have both given me really intense dreams. I also dream really intensely whenever I stop smoking weed.

Piracetam

It's over the counter, safe, cheap, takes little effort to use and it seems to work for a decent amount of people.

It is used for other purposes generally. If I recall, two effects that you may find of use are color dream chance (should also be more crisp/vivid) and increase of lucid dream chance.

There are several other than come to mind and there may be a drug that works faster and better than Piracetam (it's been a while since I've read up on it) that offers the same effects.

the 'medicine' that is best known for inducing dreams is melatonin

however, I recommend calea zacatechichi, brew a tea from the leaves and/or smoke it. things like lorazepam will ruin your ability to dream, or at least your ability to remember your dreams

REM is useless for rest.
Thats what weed makes go away.

I was gonna say nicotine patches, but for some reason I can't dream on them anymore. They just keep me awake now.

Melatonin as well as Piracatem are useless to me as well. I guess I'm not a very dreamy person, I've been stuck in reality for quite some time now. I can't even get visuals on 2CE.

no its a huge 100,000mg chill pill =D

i dont know how to get all the stuff you mentioned. id like to try several drugs but im very anxious anyways so psychodelic drugs wont be my first choice.

thank you all for those information, i want to learn alot about drugs that hide reality.

[No drug discussion in SO, thanks - n3o]

dreams are very special. they are a very good thing. u sure u want crazy random dreams instead of insightful symbolic dreams that can help you in you waking life?

lucid dreaming is tight. takes some training though. check out dreammoods.com. u can read about lucid dream on there. i need to get on that myself.

honestly if i include a request to remember my dreams in my prayers it most always works. idk where you lie on that though.

u want some crazy dreams??? like real crazy?? take chantix. its a pill to help people quit smoking. i guess its wicked. people quit takin it its so bad.

honestly i dont even want to tell you that. i believe dreams are very very important. i dont think you should take a drug that turns ur dreams into straight nightmares.

Lucid dreaming WILL work though. just go read about it real quick and learn how it works. itll tell u about the dream cycle and how its all about timing. if u wake up during the dream u will remember it. gott time it right or just get lucky.

by the way they say its gods will when you just awaken. you know not from an alarm clock or any other noise or what not. ;)

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
[No drug discussion in SO, thanks - n3o]

The easiest way to have a lot of dreams is to go back to bed a few hours after waking up after not getting enough sleep. You can use a site like onlinestopwatch.com opened in multiple browser windows to set an alarm off every 15 minutes or so. You'll keep dipping in and out of REM, and since you'll wake up right out of REM you'll remember the dreams better. Also, as you drift to sleep prime your memory by going over the last dream you remember and you'll be more likely to remember any dreams you have that night.

Take a Vitamin B Complex vitamin. They give vivid dreams.

Caffeine also does this, but a lot of people can't sleep when they intake caffeine before bed.

Vitamin B complex..

Dream diary..

5-HTP..

SSRI (please don't start taking just so you can remember your dreams)

Wake up a few times (set your alarm) at the times when you should be dreaming.. Immediately (might help to write yourself a note?) try to remember your dream.

Cheese? :p

The easiest way to have a lot of dreams is to go back to bed a few hours after waking up after not getting enough sleep. You can use a site like onlinestopwatch.com opened in multiple browser windows to set an alarm off every 15 minutes or so. You'll keep dipping in and out of REM, and since you'll wake up right out of REM you'll remember the dreams better. Also, as you drift to sleep prime your memory by going over the last dream you remember and you'll be more likely to remember any dreams you have that night.

Ah you beat me to it.. although an alarm every 15 minutes would stop me from sleeping atall :p

+1 on the nicotine patch suggestion. I've had the most ridiculous crazy dreams that i've woken up believing for about 5 minutes. I dreamed once I bought a dilapidated mansion, woke up, went downstairs and started telling my housemate that I thought it was a huge mistake and replacing the windows alone was going to cost about 40k. He told me to go back to bed. Try slapping on a 12 hr one about an hour before bed, or if you're feeling hardcore go for the 24hr.

Ah you beat me to it.. although an alarm every 15 minutes would stop me from sleeping atall :p
Yeah, the first one shouldn't go off until after you're pretty sure you can get to sleep. When I wake up after that first one I'm tired enough to get back to sleep fast. It's important that you not have enough sleep in the first place so you need an hour or more before you feel well-rested and ready to get up again.

I find right after an early morning lecture is a good time for this. Lucid dreams are also supposed to be easier to have after you stay up for a couple hours and go back to sleep (sleep paralysis is also supposed to be more likely during these times -- as is lucid dreaming you're outside of your body if you use the right cognitive techniques). I had an extremely fascinating vision after lying perfectly still for about a half hour and imagining how it would feel to get out of bed and walk around my room next to my bed over and over again. I was attempting a lucid out of body dream but the vision was far more interesting than that. It was of a pencil drawing of a house on top of a massive tree trunk. It gained color and became three dimensional. Then it became hyper-spatial and I felt like I was tumbling through space with severely mangled proprioception (the sense of the position of body parts in relation to each other), like my body was shredded to ribbons that each snaked through a hyperspatial labyrinth (a maze through space beyond three spatial dimensions). Within a few seconds I was so shocked that I started flailing my arms and lost the sensation. I wasn't until a similar but more intense vision on a combo of salvia and ayahuasca years later that I realized my first hyperspatial vision was had with no drugs at all. I tried the exercise a few more times unsuccessfully before giving up. I had thought such perceptions were impossible because our perceptions are molded by a three dimensional environment, so how could we imagine anything else, but apparently the sensation of dimensionality is more malleable than that.

