• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxmetamine / MXM Thread

Ever thought about rehab? You seem to come up with a new drug addiction every other week.

i am going through the process of getting into that now its slow hard work because i don't want residential rehab

Just be careful about using a new substance during withdrawals from anything, particularly withdrawals from benzos - we all know seizure threshold is lowered significantly during benzo withdrawal and that those seizures can cause some real damage or in rarer cases fatalities, so throwing a substance into the mix that may also lower seizure threshold could be a very real recipe for disaster..

Particularly given that MXE itself appears to have some SERT affinity (presumably as a reuptake inhibitor), this would lend weight to the idea that MXE would reduce the seizure threshold somewhat, and MXM, while a different substance, is close enough we can assume there could be a similar risk. Then on top of that you have to throw in the complete unknown vector that comes with what differences this has over MXE and other such substances, and you're left with more reason that this should probably not even remotely be considered during such withdrawals.

I'm assuming it was withdrawals you were referring to anyway based on your post - either way, be careful please, just the fact you went through 5g of it already suggests some extra caution should be thrown in, excess is a problem in itself but everyone here (myself included in the past) seems to forget that these are entirely new things and so we don't even know what's in store if we overdo it just a little.

Sorry if that sounded a bit like a lecture but this is a harm reduction forum and I just don't want to see any more good people ending up in the BL Shrine, stay safe <3 :)

sorry for the double post didnt see this till i posted

but a massive thank you for the kind words you no idea how much that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
MXM.

This drug is best taken sublingually, i cant be sure of the purity of my sample but my sweet spot was about 100mg. I would recommend starting around 25mg. I would highly advise against snorting this product, it burns and seems to be very wasteful.

Taken under the tongue, it can be felt within minutes, usually before it fully dissolves you'll feel a disso blanket wrap you up and it just gets better and better. I get a vibration sensation in my body as it comes on, almost like an opiate high/dmt/mephedrone/mdma comeup vibe. This is definitely dangerous territory for heroin addict refugees. I could see people getting out of control with this stuff and using it daily.

The euphoria is beyond imaginable, MDMA will never again ever be a consideration for me at all because MXM has completely replaced that role entirely for me. (I'd say a perfect replacement if it werent for the sexual aspects)

It definitely isn't an MXE replacement, however, and you won't get introspection, psychedelia, or crazy fucked up dissociation. You'll get the most incredible euphoric-blanket of dissociative-bliss imaginable, and quite a bit of clever wit added into the mix. Visual acuity seems to sharpen quite a bit as well, more similar to tryptamine compounds than traditional dissociatives. User also appears to gain a very apparent increase in cosmic knowledge.

MXM is quite possibly the most euphoric substance i've ever happened across.

Last edited:
6 people tried this on friday. We started the day with al-lad at around 2:00pm, then after we came down and were enjoying the afterglow we decided to eat some MXM.
3 people took 20mg
3 people took 30mg, me included.
All doses were parachuted.

We all agreed that the effects were very, very weak, if any! And no, none of us have disso tolerance, long or short term.
I dont know what could have happened. Our bellies were kinda full and that could have delayed the effects, but I dont think it would make it weaker.
Also, maybe the fact that we dosed al-lad on the same day (150ug) and had already came down could have contributed to the lack, although it doesnt make much sense, since each drug acts on completely different receptors, I guess...

I will try 50mg next time, probably this week and probably sublingually.

^crashing: have you compared the effects oral vs sub?
What is the comparison on duration, potency, etc?

Yes ive tried oral, snorting and sublingual. Hoenstly the drug really ONLY worked when dissolved sublingually and not swallowed. Snorting and oral were both incredibly weak, unlike MXE. Sublingually, we could feel effects nearly instantaneously. Comeup was noted by a heat flushing feeling followed by a steady vibration throughout the limbs, peaked at about 1 hour after that and leveled off for 2-3 hours before dropping off sharply with a slight comedown characterized by a moderately heavy heart beat for ~30 mins. Redosing worked at varying time stages throughout a 24 hour time frame, and no tolerance was noted.

Like i said, my sweet spot after a few trial and errors was 100mg sublingually but that might be a bit heavy for some, i tend to appreciate larger disso doses. But i had already ingested quite a bit of the substance before i figured out to dissolve it on my tongue, so i probably had good baseline going before i really got into it. After a few of these larger doses over several hours I was in the most zen like euphoric dissociative state possible. It was the most euphoric high i've ever experienced. 20mg is probably not enough, good starting spot is probably around 50mg but i've heard of people freaking out at 80mg, so it's hard to guess.

I suspect maybe at even higher doses this stuff could get pretty wild, but i was totally fine at the level i was at. It's definitely a very unique diss. A hole may be possible in higher doses but it just didn't feel like that type of drug to me. Shines quite well at the moderate level.

Edit- Also, Weed mixed with this stuff ok, it can sort of increase the overall madness level but mainly seems to bring the heart beat into higher awareness, and overall didn't really seem to click with MXM and not worth the reduced clarity.

