• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Set and Setting Thread

Wherever i feel comfortable; outside on the deck night or day, on the beach night time or day time, in a blacklight poster covered back room, with close friends weed and n20 a must.

I've also went camping intending to trip in places like the grand canon north side, Yosemite national park, Big Basin Redwoods State Park, Kings Canyon National Park with the giant Sequoia trees, and lots of grateful dead concerts, Rainbow gathering etc...

Cheers

Last edited:
Normaly I would go camping (nothing beats camping on acid) But, once we filmed ourselves and that turned out to be a great idea, loads of lols everytime I watch it.

When I take acid alone, I usually chill in my backyard in pitch blackness with my ipod. Just sit there listening to music, watching all the shadow people surround me.

Lock myself away from reality, put on some music and go to another world for 8-12 hours.

Mmmm.... There's the stay in room with music and enter another world approach. I'm not sure I like that best, though it's certainly fun.

Long walks are great, as is just generally being outside, particularly at night.

Outside during the day with some friends also tripping is great, though a rarity for me.

Funny that someone mentioned hammocks; When my friends and I rented a cabin on a lake and ate fungus, we had a great time with the hammock, and it made me really want one.

READ POETRY!!! I find that poetry just sort of comes to me when im on acid. Without having to re-read, or stop and think about it, I can just get it. I would suggest reading at least 'West Running Brook' by Robert Frost, or 'Song of Myself' by Walt Whitman. Both are pretty far out and go well with the psychedelic experience.

That or go hiking in some place thats very clearly defined thats pretty much impossible to get lost at.

Various things, depending on company and what kind of trip I'm looking for.

My first acid trip I went solo, and just sat inside at night, illuminated only by lava lamps, listening to music, smoking a few joints, examining my surroundings and writing down my thoughts as the experience progressed.

On most acid trips I will want to spend a good portion of the time outside. Sitting somewhere with a nice view, taking long walks, admiring the nature - I often feel very uncomfortable being indoors for long periods of time on acid. Most of the time I'll wander around, listen to music, have insightful conversations with co-trippers, make a quality sexy time with my girlfriend, and stuff like that.

For purely introspective trips I'll take a few hits and then just start randomly walking, away from the city centres and congregations of people. I'll head for an isolated spot and stay there with my thoughts, my feelings, my music, and a pack of cigarettes (or better yet, a few spliffs).

Most of the time i listen to music while exploring the things around me, random objects ( knifes, pencils, laser pointers, balls ) will be picked up and looked at trough lots of angels and then to be put down to take up the next. I think acid is a lot about exploring the things to the deepest corners of your mind.

There is not much I don't enjoy doing on acid. It really depends on where I am. Dancing a storm at in front of a speaker stack while camping at a doof, long bike rides along bike paths in beautiful locations, swimming in the surf watching the fractals swirl around me as wave after wave washes me under, long walks through national parks, swinging in the hammock in front of a fire pit in our backyard, an afternoon watching bad 80's videos or playing video games, a picnic with good cheeses and cakes, synchronising ipods then strolling through the local art gallery precinct.

The only constant is sex. I have to retire at some stage and experience mind blowing melding of our bodies that can last for at least an hour. :D

For me there is only one constant and that's meditation/concentration... everything else varies...

Camping 4 shrooms/ more natural remedies... this is a must 4 me... maybe a connecting with nature thing?
LSD however is always done in a pre planned specialy set up enviornment either alone or wit one or 2 non fuckwit people whom i consider friends.
LSA was recently tried where rules were: no leaving the room except to piss, lots of laying in bed expanding thoughts and mind and just i spose toataly devoted to my self and working things out i needed worked out within my self...
i now feel reborn:D
so yer thats my imput :)

Agreed on camping + shrooms.

For acid, I find the best results are with either a comfortable environment like a preconfigured lounge room, or an adventurous task for yourself and friends (adventuring alone not recommended)

In a friends back yard where one can build a nice bon fire as well drink a few brews. Kick back in some lawn chairs or what not. Go adventure around the field.

If not there i have 4acres of property to roam anyway :) Great for camping, chilling. Finally moved a mobile home out there.

One good thing to do on LSD is do something entirely out of your mind/the ordinary, like ghost writing or creative stretching, picking up a brand new instrument and begin to learn it, just pop your mind, if you learn something or experience something the first time on LSD you could develop a strong memory towards it and be filled with wonder. possibly lay in bed, eyed closed and record an audio journal of the trip, since the most mindbending thoughts can fade away try to come out of the trip with something alien

One come-up, something that is interesting enough to keep your interest, but doesn't involve a TV screen or too much thought/focus. Do that, and don't think about the trip, and then suddenly you'll find yourself tripping and feeling great and not needing something to do.

Music and darkness are great.

Bedroom by far is my favorite. Its familiar, and comfortable. My room is about 20x12 and therefore there is enough room to be retarded. Plus I have an attached bathroom so I dont have to travel far.

I put on music, kill ALL the lights, only the power LEDs on my speakers and my cable modem are lit up.

My infinite playlist for music is pretty rad, Its got lots of electronic but then theres some spiritual rock (thrice) in there. Very cool. I feel just spot on when listening to it all.

My best trip was after the Steelers beat the Ravens in OT this year. I love the Steelers and riding that euphoria into my trip just set things up perfectly.

I love to listen to Thrice while tripping. Their songs seem to translate well to that headspace.