• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Methoxmetamine / MXM Thread

It's not 'trippy' but serene and calm, but at the same time can give this perpetual tryptaminic visual space if you dig deep, it's pretty neat stuff.

I think I know what you mean there! I didnt explore high doses yet, but I already experienced some changes in my visual space from low doses. No thing to on my face, more of a breathing walls thing.
Last time I took double the dose I took on the first, 60mg, and this time I undoubtedly felt it! Next time I will definitely take 80mg or more, but 60mg was enough to put me in a very relaxed state. At this dose , the dissociation is kind of in the background. What is clearer is just the happy, warm and laid back mood.

How's the cardiovascular side of MXM, any increases in HR or BP like MXE? Can anyone compare the two in regards to their affects on heart rate?

I never noticed much increase in HR with MXE......and that is something I notice....maybe raised it 10-20 bpm

It's well known that MXE increases heart rate, how much is dependent on the individual. For me MXE can make me palpitate and my BP jumps from ~110/70 to ~140/80 with high doses. Heart rate typically hovers around the 90 bpm mark, 60bpm is my normal HR.

I personally did notice a very quick ramping of body temperature on the come up and also a pretty pronounced period of increased HR on the comedown, which suggests is does boost BP and HR the whole time, at least for me.

I never noticed much increase in HR with MXE......and that is something I notice....maybe raised it 10-20 bpm

Me either actually, it makes me feel pretty relaxed and chilled out. I have never found it stimulating other than it keeps me awake and makes me want to move, but just because moving is interesting and pleasurable.

I personally did notice a very quick ramping of body temperature on the come up and also a pretty pronounced period of increased HR on the comedown, which suggests is does boost BP and HR the whole time, at least for me.

Thanks Crashing :).

Have any of you guys actually taken your vitals on MXE? I made sure I wasn't alone in regards to finding MXE to increase BP/HR, I made sure to google "MXE increased heart rate" before posting (although I've heard tachycardia associated with MXE prior)... it's very common, even listed on just about every list of potential MXE side-effects, incuding the few pub-med studies I looked through.

Unsuprising? Cause NMDA antagonists like ketamine are not sedatives like some people assume, and the monoaminergic activity (reuptake inhibition) would mean some sympathomimetic effects which would include elevated BP/HR next to the increased talkativeness and euphoria etc before the mental monoaminergic effects become overshadowed by the NMDA antagonism... and if a high dose is not a standard recipe for an even more elevated BP/HR, you still might expect tachycardia in especially sensitive individuals.. let alone when used in combination.
That could be an explanation - doesn't mean that you will find this is necessarily a very tachycardic drug. But yeah my experiences would kind of support it.

Just to clarify, this is with MXM right? Seems MXE discussion got a bit intertwined on this topic...

25 mg nasal worked for me. Lucky responder I guess. Nice drug. A little less potent maybe to mxe but still nice and not exactly weak. Of course it depends on your tolerance and such how you perceive the effects of mxm.

easiest way i could describe / help:

-- mxp: takes forever to kick in (45min to 4 hrs), then it's a strange dissociation for an hour or two then onto a manic / wide awake phase for an hour or two
-- if you dose too high with mxp that dissociation time turns into blackout time (for me that's 300mg+), but then back to the manic phase

-- mxm: ketamine without the ketamine? i don't have the typical lowered eyelids from sedation but i have the robot-walk of ketamine. i'm not dropping into the hole and losing touch with reality but i still can barely walk. i get the one eye wanting to close, extremeties feel a little numb, my mind is wandering all over the place. not much body dissociation in total. 100mg oral + 2 X 50mg insufflated boosters (i have a huge ketamine tolerance if that matters) definitely losing focus through my eyes. i don't experience any of the phantom sounds that seemed to plague me with ketamine. definitely more nodding, almost opiate-like, there's nothing keeping me awake here except for my past experiences with dissociatives and wanting to push on.

none of the mania of mxe / mxp has been present so far. honestly, i'm really enjoying this compound. haven't figured out whether oral or insufflated will work best for me.

overall: thumbsups. will try again in a few days and see if it has the same effect or not.

am i wasting my time insufflating?

easiest way i could describe / help:

-- mxp: takes forever to kick in (45min to 4 hrs), then it's a strange dissociation for an hour or two then onto a manic / wide awake phase for an hour or two
-- if you dose too high with mxp that dissociation time turns into blackout time (for me that's 300mg+), but then back to the manic phase

-- mxm: ketamine without the ketamine? i don't have the typical lowered eyelids from sedation but i have the robot-walk of ketamine. i'm not dropping into the hole and losing touch with reality but i still can barely walk. i get the one eye wanting to close, extremeties feel a little numb, my mind is wandering all over the place. not much body dissociation in total. 100mg oral + 2 X 50mg insufflated boosters (i have a huge ketamine tolerance if that matters) definitely losing focus through my eyes. i don't experience any of the phantom sounds that seemed to plague me with ketamine. definitely more nodding, almost opiate-like, there's nothing keeping me awake here except for my past experiences with dissociatives and wanting to push on.

none of the mania of mxe / mxp has been present so far. honestly, i'm really enjoying this compound. haven't figured out whether oral or insufflated will work best for me.

overall: thumbsups. will try again in a few days and see if it has the same effect or not.

am i wasting my time insufflating?

From my experience the effects are significantly less pronounced when I have insufflated MXM, but that might be just because I've grown accustomed to administering via IM

The first paragraph of my post was a comparison of mxp (which I don't like). The rest of the post dealt with my experience with mxm (which I really liked). I do think I'll just go straight for 150 mg swallowed next time. The 50 mg bumps didn't add all that much to the experience. Also, does anyone know if plugging uses roughly the same dosage as oral?

New delivery I received seems stronger than the first.... subbjectively obviously. I've been using the same ROA each time- works pretty well. Make a cup of instant chai and dissolve it in. Can barely taste it and effects usually come on within 45 minutes to an hour.

A few (?) have mentioned that taking this one sublingually results in the quickest come up - within minutes. Can others confirm this? I'm just wondering why someone would choose another ROA if the come up is so much slower...

so plugging is definitely the best method so far. that was 2.5 hours of space walking with only 100 mg. very enjoyable. i'm sure im or iv will be stronger but that's not a route i'm interested in trying yet. i'm very happy with this chemical, everything that mxp and mxe aren't without the super-mindfuck of ketamine. i'll be back.

Has anyone noticed a decline in the quality/strength of their MXM lately? Mine seems to smell more, and effects seem to be less euphoric than previous shipments