View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy MDAI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have testing reagents like marquis?
if so it would be interesting to compare the results with people who have gotten and used previous batches of mdai...
do we already have some reference tests of mdai colour reactions with pill testing kits?

trial combined with buphedrone:

had most of the body high, euphoria, music enhancement, and tactile fx of mdai. Lacking in an empathetic opening. I was cautious with the buphedrone dosing, and the dosing of the 100 mg MDAI was distributed over a wide-time frame, so it was a bit too sedating.

So this is overall promising, but buphedrone appears the wrong stimulant (perhaps not adrenergic enough, perhaps not euphoric enough, perhaps i dosed too low with it). I also respond poorly to DARIs in general. It's a shame--the other RC stims look even worse.

I'm sure that my next trial (in a month+!) should be solely mdai.

Day after, I'm just fine ('cept I was up late and could have used more sleep)...I feel perhaps better than I'd expect on 4.5 hrs. / sleep.

ebola

@bach I have not seen anything of the sort in recent times the supplier presently has not changed any bactches from what I can see but interesting none the less could simply be a different supplier but in respect of the dosage range it looks and sounds very suspicious to me unless we are seeing something entirely new because we have assesed .

@ebola - interesting regarding buphedrone what dosage did you take for buphedrone?

do you have testing reagents like marquis?
if so it would be interesting to compare the results with people who have gotten and used previous batches of mdai...
do we already have some reference tests of mdai colour reactions with pill testing kits?

Sorry, I'm mostly a plant guy making his first forays into RCs, so nothing as sophisticated a marquis test. Just my own neurons.

@bach I have not seen anything of the sort in recent times the supplier presently has not changed any bactches from what I can see but interesting none the less could simply be a different supplier but in respect of the dosage range it looks and sounds very suspicious to me unless we are seeing something entirely new because we have assesed .

QUOTE]

That's why I felt compelled to write a TR. It is so different in physical appearance and effect from everything I have read here, that in the interest of harm reduction I thought it prudent to post. I mean I can't imagine dosing at 100 mg, maybe bumping up to that amount, but you'd be up for a couple days I would think. (Note: 30 mg had the above effects on a 205 lb 46 year old male)

Specific differences between my experience and other reports here that I note are: coming on so strong in 15 min on an oral dose, immediate and short (1 hour or so) peak, and 9 hour total duration. Also high level of peripheral stimulation (but again that may have been the energy drink talking). Similarities are: facilitated communication without inappropriate emotional enmeshment, jaw clench, musical enhancement and a very smooth comedown.

Without a GCMS at my disposal I have no way of knowing the true identity of what this stuff really is. My current hypothesis as implied in the TR, is that this is a different batch, with either a cleaner synth or better cleanup. A foaf sourced from an American supplier (Can I say that here? Mods delete if not), who claims to have been in business for 15 years. It was marketed as, ordered as, and labeled as mdai.

Last edited:
More tests to follow so far b1 and mdai combo for us works nice.

Would you mind posting the dosage/ratio of this combo? Also, I read one of your previous postings related to MDAI + Buphedrone. I was wondering if you could discuss the differences of the two combos.

@ Bach good work on posting it up man not downing your hr :) it is worrying when there is that much contrast between doses . Part of the reason I speculate a new chem that's possibly been mislabelled

@cliff.huck you need to establish a comfortable base dose for b1 because everyone responds differently to it then work your way up slowly . Try 100mg of each for a start. Our primary was the dark brown mdai .

My rant for the day . Peace . Love and lollipops

Secondly the buphedrone combination in comparison to b1 is that the b1 for us at least gets you close to an MDMA buzz. The buph tests were establishing efficacy of a stimulant mixed with mdai and now much the effect could emulate the real thing . The answer was that we were also utilizing tianeptine to increase the effects but there is a distinct shortage of tianeptine at the moment so further tests could not be carried out.

I aim to further test tianeptine in combination because in initial tests it yeilded results which I think will affect the future of this chemical in a positive way . To do with the neuro protective nature of tianeptine :)

My current hypothesis as implied in the TR, is that this is a different batch, with either a cleaner synth or better cleanup. A foaf sourced from an American supplier (Can I say that here? Mods delete if not), who claims to have been in business for 15 years. It was marketed as, ordered as, and labeled as mdai.

Hi Bach, this is quite possible, but there are a couple of other possibilities which shouldn't be rejected out of hand.