I also had a program years ago that you could set a voice recording to say "You are sleeping" a few times before shutting off for however long you set it for before it says it again. It never worked for me but I certainly imagine it working better than not having a recording at all.

Last edited:
when I was in rehab I needed to wear earplugs when I was sleeping due to the fact both of my room mates snored horribly.

I experienced very vivid dreams when 'ear plugged up' and I remembered these dreams longer. I suspect the mild sensory deprivation attributed to this. Perhaps give this a try?

Melatonin always works for me. [No drug discussion in SO, thanks - n3o]

This entire thread is borderline inappropriate for Second Opinion but with a little bit of cleaning up I've decided to keep it in here. I'd like to remind everyone that Second Opinion is one of a few places on Bluelight where we don't allow the discussion of drugs. Anything drug-related can be discussed in any one of the many other sub-forums which house drug discussion, e.g. Basic Drug Discussion, Psychedelic Drugs, Drug Culture, etc etc.
Please read the Second Opinion guidelines if you need further clarification on this.

so insidon is a TCA while paroxetine is a SSRI. should be no problem combining them for better results, what do you think? not for dreaming but for increasing the effect of paroxetine and lorazepam...

Please, DO NOT do this without consulting your doctor first!! Psychiatric medications are serious shit and not to be messed around with if you don't 100% know what you're doing.

Dried rosemary. I steep a lot of it in a small jar with a couple drops of three or more different essential oils depending on my mood....lately I've been using orange flower , lemongrass and green tea. I add a bit of carrier oil [sweet almond oil] , mush everything up as best as I can and put some inside a small container that I keep under my pillow.

Don't knock it till you've tried it . I've had some of the craziest, most intense dreams with rosemary....and six hours of sleep feel like 15. I kid you not. :)

Also, Neo <3 just wanted to give you a big hug for all the cleaning up you've had to do here.
rosemary0207.jpg

This entire thread is borderline inappropriate for Second Opinion but with a little bit of cleaning up I've decided to keep it in here. I'd like to remind everyone that Second Opinion is one of a few places on Bluelight where we don't allow the discussion of drugs. Anything drug-related can be discussed in any one of the many other sub-forums which house drug discussion, e.g. Basic Drug Discussion, Psychedelic Drugs, Drug Culture, etc etc.
Please read the Second Opinion guidelines if you need further clarification on this.
I remember making an off color joke (not directed at any one person, more just an offensive idea to some) in another thread in here and being warned -- it was made in addition to constructive posts prior; I just never imagined the rules here were so different from the rest of the site (I guess because the forum title is the ambiguous "Second Opinion," instead of "Serious and Constructive Non-Drug Discussion Only Forum").

So many of the ways people here have experienced intense dreams are related to drug use--even the most recent recommendation to use rosemary could be construed as discussing drug use. Certainly the undeleted nicotine patch suggestion does (and if legal drugs can be talked about, my previous mention of a legal drug (DX...)I've used that's associated with having intense dreams should not have been deleted). I appreciate that there is a place on Bluelight with stricter rules and the enforcement of the mods, don't get me wrong, it's just that this topic should arguably be moved to Philosophy and Spirituality since they deal with dream questions regularly and the rules there don't preclude giving valid replies. At the moment this is like a less extreme version of a thread titled "How do I get high?" that has all replies except "hyperventilating and then choking yourself" removed because that doesn't involve drugs.

Try DMAE but not right before bed. Begin with a low dose, and take it in the morning. When I first started taking it it gave me a sore neck and stiff shoulders; so I backed off and increased the dose gradually, and that eliminated the stiffness. It gives me very vivid dreams with the added benefit of increased energy and focus during the day.

I just never imagined the rules here were so different from the rest of the site (I guess because the forum title is the ambiguous "Second Opinion," instead of "Serious and Constructive Non-Drug Discussion Only Forum").

It's all right there in the guidelines mate, and even in the forum description on the main forum listings page. The Lounge also has the "No drug discussion" rule so it's not exclusive only to SO.

So many of the ways people here have experienced intense dreams are related to drug use--even the most recent recommendation to use rosemary could be construed as discussing drug use. Certainly the undeleted nicotine patch suggestion does (and if legal drugs can be talked about, my previous mention of a legal drug (DX...)I've used that's associated with having intense dreams should not have been deleted). I appreciate that there is a place on Bluelight with stricter rules and the enforcement of the mods, don't get me wrong, it's just that this topic should arguably be moved to Philosophy and Spirituality since they deal with dream questions regularly and the rules there don't preclude giving valid replies. At the moment this is like a less extreme version of a thread titled "How do I get high?" that has all replies except "hyperventilating and then choking yourself" removed because that doesn't involve drugs.

P&S already has countless threads about dreams and while I agree with you that if this thread was moved over there the drug-discussion rule would be slightly less enforced, there is no reason why a thread like this can't exist in SO if people just adhere to the guidelines. I am well aware of the grey area of mentioning other "substances" like herbal supplements and legal drugs, but sometimes we bend the rules for the interest of generating good discussion.

If you would like to start a thread in Other Drugs to discuss which drugs create more intense dreams, by all means go for it! I think that would be quite an interesting discussion.