• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxmetamine / MXM Thread

^ Which ROA was that?
So... Can we conclude oral>nasal? Has anyone tried sublingual?
To the ones testing MXM: Please describe the effects a little more in detail!

I did oral. As far as I read, oral definitely > nasal. It was same for me in mxe too.
I can't get into details as I couldn't go where I want. But somehow I felt it was warmer than mxe.

Has anyone tried checking their blood pressure while on this?

I just got a gram. What would a good starter dose be? I am going to take it orally or plug it. I don't want to push it, just wanna relax.

Hold that thought ^

I think it would be good if people using this right now could help by giving their opinion on dosage ranges.

Is MXM 1.5 or 2 or 2.5 times less potent than MXE ?
With 2.5 we may end up with basically the potency of ketamine. However it is quite possible that the dose-response curve is different or that MXM reacts differently using different ROAs by comparison.

The following is the tentative dosage 'guideline' if you will for MXE from Erowid:

Insufflated:

Threshold 5 - 20 mg
Light 10 - 50 mg
Common 20 - 60 mg
Strong 25 - 100+ mg

Oral:

Threshold 8 - 20 mg
Light 10 - 30 mg
Common 40 - 60 mg
Strong 50 - 100+ mg

The following is the dosage suggestion range for ketamine from Erowid:

Insufflated:

Threshold 10 - 15 mg
Light 15 - 30 mg
Common 30 - 75 mg
Strong 60 - 125 mg
The K Hole 100 - 250 mg

Oral:

Threshold 40 - 50 mg
Light 50 - 100 mg
Common 75 - 300 mg
Strong 200 - 450 mg
The K Hole 500 + mg

How does that sound applied to MXM? If you think it's very far off, please also let us know if you have very low or very high body weight, and if you have strong dissociative tolerance (and haven't really tried MXE for a while). In other words: it would be good to know if there are other explanations, and it would be excellent to hear from people with relatively low or no tolerance to any of these.
Do NOT take these dosages as information or an answer to anything - this is a question!

A sublingual dose of 100mg yesterday had me floored similar to probably 60-80mg of MXE.

>>> I'll take that as a 'vote' for a factor of ~ 1.5x

Last edited:
I just took a 1mg allergy test. I am going to hold off taking a real dose for the time being. I don't feel like being a guinea pig until I hear some more experiences.

Please please please please please please don't treat this like Ketamine. It's just as potent as MXE. Even if it might not "seem" like it for us veterans. For newbs and light-causual users, MXM will chew you up and spit you out if you dose stupid.
I'll edit this later with what I consider to be a more comprehensive dosing regime. But for now I must go to work :)

So does this chemical cause tolerance way quicker than MXE or 3-MeO-PCP? Friend of mine tried MXM, had an awesome night with apparently zero negative effects and 100% fun, but the next day, only very little or no results with the same doses or higher. I used my bit of MXM combined with 3-MeO-PCP in, well, a fragile state of mind so I can't really comment on this, but it did seem like MXM had very little effect on me on any day (cross tolerance may be an issue with me.. duh).

I would be extremely surprised if that was the case. there is no reason whatsoever to suggest it would cause tolerance any differently to methoxetamine.

Please please please please please please don't treat this like Ketamine. It's just as potent as MXE. Even if it might not "seem" like it for us veterans. For newbs and light-causual users, MXM will chew you up and spit you out if you dose stupid.
I'll edit this later with what I consider to be a more comprehensive dosing regime. But for now I must go to work :)

I beg to differ sir :) First of all I'm far from a veteran, I've never even gone beyond 80mg in MXE. And on 80mg, I was in a fucking different reality. As I told before it can even be less than half of the potency of MXE.

Or,

Vendor is selling weak products which I hardly believe as they are famous of their products quality.

Same potency wouldn't make sense, theoretically that goes against dissociative (arylcyclohexylamine) SAR... and it is no coincidence that MXE came first and that it has an ethyl, it was very consciously chosen because around N-ethyl and a little bit N-propyl length these compounds apparently have optimal potency / duration. Methyl is apparently metabolized a little too (or 'more') easily and quickly.

Anyway not to be a dick about it, reported experiences with this are really appreciated. Shame but for the time being I cannot participate.
And trying to match dosage range trendlines from K or MXE does not mean that it should be suggested MXM needs to be treated just the same as other dissociatives we know.

I'll try logging links to trip reports with MXM in the OP of this thread.

