• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

maxpowers - thank u for that info, it was most interesting
if u really want to know why i type in shorthand, look up the thread in TDS 'where is justice?' - i went into it in the last post after closing the thread due to a minor flame war about my typing ;)

glad to hav solved a mystery in ur household too kytnism!!!

and maria - ur dreams sound most interesting......id luv to hav such a variety of colours in my dreams
who needs psychedelics wen u dream like that?

I've only had a few really vividly colored dreams that I can think of off the top of my head... like only 2 or 3 really. Most of mine that I can recall are in very muted colors, not quite black and white though, I dont think.

i've only dreampt in black and white. i want to dream in color so badly just to experience it.

this is kind of off topic but i've never had a dream with sound in it either. it never dawned on me that this was possible.

i dream in colour. i also have perfect eyesight in my dreams, whereas in real life, my eyesight is terrible.

i have flying dreams very frequently and it's always disappointing to wake up to realise that i can not actually fly.

i have a friend who has a persistent dream world - all her dreams take place in the same setting. various locations - shops, etc. - are present in all her dreams and she has long-standing relationships with many characters in her dream world.

alasdair

Truth be told, I've lost the ability to tell the difference between real life and dreams.

Too much lucid dreaming.

^^ I have this problem too Max. My dreams are always so vivid and realistic, and I remember them perfectly. I remember 4-5 dreams per night so it's often very confusing as to what happened in reality and what was just something I dreamt about...

and maria - ur dreams sound most interesting......id luv to hav such a variety of colours in my dreams
who needs psychedelics wen u dream like that?

true true! Of course it is not consistent...I dream every night, but I usually have very vivid, lifelike dreams at most 2-3 times a week. The other times I can barely remember my dreams an hour after waking, so I usually write it down in my diary (very short, a few lines ;))

A tip: You can try sleeping with some rosemary under your pillow (you can use fresh or dried...when I use dried, I steep it in a little Juba oil from the Bodyshop , you can use any oil you like) ...these give me fantastic lucid dreams. I cant speak for everyone though, but for me, rosemary is a fantastic dream aid.

rosemary.gif

How to get intense dreams?

Title says it all. Since i dont dream at all i'd like to know a way to intense dreaming which would be very entertaining and could me possibly help to get over some shit.

[It is against the harm reduction policy of Bluelight to recommend or facilitate you combining medications for recreational purposes. Please be more mindful of this in the future, thanks - n3o]

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no idea what any of those things are but i wouldn't advisetaking random drugs in hopes of having good dreams. sure it might work, but be sure that it's also quite stupid.

get some legitimate drugs, at least.

i'd advise that you practice lucid dreaming - as you gain skill with lucid dreaming you can craft your dreams and guide them whichever way you want. start by keeping a journal and pen on/by your bed. record your dreams (EVERYONE dreams. if you say that you don't deram, you si mply aren't remembering any.) as soon as you wake up - any movements will tear apart the memories that are the weak fabrics of dreams.

melatonin is as great OTC sleep aid that's known for inducing quite vivid dreams.

Mirtazapine (Remeron- Norset) gives me crazy dreams. But you can't take it with another AD like paroxetine - or so I think, but what do I know, I'm not a doctor.

^thanks for the tip with melatonin.
i tried practicing lucid dreaming, i even managed it to happen once :) quite funny stuff.

so insidon is a TCA while paroxetine is a SSRI. should be no problem combining them for better results, what do you think? not for dreaming but for increasing the effect of paroxetine and lorazepam...

^what's your avatar? is that a generic ativan?

opiates give me weird dreams. they feel really real. and they sometimes create that loop where you keep on waking up from one dream into another, to the point that when i actually do shake awake, i'm not sure if i am dreaming or not. but they are usually about doing everyday things. like i wake up, walk to the bathroom, start brushing my teeth, then i put the toothbrush down, and wake up.

pseudophed and nyquil + a cold gives me really weird dreams.

ambien feels really weird when you half wake up from dreaming in the middle of the night, but in the morning it is hard to remember what you were thinking of and what you were dreaming about during the night; you just know it was weird.

learn how to lucid dream. ive only had one so far but they feel so fuckin real. i got stuck in a lucid dream and couldnt wake up. it was weird

^what's your avatar? is that a generic ativan?

no its a huge 100,000mg chill pill =D

i dont know how to get all the stuff you mentioned. id like to try several drugs but im very anxious anyways so psychodelic drugs wont be my first choice.

thank you all for those information, i want to learn alot about drugs that hide reality.

try 5-htp,

Melatonin works really well. Same with Valerian root. And try eating a bunch of sweets and milk right before bed.

I always have crazy dreams after I stop smoking weed for a few days. Everyone I know does as well.

I always have crazy dreams after I stop smoking weed for a few days. Everyone I know does as well.

as far as inducing dreams,melatonin,valerian root//cyclobenzaprine effects some peoples dreams.
5HTP.

[No drug discussion in SO, thanks - n3o]
Everyone is has a different body chemistry.

I've had a few tried and true methods when I'm in the mood to up the awesome factor in my dreamscapes.

- Benadryl alone (50-125mg) [the dreams tended to be very realistic for me)
- Benadryl + Melatonin (equal low doses of each)
[No drug discussion in SO, thanks - n3o]

Any of the above in conjunction with the WILD technique (focusing on your breathing/hypnagogic imagery/generally trying to stay conscious as you fall asleep) definitely does wonders.

Happy dreaming dude.

Vitamin B-6, I don't know why it produces vivid dreams for sure, but the fact that it also lowers elevated prolactin makes me guess that it is some sort of dopamine agonist.

Speaking of prolactin, prolactin causes vivid dreams but both drugs that raise prolactin and getting pregnant to raise prolactin are probably impractical means of attaining vivid dreams.;)

The quit smoking drug chantix, champix causes vivid dreams. Nicotine patches worn when you sleep causes VERY vivid dreams ime. Prozac and a lot of psych meds cause vivid dreams.
You should read up on any of the prescription meds about dose safety and possible complications with any health problems you may have.