• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Cheese Thread

various goats cheese's are near the top of my list; nothing better than a greek salad with plenty of feta, olives, olive oil/balsamic and french loaf or ciabatta.

My favourites are all stinky blue cheeses though, the sweatier the better!

I'm not a particular fan of cheese except for cheese mixed with baked beans.

My blackbirds do like a nibble at some mild cheddar tho.

Mmmm cheese. I like cheese. Of the ones mentioned so far, I'm a fan of goat's (and sheep's) cheese (hard and soft) and proper mature Cheddar (not the rubbery mass-produced crap - a nice crumbly one) is very hard to beat. I'm also partial to Wensleydale and Caerphilly. And most other cheeses. Except Edam - rubbery milk wrapped in wax does nothing for me.

I see eDDe likes Babybel (horrid stuff :p). My only run-in with Babybels is that when I was in France on a school trip I, grudgingly, brought little souvenirs back for the family. I got my brother (the one that I just don't get on with) a bag of Babybels, not realizing they were Dutch. Doh! 8)

A fine cheesy treat can be made by getting yourself some nice tomatoes, cutting them in half, sprinkling with Stilton (expensive but delish) and baking until unctuous. Breadcrumbs can be added for crunchiness. Yummy :).

Mmmm :)

I've developed a liking for what I can only describe as 'Desert Cheeses', to finish off a meal rather than a sweet, such as Cheshire with Ginger, while I've always liked Getost, the Norwegian cheese that is more like Caramac than anything else :D

I must admit a similar prediliction for those cheeses with "something" in. Ginger, as mentioned and also various fruity things - apricots seem to be popular, as do redcurrants. And, of course, chilli :).

It tends to be more of a Christmas kinda thing with me, but that's probably cos the shops are heaving with those sort of cheeses that time of year. A good cheeseboard with a nice selection of crackers is very hard to beat :).

I am intrigued by this Getost. I've never heard of it (the local Co-op doesn't have the most inspiring range - lots of decent local Welsh cheeses though) but went through an inordinate amount of Caramac as a nipper. It could be my idea of cheesy heaven :D.

^ Thanks :).

Hmm. Apparently only sold in Waitrose and there's not one around here. A little judicious Googling may well come into effect if I feel a cheese-needing moment take over me. It has been known :).

Hmm. Smoked cheese - yum yum indeed :D.

Quite partial to a Boursin too actually :).

Fishface said:
Mmmm :)
I've developed a liking for what I can only describe as 'Desert Cheeses'

Didn't know they made cheese in the desert now! =D
I prefer dessert cheeses meself! ;)

entheogenius said:
A fine cheesy treat can be made by getting yourself some nice tomatoes, cutting them in half, sprinkling with Stilton (expensive but delish) and baking until unctuous. Breadcrumbs can be added for crunchiness. Yummy :).

Works well with portobello mushrooms too!

'Desert Cheeses'

Made from camels milk fishface :D - ignore these mockers & naysayers & pretend that's you meant that all along. ;)

Treacle said:
Smoked applewood

+1. Also called Ilchester. Where is Ilchester??

Love the fancy ones which only seem to appear at Christmas with bits of Pineapple and such like in them.

Most mass produced cheddar is rubbish but we have one in Wales called Cadog which is the best I've found. We also have one called Snowdonia Black Bomber which is expensive and lovely.

Only eat mature cheese. Cannot see the point of mild cheese.