• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Set and Setting Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVanXFKS8DM&feature=related
i cant imagine anything better than this to be honest! iv tripped many times and this would be the best thing i could dream of!

watch it and tell me you dont agree??

doing that listening to some deep music

i remember that being the first video i saw while coming up on my first trip, as part of a boards of canada music video.... was frekking amazing then, still is.

and clint mansell as a soundtrack is a must with any deep trip

^^^ great minds think alike!! imagine the feeling! just the whole experience would be fcuking immense!!

grab a hardware synthesizer, with knobs for the parameters, and a keyboard for the notes... plug headphones in....

Hold one note down, slowly change all the parameters of the synthesizer while holding that one note down. Listen to the sound evolve, and feel it entering your ears, rearranging the functionality of your brain to the point where it then moves throughout your body causing you to feel like the sounds you are creating, then once this has blown your mind, focus on the way your body feels giving feedback to your brain and thus changing the way you are thinking about and thus changing the parameters on the synthesizer, go back and forth from your mind controlling the synthesizer, and the synthesizer controlling your mind....

I have spent entire acid trips with headphones and synthesizer in hand, and I just had a shitty little korg electribe ea-1 , would have loved to do this with a real analog, no an analog modeling synth.

Music. It just gives so much more dimension to music i find it impossible to do anything else but listen if theres a song playing close by and I'm tripping.

I'm just reading this thread now and going back to an old post. For a guy whose grammar and spelling wasn't the greatest, Youkai sure was insightful.

(On DXM and THC and don't want to come down; what a fantastic combination!)

This will be entertaining and more then likely lead other people to new fausets of cognitive shifts in which to enjoy/learn mroe about your self through various alternitive ways of taking psychedelics. (set and setting)

Im prob not the one to do this as Im fucking retarded dumb when it comes to grammer and spelling but I'll give it a try and lay it out on how this can help people in finding new ways to take psychedelics/entheogens/sacriments/and recreational drugs.

If you just crawed out from udner a psychedelic rock then "Set" reffers to you mind, that other side of reality. Its basicly thought and self, and in and befor the psychedelic experience it is grouped by intentions, expectations, stabilty, conscious mind and sub conscious mind, beliefs and how much you hold faith in those beliefs and so forth (this is discussion so add mroe if you wish). "setting" reffers to enviroment, precieved outer realy. some key factors in this group are people, animals, plants, music, art, sensory depression (isolation tank/closet..), time of day, time of year, architecture and so forth.

In order to helpother find new ways of exploring the psychedelic experience I say we also discuss ways in which you have taken them and what an be achived from them in certine deliberate set and settings. Lets face it, reality/life what ever you wnat to call this ever ending dialog of experience, it has MANY faces, I argue an infinate number of them. And nothing is always as it seems. ;)

basicly, I think we need a discussion on differentw ay we can manipulate set adn setting to alter an experience greatly from the next simply by consiously changing our set and setting for different "truths"

Set and Settings are not always constant, experiences can vary even when all seems right. I chalk that up for "sometimes it is, others it's not" but some of the examples shown can be used to your advantage. Be careful in what ever you do with the information in this thread.

-----------------------------------

Subthreads:

Day vs. Night?

I was searching for a thread like this and...here it is.

A lot of it got kind of off topic but I like the direction the OP was trying to get to. So here's a late contribution, specifically for those who don't really understand what "set and setting" exactly means when someone says it to them.

Set: This is a huge factor. It's an umbrella term covering who you are, how you feel, what you've been through, how your mind state is, how your health is, how your body responds to substances, what you know and what substances you have taken.
One can fill in the blanks for each question, and after mentioning the psychedelic that was taken, it will be easier to analyze any problems or concerns someone may have. It will also be easier to figure out how to take psychedelics and enjoy them. I would say this "set" factor is the most important reason that there is such a variation of effects between users of the same substance.

Setting: Where you are, how you feel about the location you're at, who you're with and the time of day. This can also have a drastic impact, good or bad, on a psych trip. Generally, this is more controllable than your set so this seems to have less unpredictability. Simply take into account how comfortable you feel in certain environments and if you want to trip with the people you're around. Also try to be in a safe environment where it is not necessary for you to have to be sober, or do anything too important for the duration of the trip.

If one does what they can to prepare themselves for optimal "set and setting" conditions, it will greatly increase the chance of an enjoyable trip.