• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Set and Setting Thread

long walks through nature settings are perfect. Also, parks and nature intertwined with human architecture. I find crowds a bit hard to handle.

If looking for a more intimate location, music playing while lying on my back looking at the cieling waving my arms around. ;)

Not very inventive i know, but why fix something that aint broken

if you are very experienced with the drug you'll be using, watching movies whilst full blown tripping is pretty awesome for me. it helps having another experienced friend or two with you.... they can even be tripping too. there's strength in numbers here, so long as everyone can stay cool and low key about being on a +++ dose of a powerful psychedelic whilst in the midst of a large crowd at a movie theater on a friday night.

dissociatives and psychedelics work equally well... in particular, action movies that would other wise be pretty crappy become strangely awesome on dissociatives (Terminator: Salvation and 2012 both blew my mind... two zicams about an hour before hitting the movie theater, each time)... and we all know what kind of movies psychedelics are good for. :)

The absolute best thing to do on LSD.(in your opinion)

Haven't seen one of these threads, thought it would be a good idea.
also i picked up lucy yesterday and wanted some sick ideas(call me selfish).

so ill start this off with hiking.

Wait till the trip has started to peak, turndown the lights, light some incense, and play YES's utterly perfect trip album CLOSE TO THE EDGE from beginning to end, over speakers... LOUD!!!

Your life will never be the same.

Seriously.

This is some phenomenally powerful shit, filled with True Magic... I am convinced some kind of holy spirit was possessing these guys when they made this.

There is NOTHING that comes even remotely CLOSE in deep awesome spiritually uplifting total insight and pure power than this one record in all of history.

Remembering this music and humming to myself, remembering times I had tripping with deep soul-mate friends long ago... feeling things and actually seeing transcendental bonds so potent I never imagined such things were possible, is bringing tears to my eyes even now... I want to hug the people who made this... thank God they were put on the Earth in order to make this for us.

In case you are young and never heard this check this out, prepare to be astonished... I bet you can't NOT shed tears of utter joy at the beginning of "Close To The Edge" Part 2 (of course only AFTER hearing Part 1) so special, so perfect. And of course "And You And I", equally utterly amazing. So intimate and touching like somehow they KNOW your inner soul, then so huge and epic...

Close to the Edge: The SolidTime of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up Anderson, Howe 18:42
And You and I: Cord of Life/Eclipse/The Preacher the Teacher/ApocalypseWakeman Anderson, Bruford, Howe, Squire 10:08
Siberian Khatru Anderson, Howe 8:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xNhksHyXI&feature=related Close To The Edge, Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WunYz7Io-68&feature=related Close To The Edge, Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuiI0kV4joQ&feature=related And You And I

The epic organ passage beginning in And You And I at 4:30, then with Anderson's soaring-above-the-clouds vocal of

Coming quickly to terms of all expression laid
Emotions revealed as the ocean maid
As a movement regained and regarded both the same
All complete in the sight of seeds of life with you

Holy mother of God, I dont know what it means but I am flabergasted, overwhelmed every time, such intense emotion....

Great play by play description of And You And I from the YouTube page, and Wikipedia -

And You and I, need I say more. This is a song for the ages. I am not sure why I never wrote a description. It is a life changing, life forming, life giving song, that is PERFECT in so many ways. As a traveler and a teacher of sorts and a preacher of sorts, I know all too well.

From Wikipedia:

I. Cord of Life
The song opens with Steve Howe tuning his guitar, and his voice can be heard at the beginning of the track, then playing mostly natural harmonics, played around what will become the central melody, using a 12-string Acoustic guitar which quickly forms into a simple chord progression over distant organ chords. Then, the Moog comes, sounding like a child's instrument, for a simple solo, which presents us the main theme of the next part, but in a completely different arrangement. After that, the vocals begin at about 1:40. The line "All Complete in the sight of seeds of life with you" is spoken, which is repeated throughout the song. At about 2:50, there's an utter change: Anderson sings a sharper melody, accompanied by a second vocal track by Anderson harmonizing with himself, plus Chris Squire and Steve Howe providing a counter-melody and alternate lyrics, with their voices fed through a Leslie Speaker.

II. Eclipse is the slowest part of the song based on a measured and deliberate melody reminiscent of Sibelius. It is led by Rick Wakeman's epic Mellotron and Minimoog synthesizer. The lyrics are all from the first stanza of "The Cord of Life", but are sung in a different melody, which is also epic and slightly sad. Finally ending with the 12-string acoustic guitar leading into "The Preacher, The Teacher".

