• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - Part 13: Don't you know? MXE comes from MXE-co

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a dissociative trip connects a person with Jung's collective unconsciousness, neutralizes Schopenhauer's will, brings one to Leary's 8th circuit, makes Lacan's great Other immediately accessible, or delivers one to Hegel's absolute if we're to understand the dissociative state through the lens of certain philosophies in the continental tradition.

I think that what it does is bring one into contact with his unconscious mind to see how his thinking works behind the scenes, in a way. Watch The Truman Show. Your conscious mind and what you understand to be your self is Truman, while the set, the actors, the technicians etc are our lingering memories and biological rhythms. When you swim into the ocean, you have dosed, and when you climb the stairs, you are falling into the hole.

Do you remember how Truman became suspicious and paranoid and wanted to escape the system? This is often how people with anxiety or depression often feel towards their own minds but understand it to be frustration, fear, and unhappiness coming from society. The reason why a dissociative trip is a powerful agent for curing depression and anxiety is because it shows people the thoughtscape beyond their own limited perspectives but at the maximum of their potential understanding.

Just thought I'd mention

T0: 1mg DOC
T+7h: 1.5gr dry mushrooms

T+12h: 25mg MXE

was lots of fun. The mushrooms were very mild, but I still felt the MXE affecting the DOC, even at that time.

I spent the whole day lying around and doing yoga. Wonderful bodyfeel.

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but what supplements do you guys recommend taking post-MXE use? I have gone on a few binges and despite what some users claim, I do feel quite a bit frazzled and slightly depressed, if not just bored. It is not anywhere near as bad as hangovers or withdrawal symptoms I have experienced with other classes of chemicals, but I definitely feel a bit worse than usual and generally don't feel like doing much. I'd have to say MXE is probably the most psychologically addictive drug I have ever tried, and I really don't like the thought of being so dependent on it.

I have been taking magnesium, 5-HTP and L-tyrosine, but I really can't find too much information on if these are beneficial, or even safe. Any suggestions?

I don't really think there is anything you can do when it comes to MXE. An opiate would probably take the edge off but really you're better off just not binging on it. Dissociatives can really zap you of your energy and MXE is one of the more potent ones not just in general but when it comes to NMDA antagonism which can leave you feeling drained for a bit.

I don't really think there is anything you can do when it comes to MXE. An opiate would probably take the edge off but really you're better off just not binging on it. Dissociatives can really zap you of your energy and MXE is one of the more potent ones not just in general but when it comes to NMDA antagonism which can leave you feeling drained for a bit.

Thanks for your input. I didn't really mean other drugs I could take, as I feel that would not help in the long-term. I have been sleeping a lot this weekend after using MXE off and on for probably the better part of two weeks, going through maybe 1-1.5g in that time, and was curious if there was anything that might help a bit. I know no supplement is going to help more than just time without taking it, eating healthy, exercise, etc. but is there no supplement which would help more than taking nothing at all?

Thanks for your input. I didn't really mean other drugs I could take, as I feel that would not help in the long-term. I have been sleeping a lot this weekend after using MXE off and on for probably the better part of two weeks, going through maybe 1-1.5g in that time, and was curious if there was anything that might help a bit. I know no supplement is going to help more than just time without taking it, eating healthy, exercise, etc. but is there no supplement which would help more than taking nothing at all?

That was my point - besides opiates, I can't think of anything that would help in the supplement/herbal realms. You did a lot and there's a consequence for that. Sounds rather benign for the amount used.

That was my point - besides opiates, I can't think of anything that would help in the supplement/herbal realms. You did a lot and there's a consequence for that. Sounds rather benign for the amount used.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I am by no means feeling irreparably depressed or anything of that sort, I was just sort of wondering about supplementation in general as I have never really seen anything about it on this board or otherwise. This little binge I went on is just one of many where I have been left feeling sort of broken, and this is the first time I've ever thought to ask about it in this thread.

