• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

i have a few. in one i'm on the ground and there's a heavy weight on me like being under a slab of concrete. it used to freak me out really bad when i was around 8, 10 years old but after so many years when it happens now i try to just relax into it and hope it shows me more so i have some understanding if it's past memory, future memory or not any kind of memory.

another one is about a house i feel like i've been in but i for sure know i haven't. it's so clear. i know the layout, the colors, the smells, everything about this house. if looks like people live there but no one does. idk where this house is but i both crave and fear having the dream.

although i don't have a specific dream about fire, fire is often a part of other dreams. fire freaks me and i'm not sure why. some trauma involving fire has not been a part this life but i suspect it may have been in some other space in time.
-izzy

I've had a couple.

1. My dad and I are escaping some sort of disaster (usually a tornado or flood) and we're pretty much the last people (as far as I can tell on Earth). I never found out by the end of the dream if we'd make it. Sometimes I'd lose my dad sometimes I wouldn't. This happened a lot when I was a teenager.

2. I'm driving my car and I'm with <enter close friend's name> and I'm going out of control. It's night, I can't see the road, I'm on an elevated highway and I'm starting to freak out. The person next to me is always calm and letting me know it will be ok. I'm confused why my passenger is so calm. We eventually do go off the road and fly in the air for what seems like centuries. We do finally land and we're perfectly fine and the car is fine. My passenger always says something like "see? I told you it'd be ok".

i don't have detail specific reoccurring dreams but i have theme specific reoccurring dreams. i constantly have dreams that i'm being chased by either; the government, a cult, a rapist, a murderer, or some kind of evil harmful organization with the intent of harming me. also, trapped in a large building full of people in which an evil organization or force is taking over and killing people off one by one.
kidnapping is a big one too.

it's terrible :|

the house that my best friend (who i've known since i was 1) lives in that i consider a home to me (only consistent place in my life really), is constantly a setting for my dreams. whether they are reoccurring nightmares that fit in to what i stated above or not..

When I was young I had a recurring dream involving bears. I have no clue why, as I've not lived anywhere with a bear population and I'm not particularly afraid of them (consciously, at least) but this dream kept recurring where I was being stalked around my house (inside and out) by this huge bear. What was weird is that I could remember the previous occurrences inside each dream, so I knew certain tactics to escape in subsequent dreams. Those were really weird!

I used to have this dream where I was in our former cottage with my mom; then she looks in my pocket and a knife flies in her eye. After that im in some weird colorful place where all the people I know are spinning around me.
The last dream I remember seeing included a glowing white humanoid like dude in a complete black space. I asked him why hes glowing and he said something like I cant survive in the sun otherwise(dont remember anything more).

somebody PLEASE tell me what these mean!! i have these dreams frequently and Ive had them for years
1)on a beach with a very very steep dune, either tide is rising insanely fast,or there is a tidal wave coming, i have to try to get up the dune but i cant , i keep slipping back towards the beach as a wall of water is coming towards me

2)Im eating glass, (whatever i eat in the dream turns to glass in my mouth) and i can feel it cutting my mouth and i can feel the little pieces getting stuck in my gums and i can taste the blood, i try to spit it out i think but by that point my mouth is totally cut up and bleeding and there is glass stuck everywhere

3) A rabid cat bites my wrist really hard and wont let go, i try to get it off a million different ways and its just stuck there, gnawing on my arm...
So yeah, if anyone can shed some light on those monstrosities i would love some feedback!

The first "dream" is like my worst nightmare. (I have R word phobia)........
But it may be that there is something in your life that you have caged in a sense that has the potential to escape or a fear that if you let go of ,whatever it is, it can overwhelm you and the nipping would represent it being a bad overwhelm..........???

The beach one sounds nice :)
Maybe you need a little escape sometimes.

The last dream seems like you have this sort of hope to leave a situation but the passport being left is your tie to not get out of that situation.....?

Right on all counts, missy. Thing is, I'm so overly self-aware that I pretty much knew what they represented anyway. I guess I just wanted to hear someone elses perspective. And I kinda knew it'd be you. :)

somebody PLEASE tell me what these mean!! i have these dreams frequently and Ive had them for years
1)on a beach with a very very steep dune, either tide is rising insanely fast,or there is a tidal wave coming, i have to try to get up the dune but i cant , i keep slipping back towards the beach as a wall of water is coming towards me

2)Im eating glass, (whatever i eat in the dream turns to glass in my mouth) and i can feel it cutting my mouth and i can feel the little pieces getting stuck in my gums and i can taste the blood, i try to spit it out i think but by that point my mouth is totally cut up and bleeding and there is glass stuck everywhere

3) A rabid cat bites my wrist really hard and wont let go, i try to get it off a million different ways and its just stuck there, gnawing on my arm...
So yeah, if anyone can shed some light on those monstrosities i would love some feedback!

Sounds to me like you have a fear of being out of control. You want to fight your way through situations, but always feel like it's too much of a struggle to cope with?. Perhaps you're craving some support in your life?.

Why am I remembering my dreams ?

I thought i might post this here as it seems the right & appropiate place and SO has some interesting opinions overall (move so if needs be mods)

Ok, so I use cannabis each day, I enjoy using it, it helps me with creative flare and pondering life etc. I know cannabis is known to block dreaming, well not block but render the brain un-able to remember dreams. but i am dreaming and rememering it! why is this ?

For example today I do remember waking up and going back to sleep in late hours of morning, I had a very weird dream which involved me being with this goblin sort of witch who was crushing up these peach seeds and putting them in peoples drinks which turned them into peach trees and I was the sidekick to my horror & disbelief ?

I wont go into much more detail as my trip reports are messed up yet alone my dreams, but my question is why am I remembering these dreams if i smoke alot of cannabis, am i lucid dreaming in a way by waking up and going back to sleep in late hours of morning or what ? This has been happening quite abit recently (thinking it might have something to do with sleeping in, easter holidays of from college lol)

Any answers or suggestions i would love to read :)

Last edited:
Probably because you are waking up.. thinking ah fuck it and going back to sleep.. entering straight into a dream, while not sleeping for very long and waking during the dream..

It's a good way to start lucid dreaming..

vibrancy3 said:
render the brain un-able to remember dreams
i think it's likely that this is just nonsense.

i* smoke pot and remember my dreams all the time.

alasdair

* i recognise that i am a sample of 1

Yeah i was starting to think i was doing some sort of lucid dreaming... ?

Fair enough if you do (i would love that) but if im waking at certain time i dont remember my dreams, sorry if it sounds like nonesense

i dont remember my dreams
so are you or are you not remembering your dreams?

some people remember dreams and some people don't. some people remember their dreams some of the time, some none of the time and some all of the time.

so, you remember your dreams? so what?

alasdair

First, peach pits contain cyanide so please don't help goblins crush them up and put them in people's drinks.

Dream recall has so many variables that I don't think there are any absolute rules. Some substances are notorious for causing vivid dreams. Many have a reputation for causing less dream recall but evidence for that attribute tends to be weaker than for substances that are apt to cause vivid dreams. Individual response to substances is going to be varied regardless of a drugs general profile and many other situations are going to be of influence (diet, how much sleep you get, the sleeping environment, health, maybe genetics, maybe dream recall and non-recall has to do with habit, etc)

Beyond the peach pit issue I think fraternizing with goblins could be a bad idea.

I remember hearing somewhere that dream recall has a lot to do with the state of sleep you're in when you wake up. Waking up in a particular state makes you much more likely to recall the dream. Not sure which state it was.

nice avi vibrancy i love that pic.

I'm the same way. I smoke weed and tend to better remember my dreams when i have them after waking up and going back to sleep.

There was this study that proved.... oh wait nvm.... we dont study marijuana.

am i lucid dreaming in a way by waking up and going back to sleep in late hours of morning or what ?

Yeah i was starting to think i was doing some sort of lucid dreaming... ?

Lucid dreaming does not mean simply remembering your dreams. If you are lucid dreaming that means are specifically aware that you are inside of a dream and then you must take control of what is happening to you in said dream. Anything else is just plain dreaming.

As alasdairm mentioned, cannabis affects people differently so you may not have any trouble remembering your dreams whereas others do. For me, weed intensifies the clarity of my dreams, making them more vivid and thus memorable, quite similar to your situation.

Your herpa has overlapped with your derpa creating a slight implant into your short term memory so that you are temporarily capable of remembering your previous nights dreams shortly after waking.

Dreams: picking up where you left off

This morning I woke up for about 15 minutes, smoked a cigarette, and since I didn't have shit to do today I went back to sleep. When I fell back asleep it seemed as if my dream picked up exactly where it left off when I woke up 15 minutes prior. I mean it had the same people, in the same place, and it was basically like part 2 of the dream.

I know having recurring dreams is possible, but I didn't think "resuming" a dream was. From the not so vast information I know about dreams I know that you can't really control what it is your dreaming about, and they're hard to, if ever, retain the information from a dream, plus you can remember a dream best when you first wake up, and the longer you stay awake the more your memory of it deteriorates

But has anyone had it where waking up is basically like pausing a dream, and you resume it once you go back to sleep?

I wouldn't say that I've had it happen exactly like that, but definitely something similar. I've had a dream resume after it being stopped but instead of it being the next time I go to sleep it resumed around a week later. The dream was very interesting so I kept memory of it and I guess how significant the dream was in my mind caused it to be resumed. It's really weird though imo.