After some careful consideration I'm having second thoughts about posting what I consider to be safe or reasonably safe doses for those who have yet to try MXM. Although the likelihood is small, I just can't deal with being held responsible for bad experiences and the like should anyone encounter them.

Having said that I definitely feel that some guidelines need to be established, I'm just not sure I'm exactly comfortable with people "taking my word for it". And it would seem that what I would deem a "small" dose, others may not at all.
So the best I can do for you guys really is to just offer my opinion, rather than straight up "advice".

I'd say that in my experience, MXM really is no less potent than MXE. I'd say it's just as "potent", but perhaps it's perceivable effects may not seem quite as "intense" as MXE's. <-- This point I cannot stress enough.
Unless of course you are silly with dosing, and then things will become well, very intense.

I think if you want to stick to any sort of "guidelines" then just treat MXM as if it were as potent as MXE. And refer to the dosages listed above from Erowid. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Honestly I feel like MXM is very potent but in a less tangible sense, it's really quite difficult to put in to words.

The difficulty with putting things out there like "MXM is potentially half as potent as MXE" will lead people to think that they just need to double their usual dose of MXE, when doing MXM. And seriously, this is not the mentality that should be surrounding this substance.

One thing that I didn't mention in my previous trip report or comments is that MXM really comes alive when my eyes are closed!

Last edited:
Nobody should dive in with a certain dose assumed to be effective as a full dose. I know plenty of people do this, but the responsibility of taking the risk involved with that is always for the user who makes executive decisions about that. Especially when a drug is relatively new or uncommon, it is wise to start with an allergy dose which is only a fraction of what is considered a full dose... IMO more than to avoid allergic reactions, which honestly almost never happen as far as I know, that is more about avoiding cases of mistaken identity and interactions with other drugs or medications in one's system. You might call that allergy related, fine by me.
After that you slowly work your way up to what is said to be a dose appropriate for the intensity level you are looking for. Although you learn to gauge your own reactions to a drug / batch each time, that does not make dosage range indications redundant. We still hold that in the back of our minds and this helps us make gross mistakes of whole orders of magnitudes, and like I suggested already: some people are really not as careful as they ought to be.

Reporting our findings honestly contributes, but it is not meant as prescription so that people don't have to think about it anymore (like picking up medications from the pharmacy).

Fine if you don't want to play along boida, but let's not spread misinformation just because you want to be overcautious for other people. Misinformation will sooner or later lead to confusion problems and even incidents, so please don't. I would prefer that people keep posting their own experiences, and everyone who wants to experiment with a novel drug like MXM should start low and work their way up - NOT use what someone else posted as a prescription leaflet. Always remember that there are different batches possible of different purity, or different substances even. So no one piece of information must be assumed as fact, but many pieces of information together can be used to piece together trends, tendencies, propensities.... it is merely provisional data that for the time being best describes how people on average react to the product being described.

Having a rough picture is a lot more practical to go on, even if you are going slow. Otherwise these people are forced to reinvent the wheel every single time. If everyone applied completely responsible titration methods and had infinite time and patience, that would be absolutely fine, but we must be realistic about the fact that this is not true.

This type of stuff is IMO the basics of approaching this.

It took 100mg's of this sublingual to feel anything, I then proceeded to do 3 100mg lines over the course of 3 hours and I started teetering on edge of a hole if anyone can relate to that.

If I did that with k I would most certainly have holed. For what it's worth.

Perd, I don't understand how you can say, that you barely could feel 100 mg. One dose of 100 mg of the stuff I have, would blow me away.

I have a very light tolerance to arylcyclohexylamines, if any at all. I do know ketamine and MXE very well, but I never developed any tolerance, because I never abused them or used them on consecutive days, except at festivals. I weigh about 70 kg.

To me, a line of 25-35 mg yield an effect somewere in between light and the low end of common. Looking at Solipsis charts from Erowid, that would make it about as potent as ketamine. But here is my problem, it's not ketamine, it's a totally different Drug. Duration is different, the dose/response curve for sure will be different. And it could never be passed off as ketamine, in my opinion, eventhough they have similarities. Oral bioavailability is also most likely going to be different than ketamine, but I haven't tried it oral yet though.

In the beginning I was trying to guesstimate the potency compared to MXE, and I thought it was maybe 2/3 the potency, then I thought, wait, maybe it's more like 1/2. The thing is, it's pointless to try to compare the potency in quarters or percentages, because as I already said; it's a different drug. Similar, yes, but also different. I think this comparing potency has to stop, because it's too difficult to gauge. We need to make a totally new dosage chart for MXM over time.