Piracetam is a good remedy to MXE side effects, but is a bit harder to come by these days than it used to be. If taken on empty stomach during the MXE experience I have found that within minutes moving becomes easier and thinking is clearer. I also use it most days and it gives me a bit more clarity after MXE use. It's nothing really noticeable, just makes me feel normal. I take 3g at a time.

Last edited:
Piracetam is a good remedy to MXE side effects, but is a bit hard to come by these days. If taken on empty stomach during the MXE experience I have found that within minutes moving becomes easier and thinking is clearer. I also use it most days and it gives me a bit more clarity after MXE use. It's nothing really noticeable, just makes me feel normal. I take 3g at a time.

I have only taken Piracetam a few times, but have used Noopept extensively in the past. I find that it basically negates any effects from NMDA antagonists, and it almost feels like a deterrent to using them since it will just be a waste, as well as offering the benefits Noopept has to offer in general. I do have quite a bit of Noopept on hand and was considering cycling back on to it for just that reason.

I use the piracetam in the day & the MXE later at night. I haven't tried Noopept but have some (and phenylpiracetam) for when my giant bucket of piracetam is empty. I tried the phenyl after MXE just once & thought it was great. A crystal clear MXE trip is what it produced. Not better than just MXE but nicely different.

One that I might be wary of combining with MXE is sunifiram because it activates the NMDA receptor via a different site on the receptor (glycine.) I think that would make it a better "anti-dissociative" but I don't know what happens when both are present at the same time.

Piracetam is a good remedy to MXE side effects, but is a bit harder to come by these days than it used to be. If taken on empty stomach during the MXE experience I have found that within minutes moving becomes easier and thinking is clearer. I also use it most days and it gives me a bit more clarity after MXE use. It's nothing really noticeable, just makes me feel normal. I take 3g at a time.

There's a place that sells it pretty cheap for a big amount

Do you remember how Truman became suspicious and paranoid and wanted to escape the system? This is often how people with anxiety or depression often feel towards their own minds but understand it to be frustration, fear, and unhappiness coming from society. The reason why a dissociative trip is a powerful agent for curing depression and anxiety is because it shows people the thoughtscape beyond their own limited perspectives but at the maximum of their potential understanding.

Thanks for writing that, that really spoke to some things I've been feeling over the past few weeks. And I just happened to have watched The Truman Show again this afternoon, great movie. :D

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but what supplements do you guys recommend taking post-MXE use? (snip) I have been taking magnesium, 5-HTP and L-tyrosine, but I really can't find too much information on if these are beneficial, or even safe. Any suggestions?

I've seen Vitamin B12 and Coenzyme Q10 recommended by someone here before (can't remember who, maybe they'll pipe up) as good things to take to recover from dissociatives. I don't know the reasoning behind that myself but I just thought I'd mention it. :)

1.5 g's in two weeks is a lot? I went through 10 g's of quality stuff in a little over three. This is going to really start taking its toll, if it hasn't already. I'm sure its started and I just forgot the normal baseline me or something. But yeah, i feel pretty kinda decent a week later considering the quantities I was using. But who know what its doing. This drug is just too damn addicting, even if only mentally. I feel like i'm in a relationship with it, two year anniversary yesterday. I need to stop it. GGGRRRrrrr!!!

