• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxmetamine / MXM Thread

But what rally surprises me is that neither 3-meo-2'oxo-pcpr or 3-ho-2'oxo-pce were never made. Obviously it's impossible to know just by looking at the structure but they look to be quite close to mxd.

I also wonder why 3-ho-2'oxo-pce has never been made. Sounds quite promising, specially considering how the 3-HO-PCx turned out to be.

I could easily be mistaken, but I believe that the MXM I received in December 2014 originated from eastern Europe. I thought that there was only one synth of the stuff on the market but apparently not. It had such a consistently positive push that I could not imagine it being dysphoric. Even MXE could occasionally be dysphoric in a dark way to me.

Now deschloroket or O-PCE on the otherhand? Their popularity confounds me. They last for so long and are more physically disabling than MXE at lower doses. You essentially need to lie in bed for almost 20 damn hours if you don't want to risk breaking your arm trying to get a glass of water. I tried them extensively and they had none of the charm of most other aryhexylamines besides a vague but uninteresting anti-depressant effect. I somewhat enjoyed binging netflix on the stuff when I had time to kill but IMO they totally suck compared to the magical MXE/MXM/ketamine/2-F ketamine.

It makes me absolutely bitter that they've been popular for years when MXM was available for like a month.

Last edited:
I have heard the same. That vendor was the only one with legit mxm. Missed it because they ran out just as I was about to order.

Had another batch of what was supposed to be mxm from China. Gc/Ms said it was just very bad mxe.

Now deschloroket or O-PCE on the otherhand? Their popularity confounds me. They last for so long and are more physically disabling than MXE at lower doses. You essentially need to lie in bed for almost 20 damn hours if you don't want to risk breaking your arm trying to get a glass of water. I tried them extensively and they had none of the charm of most other aryhexylamines besides a vague but uninteresting anti-depressant effect.

So I think that looking over the big and dandy threads concerning the various dissos, to have hit the grey area market in the last decade or so, you see that there are a variety of reasons that different people use these substances. For me, for an example, the idea of taking one to go out dancing or socialize is utterly alien. It is not that I haven't used them socially. It is just that it isn't really what they are for, at least in my opinion. For me, it is more about hitting that hard reset on your mind every once in a while, for self exploration and therapeutic reasons. So for me, the listed dosages for 2-oxo seem utterly absurd. The "real" effects require at least 60mg (orally) and only come into their own at about 80-100, which due to cardio push and the experimental nature of the substance, I never surpassed. It would be very interesting to see what the pure s-isomer would do. I found there to be a note of apprehension to the effects, but also that they were profound enough to keep me coming back. Visually, the most frequent CEV's that I got were of flying over these little towns, with steep angular roofs, reminding me very much of an Escher landscape print. The look was a dimly lit, slightly grainy, green/grey appearance. Also, a large dose helped a friend to get past acute opiate withdraws.

I realize that this is a MXM thread. Just also felt like that deserved response for posterity's sake. Here is the MXM part: can anyone sketch out a rough dosage guideline? There is no Psychonautwiki page, there is literally one sentence devoted to it at Wikipedia, and only two reports on Erowid. One of them is polysubstance use. I realize that it isn't commercially available at the moment, but who knows what the future will bring? It would just be nice to have a little more information available.

Dude, 60, 80 or 100mgs of O-PCE would blackout easily even a super tolerant disso user. That dosages are more like a direct fly to the hospital. Maybe you mean MXM dosages?

Dude, 60, 80 or 100mgs of O-PCE would blackout easily even a super tolerant disso user. That dosages are more like a direct fly to the hospital. Maybe you mean MXM dosages?
Hole, yes. Blackout no. Hospital, not even close. Not in my experience anyways. Not what I've observed in other people. I have had access to 4 different sources. One, I had a decent bit to play with. I can't track it down right now, but what made me open to pushing it was seeing a report of a guy slamming over 100mg and reporting a pleasant experience, in the face of my experiences up to the so called "heavy" point seeming like they weren't quite there. I don't know what to say other than when I do this class it is for a hole like experience and that I didn't get what I was after until I pushed it. I definitely mean 2-Oxo, MXE minus the methoxy group or K, minus the chlorine and with an ethyl rather than methyl N-substitution. Just reporting back my own experience.

I am still very interested in learning more about MXM though.

Now deschloroket or O-PCE on the otherhand? Their popularity confounds me. They last for so long and are more physically disabling than MXE at lower doses.

that i dont get. at least for dck. i can socialize with sober people or go shopping when on dck without any problems, there is almost no ataxia comparable to eg mxe when using lower doses.

100mg of O-PCE? Really? I can take 7mg and be pretty wonky. Can't imagine dosing anywhere even approaching that level. Do you have a bunch of disso tolerance? For most people even 60mg is WAY too much for O-PCE.