Last edited:
For sublingually, how long do I need to hold it under my tongue? Then spit it?

I was letting it dissolve completely in my mouth, swallowing about 5 mins later.

It definitely had an effect when snorted, but it was short lived and stimmy, and it was sort of like not doing enough MDMA where you feel something but it's not really "it".

MXM.

This drug is best taken sublingually
I seriously doubt it. I didn't bother with other ROAs and went straight to plugging, which worked nicely. People who are confused about not getting more bang for their buck haven't properly utilized their assholes (or needles, though I hope you'd touch your butt before puncturing your skin if you're on the fence about either). Granted, it's nowhere near as potent as MXE. It's been awhile since I've used ketamine. I think it's stronger than that by weight, but not a lot stronger. The potency is reflected somewhat in the price per gram, like with most new designer drugs.

I seriously doubt it. I didn't bother with other ROAs and went straight to plugging, which worked nicely. People who are confused about not getting more bang for their buck haven't properly utilized their assholes. Granted, it's nowhere near as potent as MXE. It's been awhile since I've used ketamine. I think it's stronger than that by weight, but not a lot stronger. The potency is reflected somewhat in the price per gram, like with most new designer drugs.

Well yeah and IV better yet right?

But i mean, it was a couple people redosing all night. So sublingual was best for us i suppose. But yeah im sure plugging may be slightly better, if even. I'm telling you rubbing it all over the mouth and gums, i could feel it before it was fully dissolved every time.

I know, but it's a hassle.

But yeah man, if you're getting really good priced MXE, it could definitely be MXM.

Tastes like Xanax mixed with 2cb and MXE, pretty bad but could be way worse. It also has a mild numbing effect, so by the time its mostly dissolved you can't taste much.

Im fairly positive theres a batch of 'crystalline mxe' going around that's actually MXM. MXE is cold and trippy as fuck, MXM is warm and lovely like a buttery dissociative opioid Althought i'm sure that's entirely subjective, just look out for a completely different substance.

Copied this over from the MXE thread since it's more so related to MXM. I'm not doubting the claim in the post because it sounds plausible, more so interested to know if there is crystalline MXM going around. The MXM I had was very much the opposite of crystals - large, fluffy powder, looked the same as what another user posted here. Anyone seen a crystalline batch yet, or is it mostly the fluff?

To be honest it started out crystalline and halfway through the night it turned into a fluffy powder, i shit you not.. Seemed to be severely affected by humidity. It started as a fine crystal i could pour out of the bag, and several hours of opening and closing it and it was sticky like 2cb.

Does anyone who's tried MXM out have any experience with Diphenidine or Methoxphenidine and feel up for making a comparison to their effects? I've never tried MXE (though have done ket a few times) but my most recent and heavily used dissociatives have been the 'phenidines, would be helpful to hear suggestions on how this compares to them :)

I plugged a dose last night for the first time (didn't weigh, I used a key to dig some out of of the bag my estimate is 60-80 mg) and I did not like it at all. No euphoria at all, I just felt very dizzy and dissacociated. Nothing like MXE. I almost felt a bit nauseated.

Dawglaw can you be more specific as to what exactly occurred. Did you notice it come on? What kinda timeline was it? And do you like DXM K and MXE?

Does anyone who's tried MXM out have any experience with Diphenidine or Methoxphenidine and feel up for making a comparison to their effects? I've never tried MXE (though have done ket a few times) but my most recent and heavily used dissociatives have been the 'phenidines, would be helpful to hear suggestions on how this compares to them :)

Diphenidine and Methoxphenidine are not even in the same league as MXM. If you liked either of those substances, then MXM is going to be absolutely magical for you :)

I banged my head against Diphenidine and Methoxphenidine for months trying to squeeze some sort of pleasant experience out of them, as they were literally the only family of dissociatives that I could get my hands on at the time. Which was especially painful as MXE and K used to be almost free-flowing around me, then it all dried up, and the bad times set in. Then MXM came along and saved the day! Don't hesitate friend!

Yeah the phendines have this weird "fuzzy/muddled" background that really pales in comparison to the hexylamines. Phenidine was just terrible. total waste of time. Methoxyphedine was a'ight, if you had nothing else in the galaxy. MXM isn't very trippy, so don't expect MXE, but it's a nice, nice chemical worth shaking hands with. I wouldn't call MXM my new mistress or anything though….=)

also, to clarify, i find the phenidine's very very boring. like can't have a single productive or insightful thought the whole time. just waste of space. can't wait for it to end. methoxyyphenidine at least has a dopamine push so it's a little clearer and more euphoric but still has that BLAH background.

MXM is just nice nice nice. I wouldn't call it revelation, like i would MXE. but she's a worthy addition to the hexylo team.

It's not 'trippy' but serene and calm, but at the same time can give this perpetual tryptaminic visual space if you dig deep, it's pretty neat stuff.