30 mg for sure is a good light starting dose, insufflatted, for anyone without tolerance. It comes on pretty quick, so it's really easy to top up with more. Even though that dose wasn't as strong as a similar dose of MXE, I was still satisfied and didn't need to take more right away. So in the end, my doses actually came out same as with MXE. But not fucking me up more than I still was able to go out shopping.

What we can say, is that it is certainly less potent and has a shorter duration than MXE, but not by how much. In my humble opinion it's pointless to talk about.

I'm with Boida, in that its potency shouldn't be underestimated, because the effects are more subtle than MXE, but it surely has the power to be just as wonky. In the doses I've taken, it surely doesn't have the same sledgehammer in your face effects MXE can have, but it can still twist your world. Some hard core MXE freaks are going to be dissapointed with this one, but it deserves respect, both for being a beautiful chem, as well as surely having the ability to tear a first timers reality a new asshole. It's not NENK or 2-MeO-ketamine, for sure.

Solipsis. It doesn't seem that ketamine share the same SAR as the other arylcyclohexylamines we know, because if it did, NENK would have been a winner. There's an interesting piece of information in that fact.

Last edited:
so basically, you would choose a MXE trip rather then a MXM everytime?

damn, MXE is impossible to find anymore. damn

Perd, I don't understand how you can say, that you barely could feel 100 mg. One dose of 100 mg of the stuff I have, would blow me away.

I have a very light tolerance to arylcyclohexylamines, if any at all. I do know ketamine and MXE very well, but I never developed any tolerance, because I never abused them or used them on consecutive days, except at festivals. I weigh about 70 kg.

To me, a line of 25-35 mg yield an effect somewere in between light and the low end of common. Looking at Solipsis charts from Erowid, that would make it about as potent as ketamine. But here is my problem, it's not ketamine, it's a totally different Drug. Duration is different, the dose/response curve for sure will be different. And it could never be passed off as ketamine, in my opinion, eventhough they have similarities. Oral bioavailability is also most likely going to be different than ketamine, but I haven't tried it oral yet though.

In the beginning I was trying to guesstimate the potency compared to MXE, and I thought it was maybe 2/3 the potency, then I thought, wait, maybe it's more like 1/2. The thing is, it's pointless to try to compare the potency in quarters or percentages, because as I already said; it's a different drug. Similar, yes, but also different. I think this comparing potency has to stop, because it's too difficult to gauge. We need to make a totally new dosage chart for MXM over time.

30 mg for sure is a good light starting dose, insufflatted, for anyone without tolerance. It comes on pretty quick, so it's really easy to top up with more. Even though that dose wasn't as strong as a similar dose of MXE, I was still satisfied and didn't need to take more right away. So in the end, my doses actually came out same as with MXE. But not fucking me up more than I still was able to go out shopping.

What we can say, is that it is certainly less potent and has a shorter duration than MXE, but not by how much. In my humble opinion it's pointless to talk about.

I'm with Boida, in that its potency shouldn't be underestimated, because the effects are more subtle than MXE, but it surely has the power to be just as wonky. In the doses I've taken, it surely doesn't have the same sledgehammer in your face effects MXE can have, but it can still twist your world. Some hard core MXE freaks are going to be dissapointed with this one, but it deserves respect, both for being a beautiful chem, as well as surely having the ability to tear a first timers reality a new asshole. It's not NENK or 2-MeO-ketamine, for sure.

Solipsis. It doesn't seem that ketamine share the same SAR as the other arylcyclohexylamines we know, because if it did, NENK would have been a winner. There's an interesting piece of information in that fact.

Thank you, this was really all I was trying to convey. I didn't intend to spread mis-information about the substance for the sake of hand holding. I've tried my best from the start to provide as much informative information about MXM as I can. But honestly. This is one of those things that you just have to try for yourself because of it's unique, yet ironically similar effects.

I agree and I think it is due to the chloro sub. Everyone says that my 'chloroxetamine' (methoxetamine with methoxy swapped with chloro) would be stupid yet they are quick to jump on ketamine with other halo subs and the like. I don't want to go on too much of a ramble but methoxy switched to acetoxy on methoxetamine may hold promise, it is so annoying that aryls get little attention compared to other compounds. Why aren't we looking into methoxy-methylethamine? Someone pull up some other aryls from the past and you will see so many other ideas that haven't been explored.

Can we just start making these things yet? I wan't an isopropyl on the nitrogen to see what happens.

Post over.