III. The Preacher The Teacher: The melody and lyrical structure is very similar (for the most part) to that of "The Cord of Life", with some variations. The exception is that "The Preacher, The Teacher" has a fast synthesizer solo by Rick Wakeman at one point during the song.

Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time
Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme
There'll be no mutant enemy we shall certify
Political ends as sad remains will die
Reach out as forward tastes begin to enter you
Oooh, ooh

I listened hard but could not see
Life tempo change out and inside me
The preacher trained in all to lose his name
The teacher travels, asking to be shown the same
In the end we'll agree, we'll accept, we'll immortalize
That the truth of man maturing in his eyes
All complete in the sight of seeds of life with you

The last stanza again consists of lines from "The Cord of Life", now sung in a different order and a completely different mood. At 8:34 there is a reprise of the previous section "Eclipse", which lasts until 9:12. The section ends with a cadenza-like orchestral statement, on Mellotron and Moog, reminiscent of neo-Wagnerian compositions from Strauss or Bruckner.
IV. Apocalypse is the shortest piece of the song, only about 40 seconds long, it consists only of four lines, accompanied only by Howe's guitars. The lyrics are taken from "Cord of Life", but are sung in the key of B, making them more upbeat:

And you and I climb, crossing the shapes of the morning
And you and I reach over the sun for the river
And you and I climb, clearer towards the movement
And you and I called over valleys of endless seas

Last edited:
Music + Nature. Trees, clouds, everything moving, breathing, living to the music.

Dwayne those are some pretty good pieces of music there don't get me wrong, but I think your description is a bit hyperbolic, maybe based on emotional attachment stemming from a psychedelic experience? ;)

ride a bike.

smoke grass.

music.

converse with friends.

make music.

Dwayne those are some pretty good pieces of music there don't get me wrong, but I think your description is a bit hyperbolic, maybe based on emotional attachment stemming from a psychedelic experience? ;)

But of course! =D

Sooo.... have YOU ever listened to Close To The Edge start to end during a strong intense trip?

If so you would find the expressions are simply true, and not hyperbolic or exaggerated in the least.

If you never did hear Close To The Edge at the peak of a good intense trip (ON A PROPER CD ON A GOOD LOUD REAL STEREO, NOT CRAPPY YOUTUBE!) then please DO SO, and then get back to us on whether my words were overexaggerated or simply real.

When tripping, this music is 100 times more powerful than you might imagine it to be if you only heard it non tripping... there REALLY IS something SPECIAL about the way it is put together that has a very magical effect on the tripping mind... I cannot explain it, you just have to experience it that way to know what I mean... it really burrows deep into to heart and soul unlike anything else I ever heard.

And I have heard ALOT of music while tripping, dude, over like multiple decades of tripping... ALOT, in many genres, and I still regard this one as on its own pinnacle, towering above all others in perfecton, profundity and deep emotional/ spiritual significance (perhaps there are a few others that might come close). Google the album and look for some reviews and you will find MANY MANY that are in total agreement with me... it's not just me saying this about this extreme Masterpiece, not by a long shot, such opinions about Close To The Edge constituting a genuine psychedelic epiphany are in ALOT of company.

just being with good friends, listening to good music, and having good conversations.

oh, rolling, k, and whippits are magical too :)

^ Ohhh yea, a big second on the whippets!!! Everyone who tries tripping MUST be sure to try whippets during the trip, nothing like it, haha!

Makes me think of these parts of the end of Nice Dreams, all the white light, all the knowing laughter, something really special I cant quite describe about this, check this out:

Timothy Leary, Cheech & Chong, Michael Winslow & Pee-Wee Herman: Nice Dreams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfMNml8pJaM&feature=related

(soomeone added the under music but it works well)

heres the original scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxfMAvB9Mnw&feature=related

Actually WATCH CHEECH & CHONG'S "NICE DREAMS" MOVIE is one ***EXCELLENT*** thing to do while tripping now that I mention it!

HAHA! HAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
My tripping soul candy is "morning view" by incubus. the whole album in order. it's like every word is about emerging from darkness into clarity, so awesome.

^ Ohhh yea, a big second on the whippets!!! Everyone who tries tripping MUST be sure to try whippets during the trip, nothing like it, haha!

!

Definately but from my first psych (acid) + nitrous experinece I would say do it towards the end of the trip because it was so awesomely intense and left me feeling quite dissasociated afterwards. May just all be a bit too much at the beginning of the trip especially for a first time psychedelic user