The first is that maybe, as info.trance ^ said, could be another substance altogether that has been mislabled.

The other is that it is indeed MDAI that you took but that you have a very low tolerance to this substance. Other users have reported strong reactions to very low doses when taken in conjunction with other substances - are you on anything else (other than the energy drinks, of course!)
The hcl that was the first I was aware of being available was tan/off white. The freebase has all been doodoo brown AFAIK
You report your batch as looking different, but there is a difference in appearance between the freebase and the HCl salt. Could it be you got the salt, rather than a cleaned up version?

I'm not entirely convinced by your hypothesis that this is just a cleaned batch - given your (highly) active dose was around 30mg iirc, that means that the doses of around 120mg that give me mild effects must therefore be at least 75% impurities / inactive compounds. I know a few people have done clean-ups , but that sounds like a remarkably high impurity rate. (Iodjini_dk - can you give us a steer on the yeild from your clean-up?)

Having said that, if this is a cleaned up and more powerful batch, then fantastic!!! For now, my money would be on mislabelling, but it's anyones guess to be honest. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what / if any others who try your batch find.

Anyone else?

I think about half of it was gone after the cleanup, but as I said it wasnt easy getting into solution and thus I may not have dissolved it all. But this might be because it was much less pure than expected and the stuff I couldnt get into solution was simply impurities.

Some day when I get bored Ill do another extraction, perhaps even an A/B extraction on the rest of my stash. Then Ill note the yield and report back to you guys. But hey, its a pretty simple procedure and Ill reccomend it to anyone using that brown crap. Spare yourselves for the impurities people :)

@ebola - interesting regarding buphedrone what dosage did you take for buphedrone?

Intermittent dosing throughout the afternoon, stepping from 5 to 20 mg, a 50 mg oral re-attack dose with the MDAI.

ebola

I think about half of it was gone after the cleanup, but as I said it wasnt easy getting into solution and thus I may not have dissolved it all. But this might be because it was much less pure than expected and the stuff I couldnt get into solution was simply impurities.

Wow. Even though you admit this is a rough number, half is pretty high. Even so, not sure it's enough to explain the difference in effect that Bach describes.

... could be another substance altogether that has been mislabled.

The other is that it is indeed MDAI that you took but that you have a very low tolerance to this substance. Other users have reported strong reactions to very low doses when taken in conjunction with other substances - are you on anything else (other than the energy drinks, of course!)

Yeah, it's the energy drink that gives me pause, and why I will be doing another bioassay of only mdai. I'm thinking perhaps that the caffiene/taurine, etc in the drink may have increased the bioavailability of the mdai in some way?

I wasn't on anything else except for my usual level of nicotine.

As far as the possibility of mislabeling, strictly speaking, it could apply to all the RCs, no? I mean, white powders look pretty much alike and aside from doing a detailed chemical analysis we don't REALLY know just what we've got. Just ask Mr. Haupt.

As I mentioned in the TR the very first thought I had as it was coming on was that it was possibly mislabeled. From all the reading I did here and elsewhere, mdai is not supposed to knock your socks off. Well I'll tell ya, I was walking around barefoot all day...

More careful research to follow, and I will post my results.

Last edited:
Interesting. Regarding that half number, i tried to replicate his results, but the workup winds up being messy in practice, because you're trying to extract a non-polar out of a filthy solution with a solvent it barely dissolves in, and then evap the solvent and gather the result.

We have bioassayed with quickeze which is like losec typically increases bio avail of MDMA . Mdai does not seem to present the same effects nor does it increase them. In the case of caffeine and taurine redbull has often been in the mix because we have assayed in combination I am hesitant to comment although from our observations it didn't seem to play any major part.

I'm not disputing Bach only sharing observations from the numerous experiments we have carried out

I am tempted to bioassay shortly this on its own again . The last time a stand alone was carried out was with the light brown cocoa looking stuff

Synergises with LSD quite nicely, and with just nitrous visuals were increased (although I had been taking LSD a couple of days before which may have contributed to it).

Just snorted roughly 100mg sober and it has had very little effect, quite sedating and relaxed, but no real empathy or anything particularly interesting.

The batch I have looks a bit like cinnamon powder.

I just bought a batch of 400mg from an american company that looks exactly the way bach drescribed, I'm gonna try a low dose shortly and report back. I'm new here btw, hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.