Speaking of Jung. We discussed him in class. Would like to read one of his books. I find his notion of "synchronicity" extremely compelling, particularly when in that mxe headspace, because that is exactly how I feel/think. I feel that the typical psychonaut fits under "The Trickster" archetype. "Trickster figures are less common in our culture than in some others (e.g. in Native American mythology), but they can be seen in the revelries of Mardi Gras and in circus clowns." I feel that there is some connection between this and music culture. Going to a festival has that kind of vibe going for it. "Jung (1969) referred to the trickster as 'a collective shadow figure, a summation of all the inferior traits of character in individuals.' Because they provide a symbolic expression of this shadow, trickster myths may assist individuals to incorporate the shadow to find creative energies for growth in previously repressed material." (Cloninger 2013)
It should be noted that "Without the conscious ego to act as a mediator, this powerful collective unconscious overwhelms the individuality of the person and makes manifest what is latent in the rest of us. Drugs can trigger psychosis by chemically inducing an encounter with images of the archetypal unconscious. Direct experience is dangerous, but the collective unconscious can be approached cautiously, with the aid of symbols and myths." (Cloninger 2013)
This bit was not a Jung quote but rather the author of my text talking about Jung. I would like to read more of Jung's original text to confirm he would agree with this. I don't agree that cautious, mindful direct experience with the aid of drugs is inherently dangerous or bad in the least bit. But these drugs can have a tendency in certain instances to take control of our minds, keeping us from being truly conscious and aware. From what I gather, Jung was all about some Yon-Yang shit, balance and whatnot. Of course he talked about the ego and ego inflation, but he also discussed psychic inflation, which can result in overvaluing the unconscious.
The remedy is individuation, which involves finding proper balance between consciousness and the unconscious. Only through individuation can a person become truly an individual and not simply a carrier of unconscious images and other people's projections. In the later phases of the individuation process, the transcendent function integrates the diverse aspects into a unified whole.
Going back to myths and symbols. I really enjoyed the above posters thoughts about The Truman Show, and it's meaning. This movie is in my opinion a great example of myths and symbols. I watched it many years ago sober and it was a trip. I actually was all psyched to watch it again a couple months ago. It kind of came back to be and I realized it had "mxe" written all over it. But I opted for a comedy instead, as I had been binging on mxe and thought that if I watched The Truman Show on top of it I might actually lose my fucking mind lol. I'm gonna definitely going to watch it when I get more mxe. Gotta. That is all.

Vitamin B6 is something to consider too. I had my "levels" checked (whatever those are) by my doctor after a period of use. My B12 and B6 levels were the lowest he'd ever seen, but I was also using N2O off and on at the time so it's not like MXE is the only possible thing that could hurt.

Aside from the B's, 5HT-P seems to do wonders for me after a dissociative trip, more noticeably with DXM. But if nothing seems to help, just cool off the drugs for a while and wait for your brain to get back in shape. It could also be a psychological effect lingering from a trip that's bugging you rather than some sort of drug-induced deficiency.

--

If you enjoyed Jung, you may like Joseph Campbell: he takes what Jung had to say and mixes it in with traditional religion, adding his on slant on things in the process. His Hero with 1000 Faces is his most famous and most accessible work, but it's criqued by some for oversimplifying religious stories. His Masks of God quartet is fabulous and his TV series is worth a watch. I tend to associate the psychedelic trip more with mythic ventures than dissociatives, but there's something to be said about both...

Last edited:
has anyone commented on my prior post, of residue not completely becoming soluble in water, in the sandy mxe
im finding there to be quite a lot almost 20mg in a 200mg dissolved sample is left over!

apparently the old mxe before pre-ban is becoming predominant again to most sources, looking forward to the samples !

i am really enjoying I.M. this substance, 100mg takes me on a quality, 1 hour hole. I then come out fully energized in a perfect state of mind to do anything.
An amazing addition to meditation before the day begins, or even for coming day, if timed before bed time :)
I am using the thigh currently, is the most easily accessible.

Sorry if this is already answered in the thread but is there any info about the bladder and MXE nowadays? Has anyone reported any problems? Last time i checked it was still unknown.

So sad this substance is not available for me at this country anymore, maybe some day in the future.

I don't think there are any confirmed instances, but there are a few people on here who have had various health problems that they attributed to MXE. There are many more people who have used lots and haven't had any problems.

I would say the jury is still out but it appears to be safe. Most people with K related bladder problems use multiple grams per day. I don't think anyone uses that much MXE due to its higher potency and longer duration. I have a high tolerance & use 200-300mg per night. After about two years the only urinary difficulty I've experienced is bad aim when peeing in the dark=D

pretty sure i posted this somewhere already but can't remember
how much of mxe to take to reverse benzo tolerance? and is it possible to still keep taking the benzo every day?
I tried DXM to reverse it and it did fuck all

Status
Not open for further replies.