Yeah, I do mean it. I've taken at least 60mg with a decent amount of 2C-E as well. I'm not trying to make grandiose statements here. Think about DMT. A little is still pretty heavily disorienting without even hinting at what is around the corner via a full blown break through. Also think about mescaline. Would anyone have bothered to find the higher registers of it's dosages if there hadn't been folks in northern Mexico and the Andes taking megadoses of the stuff via cacti for ages? Not that I am suggesting that people utilize wanton disregard and just start recklessly taking oodles of whatever, but some substances do have a longer range of dosages than others. I mean LSD is pretty forgiving in that and so is ketamine, which this is pretty close to structurally.

However, people I think underestimate how much minor variations in structure do matter. 2C-B seems pretty forgiving in terms of taking more than generally advised. 2C-T-7 or 2C-P, not so much. I was at a MAPS conference years ago, where Dr.Nichols was giving a presentation on the 5HT-2 receptor site affinity that could be predicted by 2,5 substitution of phenethylamines. I asked him during and then again after the presentation as to what we could deduct about the toxicity of the various NMDA antagonists going around based on their structure. He dodged the question at 1st but I caught him coming out of the bathroom later and got a more direct answer which was "that toxicity is an unique phenomenon. That it relates to how something binds, it's exact path of metabolism, etc, and that the only method available to us to predict this is the science of systems biology." In other words, it would take being able to create an accurate computer simulation of the workings of the human body to be able to predict. So I am not trying to encourage people to throw all caution to the wind here by assuming that it is equally forgiving in terms of overdose. I have seen too many posts and trip reports that were posted by people engaging in wanton, reckless behavior. However, I have seen these effects manifest in a predictable enough fashion, that I am genuinely a little surprised by the pushback and making them wasn't my reason for registering and posting. Wanting to know more about MXM was.

As for my tolerance, my body is pretty good at metabolizing most things. With this class though, I feel like the risk of losing the magic and never getting it back is enough to keep me from using too often. So it isn't the same as my tolerance for herb, for an example. When I do K (and I mean vial dried, the stuff I come across anymore often just makes me sad due to low quality), about a quarter gram is my ideal intranasal dose and I do not redose. With MXP, I felt like I was only still learning about it when I ran out, but found 80-100mg quite interesting. Lower doses with mushrooms were also quite excellent. It seemed really adept at facilitating deep, profound emotional catharsis. With DXM, well, it has been a while, but I think that about 700-1200 or so mg was what I liked, with the upper levels being the best part. I used 3-MEO-PCP once but it was at a lower level. The risk of mania in the face of what it presented just wasn't worth it. Other than that my experiences with this class are via N2O and ether, which is pretty atypical.

On a side note, yours are some of the only trip reports, that I find interesting enough to read in full rather than just scan these days. I have been a lurker for years and have always valued your contributions. (Xorkoth)

Last edited:
Wonder if we will ever see this one appear on the market again someday. It sounds so good after reading this thread i feel so cheated that i missed out on this while i was away. MXM and HXE are the only MXE analogs that i havent tried before. This sounds like one of the better ones from the series, anyone still taking this stuff in once in awhile?

100mg of O-PCE? Really? I can take 7mg and be pretty wonky. Can't imagine dosing anywhere even approaching that level. Do you have a bunch of disso tolerance? For most people even 60mg is WAY too much for O-PCE.
What's up Xoxoth....it's good to talk to you since my move....
I do have a high disso tolorance but my usual holing dose of o-pce is 40-60mg rectally and I have taken it up to 90mg and just holed really hard but was fine by the next morning.
I really hope you're doing well man!!!! 💗

Honestly I'm afraid to say that the profit margin on this stuff is just way too low to be produced again. I got through 10g of the stuff in about 3 days and by the end I was doing 1g IMs of the stuff just to feel anything.

It's a god-like substance but it's just not profitable so when it was around I think they realised that and unfortunately it's just not viable to be reproduced.

So to anyone who did try it, thank your lucky stars you did because without legislation it won't come around again.

I passed on getting some at the time because the initial reviews were very lackluster, but it turns out they just weren't dosing high enough, thinking it would be similar in dosage to MXE. Since then, I have heard a number of reports of it being incredible, but needing to be dosed very high. Wish I would have gotten some. I most certainly would have written detailed report, and for whatever reason, basically no one wrote reports on it, or really went into much detail about the experience. Which is a real shame... missed opportunity to document something.

I passed on getting some at the time because the initial reviews were very lackluster, but it turns out they just weren't dosing high enough, thinking it would be similar in dosage to MXE. Since then, I have heard a number of reports of it being incredible, but needing to be dosed very high. Wish I would have gotten some. I most certainly would have written detailed report, and for whatever reason, basically no one wrote reports on it, or really went into much detail about the experience. Which is a real shame... missed opportunity to document something.
I used MXE to treat my autism spectrum disorder and it did it amazingly, like being morphed from 2 dimensional to 3 dimensional being. I'd love to have been alerted to MXE's availability to stockpile, but only cruise this site once in a blue moon, so looks like I missed the boat. So I feel you on the missed opportunity.

~psychoblast~

Last edited: