• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

I feel like this has happened to me recently. I have been getting up and falling back to sleep about 15min after but only for an hr or 2. Everytime i fall back asleep it seems like i pick up in the dream i awoke from but only very shortly, eventually things start to shift around and jump and it turns into a totally different dream

I've always wished this could happen to me, but I;ve never been able to make it happen. This one time I was having the sickest sex dream of all time. This girl was the hottest girl I've ever seen, and she was sucking me off giving me the best blowjob ever and screaming while i fucked her.

My mom woke me up during this and I was extremely angry, slammed the door, went back to sleep, and fucken dreamt about being chased by bees or some insect that i dont even remember. SUCKS.

I know I read about this somewhere else... Maybe check out the dreams / lucid dreams threads around the board (esp. in SO)? (Use the search engine!)

^^ I thought about that but i was trying to reach more people and be more specific than in a mega thread. If you really think it belongs there feel free to move it :)

Homeless -> SO

Considered P&S but thought it might fit better here. Let's see how it goes :)

I have this happen quite regularly but the dream always ends up taking a dramatic change in course.. Like it will come back as the same dream but will blend into a completely different 'storyline' pretty soon after the resumption of the dream

This happens to me fairly often too. But Like Volundr, things are usually different somehow.

But has anyone had it where waking up is basically like pausing a dream, and you resume it once you go back to sleep?

Yes.

When I was really into lucid dreaming a few years ago, this is actually a technique that enables oneself to re-enter the dream world while still keeping the lucidity of your waking state alive rather easily. Try it sometime and happy travels, mate. :)

But has anyone had it where waking up is basically like pausing a dream, and you resume it once you go back to sleep?

Personally, no - but I'm not the most experienced dream engineer. I have been reading a bit recently, though. It would seem that influencing one's own dreams is not so far-fetched after all :)

I've had this happen to me.

Makes one really wonder about the collective unconscious and its effect on mood stability.

I often have dreams about my father and my childhood, along with other traumatic memories. I plan on undergoing psychotherapy, hypnosis, and a proper sleep study to figure these things out. It's just too fun a mystery not to explore.

This happened to me this morning, although it seemed like i could pick up intentionally right where the dream left off but with only a few differences. Certain objects in my dream being replaced like a necklace with a statue or something along those lines. Hard to explain.

I think the brain is able to pick up dreams where it left off if you haven't completely made the shift into wakefulness yet.
as in you haven't started worrying about the day or planning or cooking breakfast etc, so long as the memory of the dream is still very strong you should be able to do it by laying back down and drifting back to sleep with the conceptualization of the dream in your mind. Works for me anyway sometimes.

This happens to me often if I only half wake up, and sometimes if I fully do. It's not something i put conscious effort in to, if i do I'm bound to dream something else instead.

Question about a reoccuring dream! PleaseHelp.

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. Before him, I was with my ex for 4 years. My ex, treated me terribly. And so, I reconnected with my current bf as a friend just to see how things would go. (We were friends a few years back) And it ended up being great! So we started dating. And I love him so much! We have alot in common.

Okay. But the thing is, is that I keep having these dreams about my ex. As if we are still going out. But I know that it's the wrong choice. You know? (In real life AND in my dream) And so, in my dream, I'm not happy about it at all. I keep thinking about my bf and how I'm just hurting him by being with my "ex". And then I end up being grossed out by being with him. And try and find my bf ASAP!

Remember this is all just a dream. Lol. I would NEVER get back with my ex. Especially since I found such a great guy! I would'nt ruin my chances with him for anything! I'm just kind of wondering what this dream means. It confuses me! And pisses me off that I keep dreaming about my ex!!! I want it to stop :! Lol.

:)

I've had very dreams the reoccurred with very similar themes before. And I always end up feeling really gross about it and even kinda guilty. As if I had cheated on my boyfriend.

But you shouldn't worry. I think if anything your sub-continuously realizing just how trully unhappy you were with you past relationship. I'm not one of those people who has any control of my dreams, and they are at time far too real, but you have to tell yourself when you wake up feeling gross any regretful that it was a dream.

Perhaps you in some way blame yourself inside for staying with the past relationship for as long as you did. I'm not sure exactly what went down, but it seems likely your brain is just comparing the situations. Do you think thats possible?

I have a dream book, I looked it up and it says " To see your ex in your dream suggests that you are comparing yourself to the ex. The dream is telling you not to make the same relationship mistakes that ended this relationship." well it says a lot more then that, but that is the jist of it.

Tell your new partner about them - Usually once these things are shared they no longer happen or have the same effect on you. You have a lot of bad memories about your ex and these are obviously manifesting themselves via your dreams.

Choose your words carefully though - don't just blurt out, I'm having dreams about my ex (as this could be mis understood). Think more along the lines of ' you have no idea how happy/safe/secure/alive you make me feel, I've had this odd dream about my ex/ my life before you and I can't believe how things have changed.

I have a dream book, I looked it up and it says " To see your ex in your dream suggests that you are comparing yourself to the ex. The dream is telling you not to make the same relationship mistakes that ended this relationship." well it says a lot more then that, but that is the jist of it.

I find that dreambooks cannot always be counted on for answers. I used to have a ton because I am fascinated with dreams, but as I studied philosophy in school I learned about how the symbolism of ones subconscious is totally relative to that individual. A cup to one person can mean a totally different thing to a person from a different culture or upbringing.

I find that dreambooks cannot always be counted on for answers. I used to have a ton because I am fascinated with dreams, but as I studied philosophy in school I learned about how the symbolism of ones subconscious is totally relative to that individual. A cup to one person can mean a totally different thing to a person from a different culture or upbringing.

I agree, I was just stating what is in the book, not that it should be taken as gospel or even sound advice :)