• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

I had this dream too and 6 months later i lost my front teeth

Naptown Wicked said:
Do you grind your teeth in your sleep? I was researching teeth grinding cuz my wife does it at night and drives me crazy! :( Anyway, I read that people who grind often have dreams of loosing their teeth

I do! Well more than "grind" I intensely clench my jaw together. I have tmj and its worse some times rather than others.

i only dream in black and white?

i dont normally venture out of TDS but i was having an argument with my bf over this and figured id try and get a second opinion from others on BL (as we r the most intelligent beings ;))

the title, to owe them some credit, comes from an iron maiden song i luv, but back to the topic

my bf reckons that almost evryone dreams in black and white - he thinks hes an amazing being cos he dreams in colour

the thing is.....i dream in colour too, and so does my mother
i havnt asked anyone else IRL but we see the world in colour so why wudnt we dream in colour?
im skeptical to believe him

yes ive used the search engine and found nothing on this - anyone else dream in colour or does evryone really dream in black and white?????

btw if u dont like the fact i type shorthand....there is a reason i do this (not going into it) so if u dont like it plz just dont answer my OP :\
thanks

I've heard of people dreaming in black and white...I should try this the next time I go lucid!

Most people dream in color. On occasion I have dreams with a sepia hue...

You're always welcome in SO DW :) <3

I dream prodominantly in colour, but I also dream in black and white occasionally.
More often in colour though :)

Tell Paul I said he's a dingbat!
j/k =D
Where did he hear it from, that most people only dream in black and white?

I used to dream in black and white when I was very little. Now I dream in color.

yes ive used the search engine and found nothing on this - anyone else dream in colour or does evryone really dream in black and white?????

i haven't used the search engine, so my belief is only a guess. but here it is anyhow. most of the dreams i remember are in color, and i think there is probably a connection right there. you don't remember the majority of your dreams, because they occur during the deeper sleep cycles. so you probably have more control over the ones that occur right when you fall asleep, or right when you wake up, and those are mostly the color ones you recall. but if you were in a sleep study where you are hooked up to machines, and they monitor the cycles and someone wakes you up during the deeper, active phases, it's possible that those would be in b&w.

I dream in color.

It's looking like you'll have to tell Paul that the b&w-ers are more "special".

yes, kc, i think it is ;)
i dunno where the fuck he got that one from - ill ask him!
thanks for the answers!

I dream in color, and sometimes I dream in black and white, and there are times my dreams are bathed in a monochromatic color with various tints, usually apple green.

yes, kc, i think it is ;)
i dunno where the fuck he got that one from - ill ask him!
thanks for the answers!

Maybe he was thinking of animals? I would assume they'd only dream in black and white (or close to it) because they don't see in as much colour as we do?

Twelve percent of people dream only in black and white. Studies from 1915 through to the 1950s maintained that the majority of dreams were in black and white, but these results began to change in the 1960s. Today, only 4.4% of the dreams of under-25 year-olds are in black and white. Recent research has suggested that those changing results may be linked to the switch from black-and-white film and TV to color media.

sources:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...ite-TV-generation-have-monochrome-dreams.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15612605

I still would like to know why you "must" type in shorthand. Not that I'm bothered by it, just curious is all.

i dream in black in white.

and like your SO, thought it was perfectly normal and that those who dream in colour were advanced somehow.

thanks to this thread DW a mystery in our house will also be resolved (even though my SO wins and will make me pay heftily for it ;)).

...kytnism...:|